Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Name the Jazz team needs

Name your team's TEAM NEEDS, in order of importance.

What positions need to be filled the most?
What specific skills should the players at that position have to best compliment the players already there?

Post the top few most important needs the team has to fill this summer, via the draft/free agency/trades/etc.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Unregistered

Cool Ohhh yea

Ok we all know that the Jazz are gonna be good next year all they need is a shooting Gaurd possible J.J Redick or Foye in the draft
They also need a defensive C a possibility is Przbila (I don't know how to spell it) but, he could come in and block a few shots that whould be great!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
cyco127
Local High School Star

Well, considering that Gordan Gira has bad Achillies we need outside shooting.
I have spoken to a few peeps who live with achillies (yeah, I'm prolly spelling it wrong) problems, and it seems-from what i've been told- that the only time GG won't feel it is when he is NOT PLAYING. And supposedly that will never change.
IMO we should move him before other teams figure out that he's got CHRONIC tendonitis.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 AM   #4
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Ok, we all know the Jazz need shooting. That much was apparent last year in our horrendous 3-point shooting. In fact, i think that's why Memo did so well from beyond the arc cuz the opposing defenses knew all they had to do was collapse inside and take their chances with the jazz's outside shooting - which is usually a good gamble for them. We also know Deron Williams is gonna be the MAIN distributor of the squad, so having a playmaker at the 2 spot isn't as high a priority (but it would be nice). The 2 must flat out shoot the ball. It would be great if he were also a lockdown defender (to guard the likes of kobe and wade... raja, we miss you) but that combo probably won't be found in the draft this year. The 2 should also be able to slash to the hoop and have the ability to kick it out to deron, memo, etc. I love Redick's game and even tho he's a major defensive liability at the NBA level, I think his positives more than make up for his negatives. The jazz play a screen-and-shoot game... simple as that. And J.J. does that one thing with the best of them. As for an interior presence, yes, we're lacking on the defensive end, (Boozer can hold down the fort on offense) but i hope we don't address that need with the 14th pick in the draft. We need a shooter. period.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:44 AM   #5
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

I think a shot blocking center should be first then a long athletic type in the SG spot. I say this because I don't believe Redick will be there at #14 in the draft.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #6
Heretik32
Myrrh

Range shooting for sure. It should be at the two, however, as the three spot already has AK (well, most of the time. Well... some of the time).

So Reddick would be a fit. Peja might be, problem is he plays at the three, which would shift AK to the four. Should Boozer be traded, that might be an idea there. AK can play the four, although I prefer to see him help on PF defense from his three-spot.

It'd be nice to see where they are heading. Deron and AK will probably be the building blocks, and Boozer probably won't be. Let's just see where this ride will take us.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:58 AM   #7
Summit42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

3 guard and bench rebulid... why does everyone want to bail on Boozer?
Summit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #8
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit42
3 guard and bench rebulid... why does everyone want to bail on Boozer?

I'd like to see Boozer stay. The last 30 games or so of 2006 were actually fun to watch. If he doesn't want to stay, I hope the Jazz can get something of equivilent value for him. He's got game and it's game the Jazz need.

Imagine a starting four of Boozer, AK, Mehmet, Williams and a Ben Wallace type, defensive/rebounding center (if one exists)...... That'd be pretty interesting, IMHO.
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: