Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 01-06-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
cangoods
I brick open layups

Default Curry an All Star

Hey fellow fans,
been thinking about this, curry can actually be an all star. The only thing hurting him right now is he is a one dimensional player. offensively he dominates but is mediocre on the boards and defensively. I think its possible.

Dwight howard is head and shoulders above every other center in my opinon. And with bosh and oneil playing more PF. Curry has had a better season than Ben wallace or Shaq. I think it would honestly be a crime if shaq went to the all star game.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

If Shaq gets into the All Star game, the NBA shouldnt allow fans to vote anymore; that being said, considering all the other good centers in the East, I dont think he can make it unless us Knick fans step up. Curry has to compete with JO, Shaq, Howard, Bosh, and others.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

An injust decision for an All-Star game? Wouldn't be the first. The players have to be humble and admit they aren't worthy. I remember a year that Vince Carter was hurt practically all of the beginning of the season and he was leading the ballots. I wouldn't hold my breath for Curry. Shaq is among the leaders in votes for the center position. Maybe some other time for Curry.

He'd look funny in an All-Star game. All of the talented and proven players around him he'd look like he doesn't know what he's doing...just like when he plays for the Knicks. He'd be confused with a point guard like Andre Miller leading the charge and doing no look passes and Curry seeing something he's NEVER seen before....someone penetrating and breaking down a defense and dishing it out to thw wing. If he did catch it he'd miss it cuz his jumpshot sucks.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

He's Dominating finally.

All Teams can do is double now and he has to find marbury, crawford or q-rich for the 3.

Curry is going to be a big part in this playoff run.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

There really aren't that many big men in the paint. But I give Zeke credit for one thing. He finally admitted he need a pure shooter in the backcourt to keep the doubleteams honest, instead of stockpiling names. Q can be that guy. Crawford needs to hit the gym and just practice raining jumper after jumper. Marbs, just keep doing your thing. Your playing A OK!!!!!
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #6
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

no matter what people say about curry the man is ballin. he deserves to make the all-star team. now teams are double teamin him on a regular basis. there have been centers who made all-star teams who arent having the type of season curry is having now.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

he should be considered, but there aren't enough Knicks fans to negate the ones who just pick names off the cards.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:49 PM   #8
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Default Lets Be Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
no matter what people say about curry the man is ballin. he deserves to make the all-star team. now teams are double teamin him on a regular basis. there have been centers who made all-star teams who arent having the type of season curry is having now.

I personally dont believe he should be an all star.. so i would like to know out of curiousity name another center who made the ALL STAR team that only averaged 7 rebounds a game with NOOOOO blocks... The kid is averaging 18 lets not get carried away here its not like hes droppin over 22 with 9 or 10 rebounds.

The kid is talented WE GET IT but lets not jump on his nuts too quick here... We are below 500. he doesnt play defense and can't pass out of double teams and hes been a professional basketball player for more then half a decade...SORRY guys this isnt out savior. Ewing was 20 and 10 with 1 block again in his rookie season.... And so were all the other great bigs in the league for our generation all double double guys by the time they were 22. This kid is 24 and getting all the touches to be dominant and is giving us 18 and 7 with no interior defense..

And we compare him to the greats and assume he will be as good?? cmon now this kid is no all star...Go look up the greats and see what they were doing when they were 22(when they were all rookies in the league)...look at

David,Kareem,Wilt,Ewing,Shaq,Moses(who came out of high school), and the other greats who i dont remember on the top of my head. Eddy Curry is just as talented as these guys but the game is 70 percent mental. And he doesnt have it.

Mark my words GET RID OF MARBURY AND CURRY. And start david lee and a DEFENSIVE 5 we could possibly have 2 all stars in years to come Lee, Q(if healthy), or maybe even frye.

I was just like the next guy wishing Eddy was the one but that dream came an went looking at him on defense and his overall basketball IQ. This is a proven fact that you must be a student of the game b4 u master it. Everything was given to him and he let it all waste.

NO KNICK DESERVES TO BE AN ALL STAR THIS YEAR.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #9
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Che
I personally dont believe he should be an all star.. so i would like to know out of curiousity name another center who made the ALL STAR team that only averaged 7 rebounds a game with NOOOOO blocks... The kid is averaging 18 lets not get carried away here its not like hes droppin over 22 with 9 or 10 rebounds.

The kid is talented WE GET IT but lets not jump on his nuts too quick here... We are below 500. he doesnt play defense and can't pass out of double teams and hes been a professional basketball player for more then half a decade...SORRY guys this isnt out savior. Ewing was 20 and 10 with 1 block again in his rookie season.... And so were all the other great bigs in the league for our generation all double double guys by the time they were 22. This kid is 24 and getting all the touches to be dominant and is giving us 18 and 7 with no interior defense..

And we compare him to the greats and assume he will be as good?? cmon now this kid is no all star...Go look up the greats and see what they were doing when they were 22(when they were all rookies in the league)...look at

David,Kareem,Wilt,Ewing,Shaq,Moses(who came out of high school), and the other greats who i dont remember on the top of my head. Eddy Curry is just as talented as these guys but the game is 70 percent mental. And he doesnt have it.

Mark my words GET RID OF MARBURY AND CURRY. And start david lee and a DEFENSIVE 5 we could possibly have 2 all stars in years to come Lee, Q(if healthy), or maybe even frye.

I was just like the next guy wishing Eddy was the one but that dream came an went looking at him on defense and his overall basketball IQ. This is a proven fact that you must be a student of the game b4 u master it. Everything was given to him and he let it all waste.

NO KNICK DESERVES TO BE AN ALL STAR THIS YEAR.

Cheers to you, sir!!! You are soooooo right.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:16 PM   #10
cangoods
I brick open layups

i appreciate the oponions guys, but lets stick to facts. Curry is not competing against ewing or any of the great bigs of the past.

here is who he is competing against on this years ballot.

Dwight Howard, Orlando (BETTER THAN CURRY)
Averages: 17.5 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 1.6 APG

Nenad Krstic, New Jersey (OUT FOR THE SEASON)
Averages: 16.2 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 1.9 APG

Shaquille O'Neal, Miami (HAS BARELY PLAYED THIS SEASON)
Averages: 14.0 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.2 APG

Zaza Pachulia, Atlanta (NOT BETTER THAN CURRY)
Averages: 13.0 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 1.7 APG

Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee (NOT BETTER THAN CURRY)
Averages: 11.3 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 2.9 APG

Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cleveland (NOT BETTER THANA CURRY)
Averages: 9.9 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.1 APG

Ben Wallace, Chicago (NOT HAVIN A BETTER SEASON THAN CURRY)
Averages: 6.7 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 1.6 APG

No need to even mention these guys, curry is playing hands down better than all of them:

Samuel Dalembert
Alonzo Mourning
Nazr Mohammed
Primoz Brezec

Curry is the 2nd best center on this ballot, and should be an all star.

FYI, Oneil, and Bosh are on teh ballot as forwards.

- Cangoods
Old 01-06-2007, 08:29 PM   #11
cangoods
I brick open layups

when i look at this ballot, it comes down to curry or big ben, to be selected by the coaches. That is why i say curry has a chance.

- Cangoods
Old 01-06-2007, 08:31 PM   #12
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangoods
i appreciate the oponions guys, but lets stick to facts. Curry is not competing against ewing or any of the great bigs of the past.

here is who he is competing against on this years ballot.

Dwight Howard, Orlando (BETTER THAN CURRY)
Averages: 17.5 PPG, 12.6 RPG, 1.6 APG

Nenad Krstic, New Jersey (OUT FOR THE SEASON)
Averages: 16.2 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 1.9 APG

Shaquille O'Neal, Miami (HAS BARELY PLAYED THIS SEASON)
Averages: 14.0 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.2 APG

Zaza Pachulia, Atlanta (NOT BETTER THAN CURRY)
Averages: 13.0 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 1.7 APG

Andrew Bogut, Milwaukee (NOT BETTER THAN CURRY)
Averages: 11.3 PPG, 7.8 RPG, 2.9 APG

Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Cleveland (NOT BETTER THANA CURRY)
Averages: 9.9 PPG, 8.1 RPG, 1.1 APG

Ben Wallace, Chicago (NOT HAVIN A BETTER SEASON THAN CURRY)
Averages: 6.7 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 1.6 APG

No need to even mention these guys, curry is playing hands down better than all of them:

Samuel Dalembert
Alonzo Mourning
Nazr Mohammed
Primoz Brezec

Curry is the 2nd best center on this ballot, and should be an all star.

FYI, Oneil, and Bosh are on teh ballot as forwards.

- Cangoods

You put the numbers up and I'll give it to you, he probably should be in the All Star game. The fact of the matter is thought that he will NOT be selected. Simple as that. Maybe if the Knicks got more National TV time he'd be a bit more recognizable on a ballot.

You know what? If we all put in votes in the All Star ballot online as much as we can and spread the word he still wouldn't make it. He does have good numbers though.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:03 AM   #13
cangoods
I brick open layups

Amigo,
I agree he wont be selected his only shot is being boted in by coaches. I am skeptical that will happen because there is biass against the knicks. I think the knicks will have to fight and take any respect they get.

If we make the playoffs and win a couple games maybe next year we will have some nationally televised games.

- Cangoods
Old 01-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #14
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangoods
Amigo,
I agree he wont be selected his only shot is being boted in by coaches. I am skeptical that will happen because there is biass against the knicks. I think the knicks will have to fight and take any respect they get.

If we make the playoffs and win a couple games maybe next year we will have some nationally televised games.

- Cangoods

We lost all of our respect because of Isaiah. Most GM's and coaches of prominence can't stand him. Unless they have a bad trade on the way. the only way we can get our respectability back is to do these things....

1) Make the playoffs.....with a winning record. Don't just rely on winning the division with a crappy record.
2) make some noise if not much in the postseason. Take someone to the last game of the first round.
3) We have david stern on our side. he is a knicks fan. if we do the two above we will be on TV next year other than MSG, FSN. he couldn't justify how we could be on national tv this year, especially because of last year.

P.S. Curry should make the ASG based on his competition at center. he wont though unless the coaches pick him, which I doubt because most don't like Isaiah

Last edited by knickscity : 01-07-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #15
jlawdrummer
Serious playground baller

Default One thing about curry...

One thing a lot of people against Curry mention is how he has been in the league for 5 years or whatever, but what I don't hear anyone mention is that maybe he just hasn't had a good enough coach before now. I'm not gonna say Isiah is the greatest coach ever, but he did have A LOT to do with the emergence of Brad Miller and Jermaine O'Neal while he was in Indiana. He does know how to coach big men.

Maybe Curry just hasn't had a good bigman coach before in Chicago, and now that he is with Isiah I think a lot of people are seeing improvement. The fact is he is still only 24, which means he can still learn how he needs to play the game. I think he's doing a great job this year, and soon he will be a lot more consistent and will dominate almost any Center in the league. Give him his props, and be patient.
jlawdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: