Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

did somebody just bash the Newton? Nw I may be a huge mac fanboy, but the Newton kicked ass. Have you even ever used one? the thing is practically up-to-date by today's standards and it was released 10 years ago.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #32
FabCasablancas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Apple>>>GOD.

That wasn't funny... you're lame.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:57 PM   #33
JSub
Decent college freshman

Ricardo Tubbs
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:31 PM   #34
Ghetto Phenom
I hit open layups

Default switching to cingular

When that iPhone comes out, I will ditch Sprint and goto Cingular as my carrier. That mofo is NICE!
Ghetto Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:41 PM   #35
rezznor
Nosetradamus

i bet apple is working on a next-next generation gaming console as we speak.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #36
reppy
Apparently likes anime

I don't get it. What's the big deal? So it's running Mac OS X (do any of you really run OS X programs?) and it has a touch screen?

Is this really worth getting all excited over? Guess I just don't see why. Unless you're a business person, why would you even need this? You don't.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #37
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
I don't get it. What's the big deal? So it's running Mac OS X (do any of you really run OS X programs?) and it has a touch screen?

Is this really worth getting all excited over? Guess I just don't see why. Unless you're a business person, why would you even need this? You don't.

its all the features it has in a small size and sexy design. also, being apple, it should be easy and intuitive to use.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #38
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Of course we do. Email and web browser at the very least. Games will be developed and sold for the thing as they are for the ipod, so that will appeal to some people too.

This thing is the future. No need to carry ipod, cell phone, and lap top on trips, when this thing can cover all needs.

Those who are complaining about the high price were no doubt the same people who cried blasphamy when the original ipod came out at $400.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #39
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

I have a cell phone that makes phone calls. That works pretty well for me.
I also have a digital video camera that takes video and stills. That works pretty well also.
And, despite the commercials that show how usefull a combination, I've yet to run into a single situation where I said "I need a phone to take pictures with FAST!".
In other words, Stick to good versions of the seperate parts. It'll save you money and you'll wind up with much better quality, plus you won't be encouraging other developers to just stick **** together because they can.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #40
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Of course we do.

Yes, "we" do. About 99% of the rest of world still doesn't though. So expect comments like that. Most buyers of this will probably just see OSX on their phone like Symbian, i.e., just some phone-specific program. I don't think it'll convert very many people the way the iPod has.

Quote:
This thing is the future. No need to carry ipod, cell phone, and lap top on trips, when this thing can cover all needs.

The future's already available. And it's unlocked, so you don't have to use crappy Cingular.

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...-w950-en.shtml
^That thing's been out for almost a year now and has near identical stats to the iPhone.

Nokia just unveiled a 5MP camera phone today too. Apple better not release this thing with a 2MP phone like they're saying right now, or it will already be behind the times. And they better offer it unlocked also.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #41
rezznor
Nosetradamus

say what you will about apple, but damn do they know how to create buzz. the iphone has been all over the news today. on the net, on tv, every news channel or website ive seen has something on it. when was the last time a freakin CELLPHONE got this much hype? i-phone = the lebron james of cell phones, already being hailed as the GOAT before it has made a single phone call.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #42
reppy
Apparently likes anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Of course we do. Email and web browser at the very least.

Yes. But almost any e-mail and web browser program will do.

Quote:

I could see it replacing the iPod and cell phone obviously.. which is cool. But a laptop? I guess if you don't use your laptop for much besides web browsing, small apps and videos.

Quote:
Those who are complaining about the high price were no doubt the same people who cried blasphamy when the original ipod came out at $400.

I just wonder if the average consumer will even know what they're buying. Or even put its potential to use.

That said, when I decide to get a cell phone again, I'll be sure to at least see if there's any kind of sign-up deals going on with it and try to latch onto one. That is if it's at a decent price.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:00 PM   #43
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

Quote:
That said, when I decide to get a cell phone again, I'll be sure to at least see if there's any kind of sign-up deals going on with it and try to latch onto one. That is if it's at a decent price.
yeah, give it a year and the price will go way down, especially with the 2 year plans. Thats what happened with my razr, i paid 150 with a plan and now they give it out for free.

I might get one when i'm go to college and thats going to be another year and a half
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #44
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
But almost any e-mail and web browser program will do.
If all you want is a checklist of things that a device can do, Apple's not for you. Apple is for people who also want to know how well it can do those things. If I thought any old mp3 player will do as long as it plays music, I could get something cheaper than an iPod. If I thought any old computer is fine as long as it runs office and can connect to the internet, I wouldn't have a Mac. If I thought any pair of shoes is fine as long as they fit on my feet and have laces, I wouldn't buy Nikes. Etc.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:27 PM   #45
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by the even bigger black guy

that's nuts , looks a bit big though.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: