Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: BS Gasol Rumor may not be so BS after all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Why would you give up Korver or Brewer so easily? These guys aren't all-around players, but the things they bring to the table are in an elite class. And we got them relatively cheap!

Gasol is burnt out with drama. He is such an emo player. While he is excellent, he's past his prime. Gar said it pretty well, when he said the Bulls are getting better, not because of new faces or roster changes, but because they are growing together. Adding Gasol is like throwing a monkey wrench into the whole organization at this point. We need to do quite a lot to make him fit.
Well, I do value these guys and what they bring to this team, but for one thing, depth is less important in the playoffs, unless a major injury occurs during the playoffs. Second, I feel Korver is kinda over-paid. He's a pretty decent passer but he can't even take more than two dribbles without being taken out of his game. I think you could get a guy like him for 2-3 million per, but I don't really mind his contract though. For Brewer, we've got Brewer-lite AKA Jimmy Butler who is showing amazing defensive potential. It looks like Thibbs has seen this too and is trying to squeeze in minutes for him, but when Rip is back, thats over.

Compared to savvy big men, with actual post moves that play decent defense and rebound the ball well, guys like Brewer and Korver are replaceable.

The second part, I agree with to an extent. Gasol has been through a ton of that in LA, but I feel for a player like him, a change of scenery would do wonders. As far as being old, I wouldn't deal him for any major pieces other than Boozer lol. You could be right though about fitting him in this season, just look at how long it took Noah and Boozer to play well together.

Either way, they didn't make a move so we're rolling with what we have which is fine, if Rip is healthy I think we're in the finals.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a soft spot for Brewer. He is as clutch defensively, as any wing player in the NBA. Butler has shown flashes, but Butler is ultimately a SF.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #18
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I like Brewer as long as he's not alone on the fast break.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #19
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Terrence Williams was waived by Houston. I think we should consider it and take a look. I've liked him as a player since his days at Louisville. Good all around player. Great defender, good ball handler, can create and can play pg sg and sf. Has attitude and character issues but with our coaching staff and our roster I feel confident that it would be controlled and we would turn him around. Could really be an amazing player with the right situation. Low risk high reward possibility here.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #20
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a bad idea with our injury situation.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #21
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Terrence Williams was waived by Houston. I think we should consider it and take a look. I've liked him as a player since his days at Louisville. Good all around player. Great defender, good ball handler, can create and can play pg sg and sf. Has attitude and character issues but with our coaching staff and our roster I feel confident that it would be controlled and we would turn him around. Could really be an amazing player with the right situation. Low risk high reward possibility here.
Not a bad idea, but we sort of have a log-jam at the wing positions and the PG position even without Rip. Rather not risk it, cuz I doubt Thibbs would play him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: