Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2014, 01:58 AM   #1
ImKobe
#blackout

ImKobe has an OK reputation so far
Default What happened to Kanye man...

How did he go from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMrqBcv6Mk

to Yeezus?
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:02 AM   #2
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: What happened to Kanye man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
How did he go from this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMrqBcv6Mk

to Yeezus?

You mean how did Kanye go from this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WezusURMbY

to that.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:03 AM   #3
JohnFreeman
#RunThroughtheTape

JohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJohnFreeman is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I enjoy all his music. MBDTF wasn't that long ago..
JohnFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:04 AM   #4
ImKobe
#blackout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
You mean how did Kanye go from this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WezusURMbY

to that.

GOAT-tier album man...every track is literally a classic

this man was a damn genius, even MBDTF was close to that level. Kim ruined this man...

I actually liked Bound 2 for a minute, but I couldn't listen to the whole album from start to finish.

I said toast mutha****a!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNYF_-mGGUI

Last edited by ImKobe : 08-23-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:12 AM   #5
BigBoss
I must break you

BigBoss has an OK reputation so far

I was a HUGE Kanye fan in 2004. I was like 15-16 then and would annoy all my friends about this guy and to listen to the College Dropout.

Now I fukin can't stand him or any of his music.
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #6
ThePhantomCreep
Local High School Star

ThePhantomCreep has decent reputation

"Yeezus" is pretty solid, actually. Anyone who takes chances and doesn't take the same formula and run it into the ground is okay in my book.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 AM   #7
ImKobe
#blackout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
"Yeezus" is pretty solid, actually. Anyone who takes chances and doesn't take the same formula and run it into the ground is okay in my book.

It's different and I respect the move, but musically, it's not what Kanye really is man... It's not a classic. It's not something you can listen to on repeat every day. Maybe it's just so ahead of it's time that I can't truly appreciate it, but I only fk with one track on that album, and it's not even in my rotation anymore.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:20 AM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

he picked up one of these
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:20 AM   #9
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kanye use to hangout at this clothing store in my city. He was friends with the owner and they would have after hours jam sessions. This was when he was underground and coming up.

I wish I had those old flyers to the sessions to show people that he came from the underground.

Glad I knew of him before he blew up.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:21 AM   #10
Smook A.
D.E.U.T.H.O.A.C

Smook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSmook A. is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best Kanye albums in order, IMO

1. College Dropout
2. MBDTF
3. Late Registration
4. Graduation
5. 808s & Heartbreak
6. Yeezus
Smook A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:23 AM   #11
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clique >
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:27 AM   #12
ThePhantomCreep
Local High School Star

ThePhantomCreep has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
It's different and I respect the move, but musically, it's not what Kanye really is man... It's not a classic. It's not something you can listen to on repeat every day. Maybe it's just so ahead of it's time that I can't truly appreciate it, but I only fk with one track on that album, and it's not even in my rotation anymore.

I consider "Yeezus" a minor experimental work, much like "heartbreak". I enjoyed it for its daring, but I definitely wouldn't compare it to "College Dropout" or "MBDTF". That's almost unfair.
ThePhantomCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:28 AM   #13
NBAplayoffs2001
Undisputed Champion

NBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputationNBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoss
I was a HUGE Kanye fan in 2004. I was like 15-16 then and would annoy all my friends about this guy and to listen to the College Dropout.

Now I fukin can't stand him or any of his music.

I used to think T-pain and Young Zeezy were like the best. I used to work for a warehouse in high school and all the ppl there who were in their 20s were like "these young kids don't know nothin'."
NBAplayoffs2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:29 AM   #14
BigBoss
I must break you

BigBoss has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smook A.
Best Kanye albums in order, IMO

1. College Dropout
2. MBDTF
3. Late Registration
4. Graduation
5. 808s & Heartbreak
6. Yeezus

Yep, but the gaps are

1..........2.....3..4...................5......... .................................................. .................................................. ...6.
BigBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:30 AM   #15
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

It's crazy how big Kanye is now.

Whenever I think of him, I still think Kanye the producer and making beats.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: