Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #16
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

So who listened to my advice and bought Apple stock? Send me my cut!

Apple changed their name from Apple Computer Inc, to just Apple Inc.

Last edited by adamcz : 01-09-2007 at 02:12 PM.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #17
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Touchscreens are a horrible, horrible idea for cell phones. There's a reason there aren't a load of them already, and the few that are out don't sell. This will sell just because it's Apple, but it's not a good long-term idea to just stick with touchscreens.

I'm kinda dissapointed, I would've prefered a slider phone that just had a regular keypad underneath.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #18
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Tubbs
Touchscreens are a horrible, horrible idea for cell phones. There's a reason there aren't a load of them already, and the few that are out don't sell. This will sell just because it's Apple, but it's not a good long-term idea to just stick with touchscreens.

I'm kinda dissapointed, I would've prefered a slider phone that just had a regular keypad underneath.

thats what i was thinking too, but after reading it, apple claims it has made improvements over traditional touch screens its supposed to be more accurate and immune to accidental touches. the touchscreen turns off when the phone is to your face. ill wait a few months for reviews to get out, and will prob wait for the 2nd generation. looks sweet as sh*t tho.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:21 PM   #19
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Apple>>>GOD.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #20
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
thats what i was thinking too, but after reading it, apple claims it has made improvements over traditional touch screens its supposed to be more accurate and immune to accidental touches.

Doesn't matter. The problem with touchscreens are that people just prefer a tactile response to pushing a button. Just pushing stuff on a screen doesn't feel the same. Not to mention that it is pretty much impossible to type from memory on it.

And there are also gonna be an assload of fingerprints all over it all the time, which messes up the look. And if you drop it just once, it will look screwed up forever.

For $500, I'd rather get the SonyEricsson or Nokia music phone instead.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #21
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Doesn't matter. The problem with touchscreens are that people just prefer a tactile response to pushing a button. Just pushing stuff on a screen doesn't feel the same. Not to mention that it is pretty much impossible to type from memory on it.

And there are also gonna be an assload of fingerprints all over it all the time, which messes up the look. And if you drop it just once, it will look screwed up forever.

all valid points. im pretty sure the decision not to have keys was to keep the thickness down and improve the over all "sexiness" of it. anyone smart would get a screen protector for that phone. i have one for all my electronics, my psp, camera, cell, nano, etc that i get from shieldzone. works great and doesnt decrease the looks of the product at all. im in the wait and see mode
for this phone as of right now.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:00 PM   #22
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Why would you doubt Apple's ability to make an enjoyable user interface. They've been making the best and easiest interfaces in computers and ipods for years now. It's what they're known for. If you prefer a device that has 50 buttons on it, I think you're in the minority. Time will tell.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #23
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DAMNIT I SHOULD OF BOUGHT APPLE!

Mac World is just down the street from me here in Frisco.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #24
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Why would you doubt Apple's ability to make an enjoyable user interface.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Newton

Quote:
If you prefer a device that has 50 buttons on it, I think you're in the minority.

The iPhone has more buttons than any phone out there. It just happens to be that they're all on the screen.

Touchscreens simply aren't a viable mass market option. Which is fine, because Apple isn't going for the mass market right now. I'm sure Apple is working on a regular keypad phone as we speak.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:15 PM   #25
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Apples stock is up to $91.82 a share
Old 01-09-2007, 03:26 PM   #26
adamcz
Bucks fan

Hate all you want. I'll keep enjoying great products more than paid for by the appreciation in Apple stock. As will millions of others.

PS - you really doubt Apple's ability to make the best user interface because of the handheld they released more than 10 years ago? In spite of having the best consumer electronics products during all the years since Jobs came back to the company? That seems like a randomly selected way to view reality.

Last edited by adamcz : 01-09-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #27
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Apple >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Microsoft
Old 01-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #28
the even bigger black guy
High School Varsity 6th Man

the even bigger black guy has decent reputation

the even bigger black guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #29
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Hate all you want. I'll keep enjoying great products more than paid for by the appreciation in Apple stock. As will millions of others.

I'm not "hating" at all. Hell, I'm typing this right now on…a Mac!

Quote:
PS - you really doubt Apple's ability to make the best user interface because of the handheld they released more than 10 years ago? In spite of having the best consumer electronics products during all the years since Jobs came back to the company? That seems like a randomly selected way to view reality.

No, I'm sure the interface is easy as pie to use. So was the Newton.

The problem is the touchscreen…like the Newton. Apple has shown over the years that they are plenty prone to technical problems, just like any other company. If you'd stop sucking Steve Jobs's nuts, you'd realize that they just use parts made by the same companies that supply everybody else.

This is a nonissue though, because I'm certain that Apple has phones with actual tactile buttons waiting in the wings as we speak. I'm just dissapointed that this is the only phone they decided to enter the market with.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:05 PM   #30
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

MAC is over rated. Every since those mac/pc commercials every been on Apple's *******. PC > MAC, always will be.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: