Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Brady Quinn apparently isn't a believer...

I'm guessing Denver isn't bringing him back.

Anyone else remember hearing Quinn say, when the Browns didn't initially draft him with their first round pick (he was second round or something), "who's gonna through them the ball?" or something like that.

And...just saw on ESPN that Quinn says he's being misrepresented.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Barkley, I guess
Early season: "There was a game when (former Denver QB) Kyle (Orton) got hurt and the coaches were calling for me to go in, but Kyle got up and finished the game out. So I was the second-string guy. Then, a few weeks later, they decided to put Tim in. I felt like the fans had a lot to do with that. Just 'cause they were chanting his name. There was a big calling for him. No, I didn't have any billboards. That would have been nice."

On OT win over the Bears: "We've had a lot of, I guess, luck, to put it simply."

On opposing defenses: "The entire game, the defensive line is chasing the quarterback around, and that wears down the pass rush. Meanwhile, the defensive backs are chasing receivers, but you only throw eight passes, so they start to feel lazy. It only takes that one play, that one big pass, for a touchdown."

Faith: "If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brady Quinn apparently isn't a believer...

None of these points that Quinn raises are completely unreasonable. Sure, it's Brady Quinn, and his opinion on things don't carry a lot of weight, but yes, sometimes the fans call the shots on personnel moves, luck is involved in winning games, and for all of Tebow's wonderful qualities, it's not crazy to imagine that some of what he does it for show.

Not being a "hater" (though I'm not as big of a Tebow fan as many), but there are other religious players in the NFL, some deeply religious, but we don't hear about their convictions. Only Tebow. Perhaps that's a different topic for a different thread, though.

But then again, Quinn should have beaten him out for the job fair and square if he truly felt he was the better man.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 02-21-2012 at 06:21 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm not going to say Quinn was totally wrong but, two things I didn't like about this sequence:

1. You shouldn't be talking about your teammate like this, especially when he said/did nothing disrespectful towards you or the team.

2. The denial. How is he going to go that whole "I was misrepresented" when they have a quote like, "If you look at it as a whole, there's a lot of things that just don't seem very humble to me. When I get that opportunity, I'll continue to lead not necessarily by trying to get in front of the camera and praying but by praying with my teammates, you know?"
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

The guy is just bitter, plain and simple. He gets passed up by a bunch of teams on draft day and thinks, "I'm going to go prove people wrong." Then he proceeds to get beaten out for jobs by Derek Anderson and Tim Tebow.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What's also shocking is that someone was interviewing Brady Quinn in the first place.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

He's such a prissy bitch who will never amount to anything in the NFL. Keep talking, Brady.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:26 AM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Whodathunk Jimmy Clausen would be the least douchey Notre Dame QB in the NFL?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The writer who interviewed Brady explained how people are taking things out of context. And it makes sense to me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #9
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
The guy is just bitter, plain and simple. He gets passed up by a bunch of teams on draft day and thinks, "I'm going to go prove people wrong." Then he proceeds to get beaten out for jobs by Derek Anderson and Tim Tebow.

Tebow didn't beat him for the job. Tebow was elevated by the fans. Given that perspective I can see why he would feel some resentment. He never had a chance due to Tebow mania.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I can only imagine what Skip Bayless had to say today.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I can only imagine what Skip Bayless had to say today.

I was thinking the same thing.

You know what though, I actually agree with a good bit of his comments (Tebow was elevated by the fans, but let's not act like Brady Quinn didn't have his chances in the past), but I wouldn't be going out of my way at saying these things either.

Last edited by UtahJazzFan88 : 02-22-2012 at 08:50 PM.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:28 AM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

while its easy to say he is just a bitter backup there is still a lot of truth to what he is saying.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: