Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 02-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation
Default BS Gasol Rumor may not be so BS after all....

According to ESPN, during the Hawks game on Feb 20th, Mitch Kupchak, GM for the Lakers was spotted in the United Center at 5:45 pm CT. Then the unusual case of Derrick Rose refusing to take part in post game interviews, something he's been known to take part of every game for the past 4 years.

Hmm....
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: BS Gasol Rumor may not be so BS after all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
According to ESPN, during the Hawks game on Feb 20th, Mitch Kupchak, GM for the Lakers was spotted in the United Center at 5:45 pm CT. Then the unusual case of Derrick Rose refusing to take part in post game interviews, something he's been known to take part of every game for the past 4 years.

Hmm....

Who'd we trade for him, though? I don't want to give up more than Boozer, and I'm sure the Lakers wouldn't accept that deal, although Boozer is the better mid-range shooter, and Gasol gets good looks from the mid-range all the time. So Boozer may be a better fit in their new offense.

Maybe Korver + Boozer + Charlotte's pick for Gasol and Kapono?
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm almost positive that Rose didn't do his post game because he didn't want to talk about his back and how that felt, and probably just wanted to go get proper treatment done.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

There was a rumor from a guy on RealGM that works with the Bulls and he said the Bulls are also looking at Anthony Morrow and a trade with Portland that was Asik and Brewer for Matthews and Thomas. If Gasol to the Bulls could happen there might be a 3 team trade with one of those teams?

Last edited by Pharcyde : 02-22-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
There was a rumor from a guy on RealGM that works with the Bulls and he said the Bulls are also looking at Anthony Morrow and a trade with Portland that was Asik and Brewer for Matthews and Thomas. If Gasol to the Bulls could happen there might be a 3 team trade with one of those teams?
I like the Matthews deal more than the Gasol deal to be honest.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

People in the Lakers Forum are being delusional. There's a thread that involves Boozer and Deng for Gasol. Basically they'd want Deng for free. There making it sound like Gasol averages something like 23ppg and 15rpg.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
People in the Lakers Forum are being delusional. There's a thread that involves Boozer and Deng for Gasol. Basically they'd want Deng for free. There making it sound like Gasol averages something like 23ppg and 15rpg.

Yeah they all complain about how bad their players suck but then want every player for them. They wanted Kirk, Noah and a 1st for Bynum and Morrison a few years ago.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Damn, so apparently now, its not true that Rose had any part of a Gasol talk. Although I wonder if the GMs still might be doing something in the background. I still find it hard to believe the GM for the Lakers just randomly in Chicago at the united center for no reason.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...push-for-trade
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
YouEnjoyDRose
Can barely lace up my sneakers

YouEnjoyDRose has an OK reputation so far

Here's a Gasol trade that goes through on the ESPN trade machine

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7puh6kj
YouEnjoyDRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This works better for us
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

They're talking about it again on the main forum. I do really want this to happen. Noah & Gasol... holy shit. Gasol & Rose. Man... I truly think this makes the Bulls contenders even more than they already are with Boozer.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't want to see this happen. I'm not trying to be purposefully stagnant with our roster, but every move proposed has just as much downside, as it has upside. Not when we are damn near with our backs against the wall, cap-wise. One move that looks good on paper can be so bad in reality, that it pushes us into the 5-8 spots in the east for a few years.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #13
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I don't want to see this happen. I'm not trying to be purposefully stagnant with our roster, but every move proposed has just as much downside, as it has upside. Not when we are damn near with our backs against the wall, cap-wise. One move that looks good on paper can be so bad in reality, that it pushes us into the 5-8 spots in the east for a few years.

What's so bad about Gasol though? I'm not a fan of giving up Asik, Mirotic or our Bobcats pick, but I feel like Brewer/Korver are easily replaceable but Watson not so much. In a deal for Gasol given the Bulls find a third team, I wouldn't mind giving up Watson either though.

I was thinking about it yesterday, and there isn't really one thing that Boozer does better than Gasol... even his best traits (passing, rebounding). On the other hand, if we were to sit Boozer today and a trade didn't go down, that could cause problems. I'm a bit of a Gasol homer though, always loved him.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #14
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
What's so bad about Gasol though? I'm not a fan of giving up Asik, Mirotic or our Bobcats pick, but I feel like Brewer/Korver are easily replaceable but Watson not so much. In a deal for Gasol given the Bulls find a third team, I wouldn't mind giving up Watson either though.

I was thinking about it yesterday, and there isn't really one thing that Boozer does better than Gasol... even his best traits (passing, rebounding). On the other hand, if we were to sit Boozer today and a trade didn't go down, that could cause problems. I'm a bit of a Gasol homer though, always loved him.

It's not about Gasol in a vacuum.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose

Why would you give up Korver or Brewer so easily? These guys aren't all-around players, but the things they bring to the table are in an elite class. And we got them relatively cheap!

Gasol is burnt out with drama. He is such an emo player. While he is excellent, he's past his prime. Gar said it pretty well, when he said the Bulls are getting better, not because of new faces or roster changes, but because they are growing together. Adding Gasol is like throwing a monkey wrench into the whole organization at this point. We need to do quite a lot to make him fit.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: