Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-21-2012, 03:41 AM   #1
okayabc123
Serious playground baller

okayabc123 has not been impressing people
Default Why can't AGoudelock be as good as Jeremy Lin?

Honestly, both 6'3, 200...

Does Lin really shoot better than AG?
Does Lin have better court vision?
Passing?
Does Lin have better handles?
Does Lin get to the lane and finish THAT much better?

Or is the Lakers too stubborn to keep going with Fish and allow AG to have a run with the starting unit?

The only really thing Lin is far superior than AG is court vision and passing. I havent really seen Goudelock make great passes.

So again, why can't AG be Lin?
okayabc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board
Default Re: Why can't AGoudelock be as good as Jeremy Lin?

AG is a shooting guard that's why. He's never played point guard... he had 12 assists total in college
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You can ask this question alot round the league... What Lin has done is amazing and I don't think we will see somebody else come out of nowhere like this.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If D'antoni was the coach here and that system was in place I think Goudelock probably could have some of the same success. Lin was really more of a scorer too. With that said, Goudelock definitely isn't a PG yet. He has some learning to do at that position. Lin has had about a year and a half to work on learning that position better so he could have a chance in the NBA. Linsanity is going to die down. People are going to realize that he's been good, but he certainly isn't elite.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
If D'antoni was the coach here and that system was in place I think Goudelock probably could have some of the same success. Lin was really more of a scorer too. With that said, Goudelock definitely isn't a PG yet. He has some learning to do at that position. Lin has had about a year and a half to work on learning that position better so he could have a chance in the NBA. Linsanity is going to die down. People are going to realize that he's been good, but he certainly isn't elite.

The coach, the system and the willingness to let a young guy play and develop without having to constantly look over his shoulder is HUGE.
IMO there are tons of players.....some drafted, some not, who, given the right
opportunity could develop into very solid players.
This is one reason I feel that the draft should be at least 3 rounds......we do have a D-League to hold and develop extra players.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why can't Kobe Bryant be as good as Michael Jordan?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
The coach, the system and the willingness to let a young guy play and develop without having to constantly look over his shoulder is HUGE.
This is one reason I feel that the draft should be at least 3 rounds......we do have a D-League to hold and develop extra players.

Absolutely! There's probably guys in the D-League right now who with the opportunity and the right system could be a big help to some teams. The fact of the matter is, teams typically use rotations of about 8-9 players. It takes injuries, retirement, etc, to open up new spots. The other thing is I think the scouting in the league is probably pretty bad right now. If you look at the Lakers for instance, they've been bad for years.... but they're even worse now. There was just an article (I think it was CBS sports) about how nobody even knows who's in charge of the Lakers scouting department and how big of a mess the front office has turned into this year......
Old 02-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Opportunity is not everything. Lin has proven he has an unbelievable feel for the game. he has amazing court vision, excellent ability to get in the lane and has a knack for getting others involved. Its a pretty bold statement to say Goudelock would have the same type of success. Lin has proven he can play in the league. He has proven he can win and beat legitimate teams.

Lin is a true point guard. Goudelock is a sg in a pg's body. Goudelock never really played pg. Lin has been a pg since high school.

Yes, if given opportunity some players could be decent role players. But how many guys in the d league could start on a team and lead the team to W's? I have no doubt many d leaguers can put up #'s if give 40 mpg, but would they win?

I think the Hype of Lin is over blown, but you guys need to give credit where credit is due. You cant discount what he has done just because he has been given an opportunity and is playing in Dantoni's system. Saying that there are so many other d leaguers out there that could do what he has done given the minutes? You guys are out of your minds.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I think the Hype of Lin is over blown, but you guys need to give credit where credit is due. You cant discount what he has done just because he has been given an opportunity and is playing in Dantoni's system. Saying that there are so many other d leaguers out there that could do what he has done given the minutes? You guys are out of your minds.

I don't think anybody is saying there are many. I think the discussion was more about there are some.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
I don't think anybody is saying there are many. I think the discussion was more about there are some.

Exactly.....the comment was that there are SOME.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Why can't Kobe Bryant be as good as Michael Jordan?
Apple to Apple :) and nobody will ever be better than Kobe after he leaves the game doing his time.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly.....the comment was that there are SOME.

Maybe you didn't say d leaguers, but a ton of guys who given the right opportunity could develop into solid players? Yes, there are "some" but not a "ton" of guys out there who are talented enough to be a rotational player. Maybe you miswrote your comment but this is all I have to go off.

My main point is that you guys are not giving Lin enough credit for being actually a great player. He has been lucky enough to play in a system that fit his skillset, its not just the system . dd24 even said Goudelock would have similar success in Dantoni's system. Do you actually agree with this? DO you have any response to my post other than to say you meant there are only "some" guys out there undrafted that could be good players?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Maybe you didn't say d leaguers, but a ton of guys who given the right opportunity could develop into solid players? Yes, there are "some" but not a "ton" of guys out there who are talented enough to be a rotational player. Maybe you miswrote your comment but this is all I have to go off.

My main point is that you guys are not giving Lin enough credit for being actually a great player. He has been lucky enough to play in a system that fit his skillset, its not just the system . dd24 even said Goudelock would have similar success in Dantoni's system. Do you actually agree with this? DO you have any response to my post other than to say you meant there are only "some" guys out there undrafted that could be good players?

Whoa!!!! Lin isn't a great player. You can say good, but great is something I will definitely disagree with. He's no Rose, Wall, Irving, CP3, Williams, Westbrook, etc. Keep in mind this guy tried out with different teams. He was on the Warriors. He wasn't better than Curry, hence he didn't have a job. So of course a part of this is finding a place where he could have an opportunity. The second part of it was being in a system that works for him. D'antoni's system needs a PG like a Jeremy Lin type. I'll give the kid credit, he worked hard, made the most of his chance, and has played pretty good. I'm not going to say he's a great player though. That's going way too far.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
DKLaker

Quote:

There was never any attempt or any thought on my part to discredit Lin......to say that, you are missing the point completely.
Lin is clearly a real talent. The point is that his situation highlights the way that talent is missed in not only basketball but in every sport.
It has come to light more in Football and Baseball where guys who were passed over and bagging groceries before getting a shot and making the Hall of Fame. Guys get overlooked or are failed to be developed by coaches all the time in sports. There is also a big issue of coaches trying to make the player fit their system rather than figuring out how best to incorporate the player's talent to it's full potential within the system. I'm going to attempt to keep this short rather than going into intense detail on this issue
I could go 20 pages deep on this....lol.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Whoa!!!! Lin isn't a great player. You can say good, but great is something I will definitely disagree with. He's no Rose, Wall, Irving, CP3, Williams, Westbrook, etc. Keep in mind this guy tried out with different teams. He was on the Warriors. He wasn't better than Curry, hence he didn't have a job. So of course a part of this is finding a place where he could have an opportunity. The second part of it was being in a system that works for him. D'antoni's system needs a PG like a Jeremy Lin type. I'll give the kid credit, he worked hard, made the most of his chance, and has played pretty good. I'm not going to say he's a great player though. That's going way too far.

I never said he was an elite pg. I never said he was on the level of CP3, Westbrook, rose, d will. You are putting words in my mouth. Those guys are elite pg's of the league. Maybe you defining of great is different but I do think he is playing great.

I will say this, Wall and IRving are not clear cut better pg's. What ha Wall proven? Wall lb for lb is a better talent and maybe has higher potential but that doesn't make him the better player. He is not a very high IQ player. He has proven little to me in a longer time. Irving is solid and likely ROY but he too is not clear cut better than Lin.

You are acting like I never said opportunity was a part of his success. Of course it was. But you make it seem like all it is is that he got opportunity and is playing with Dantoni which is untrue. You saying Giudelock would have similar success to Lin is really why I am getting this impression from you.

He probably wasn't better than Curry last year. He was a rookie. But GS was so high on him that no one was goingto take that spot.

I'm not going to get in a pissing war with you guys bc everyone is entitled to
their opinions, which I respect. That's what these forums are here for
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: