Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Unfair

Can Lin and Melo play a game together before it's declared disatrous and we go into drastic measure mode? I mean damn. Nobody was complaining about Melo's shot selection last year. Now he's a team cancer that nobody can play with. They act like Melo and Lin are Shaq and Kobe (who still managed to win rings). Last time I checked,Melo plays pretty well when he has a solid pg running the show. Last time I checked, Lin was exerting himself and playing minutes he's never had to endure. This could end up being just what each guy needed. I hate the media, especially ESPN's analysts!

Let the guys ball. The may end up being a wicked tandem.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:52 AM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Unfair

Melo + Lin will give teams nightmares.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 AM   #3
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last season the Knicks allowed 110.1 points per 100 possessions, which was eighth worst in the league. But this season they are allowing just 99.5 points per 100 possessions, the league’s sixth-best mark.
bluechox2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Lin and Melo will be fine together.

I still have some doubts but hopefully it will work out well.

I think Melo knows too that the Garden crowd will boo him if he stops the ball movement. And I don't think anyone wants to get booed.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

I think its unfair for the media to say melo has to change his game for lin this team will be fine, hell amare to me is the one who need to step up his game. this is melo's team folks.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I think its unfair for the media to say melo has to change his game for lin this team will be fine, hell amare to me is the one who need to step up his game. this is melo's team folks.
I agree. Lin would have to keep up his play for @ least 2 more years to equal what Melo's done in his career. This is Melo's team and became so when Amare decided he'd officially given up on defense. It kills me how a guy can get a negative reputation he can't erase overnight but if he starts doing something positive he'd never done before,it goes overlooked. Other than when Rudy outplayed him, Melo has been playing defense this year.

I too think they will be fine. My only concern is the crowd, fans and the organization's patience with things. If we lose, the 1st things people are going to wantto do is blame Melo. I have a huge fear that we'll run Melo outta here like we did Steph.

In actuality, Durant and Westbrook fitting together seem like a way tougher fit than Melo and Lin. That being said, they are one of the best teams in the league and just dropped 51 and 40 respectively.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #7
The Ownage
Local High School Star

The Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat coolThe Ownage is considered somewhat cool

Melo and Lin are gonna be great. A legit #2 SF in the league who can bang with Lebron head to head and obviously the emergence of Lin are gonna male them a deadly combo.

I wish Amare shows the same passion as last year man. I don't know if he feels like he's being left out by the fans as a contributor but we all know what he can do. As much as I've disliked him this season I cannot root against the guy for all he's done for us last season.
The Ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo has played with a ball dominant pg before, so I see no issues.

He actually asked for Lin to play primarily because he was actually tired of the offense being ran through him like that.

Melo will do fine, and shouldn't have to hold the ball for long seconds, which is the biggest complaint the media has been harping on.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
Ken Berger@KBergCBSReply
Retweet

Favorite
Open

Carmelo Anthony "likely" to return from groin injury tonight vs. Nets, league source says.

Looks like some questions and doubt will be answered tonight.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://knickerblogger.net/carmelo-through-the-years/
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Looks like some questions and doubt will be answered tonight.
Maybe not. If he has a bad game people will just have to remember that he missed two weeks to injury. We probably shouldn't look for instant gratification.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Maybe not. If he has a bad game people will just have to remember that he missed two weeks to injury. We probably shouldn't look for instant gratification.
You should be able to see him do work within the offense regardless of how long he's been out though.

That's what I will be looking for, but some reports have a few of our guys out.

Most notably Tyson Chandler as probable and Shumpert is OUT.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #13
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

What happened to Shumpert?
Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
What happened to Shumpert?
I was reading tendinitis in his left knee.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #15
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Oh poops.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: