Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #46
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Default Re: Should the Heat/Bulls fear the Knicks/Celtics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
Mate thats what i am talking about.Right now bulls difference from last year less defense more offense with hamilton.This year wade is gonna face 33 year old hamilton.Miami is a lot stronger they have miller(best three point shooter even better than allen right when healthy) back healthy haslem most important part is they have battier.So probably closing line up will be battier-james-wade-bosh-miller(haslem). They didn't have that last year.Dont forget they dont have anyone to slow down bosh dont forget about him.Even though games will be close throughout the series who is gonna be the second scorer for bulls.Certainly miami is not gonna let rose score that easily and he cant do it alone against 3 all stars. Don't forget this time battier is gonna be defending deng so there wont be any matchups that bulls can exploit.Miami will have three shooters(including bosh and trio of haslem/miller/battier ) to surround james and wade in clutch.So i really dont think bulls stand a chance if lebron plays like he can.Actually he always played very good against bulls averaging more than 30ppg against deng.Anyway lets wait and see.
You can't make it seem like Miami did all the improving while Bulls just added a SG. That's not the case. This is a different team who's offense relies on good Ball movement this year. The team has high assists numbers cause the ball is constantly in motion with teammates looking for another teammates shot. Hamilton being 33 means nothing going against wade who's 30 btw. Hamilton is known to be one of Wade's worst match-ups due to making Wade having to run and constantly on the move. You think it was a fluke Wade had a bad game that Bulls game with Rip guarding him?

This team is not Rose Offense + Bulls Defense anymore, its a completely new offensive team, and no, we have not lost ANY defense. The Bulls-Heat game a few weeks ago is an exact replica of how the playoffs will go, coming down to the final seconds with the first team making a mistake losing the game.

Last edited by Tenchi Ryu : 02-22-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #47
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
I swear I don't understand this underrating of the Bulls like they are considerably weaker than the Heat.

NO OTHER TEAM has been as consistent as keeping games close with the Heat like the Bulls. I mean for christ sakes, EVERY SINGLE GAME since the beginning of LAST SEASON we've had against the heat has ALWAYS come down to the final minute....ALWAYS. Yet the Bulls can get knocked off and the Heat can't?! That's bullshit, straight up. The star power really blinds people of what a good team can do.

Its like they forget the game we JUST SAW like a few weeks ago. That was clearly the toughest battle Miami had all season.

Maybe because we dominated you guys in a playoff series? Teams can keep it close and play good against them in the regular season but come playoff time? Good luck with that. Just ask the Celtics. Stop saying when the Bulls are clicking they're the best team in the NBA because they're not. The Heat are showing you just that. 7 straight wins by a 10+ margin? They end games before the 2nd half begins. Time after time LeBron makes Rose a non-factor and that will be proven again if we meet in the playoffs. Heat > Bulls it's just that simple.
TheNaturalWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #48
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Celtics are old. All you have to do to beat them is play the full 48 mins because they will tire midway through the second quarter.

Knicks are a mess until they get rid of Amare and Melo and let Lin go crazy again.

These two teams COMBINED would not beat the Heat in a series.

Rondo/Lin
Allen/Smith/Fields
Melo/Pierce/Pietrus
KG/Amar'e
Chandler/O'Neal

would wreck people, especially if you got Doc Rivers as the Head coach
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #49
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Maybe because we dominated you guys in a playoff series?
You're already wrong. Each game was on average a 3 point game difference...how in the hell is that dominating? Heat aren't proving anything with the record, cause if you want to get technical, we only have ONE more loss than the heat with the SAME number of wins. AND, the bulls have played one more game than the Heat. So what does that mean? ONE loss from the heat this weak puts them under Chicago, so using records is flawed in this case.

Yea, Lebron made Rose a non factor this past game when they both have 30+ point games with Lebron only having ONE more point.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #50
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

If the Knicks can figure out a way to send Anthony to the Heat then NY can get to the Finals.

It'd be worth it for the Knicks to keep paying his salary for Miami so he can wreck their team

Last edited by La Frescobaldi : 02-22-2012 at 01:12 PM.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #51
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
You're already wrong. Each game was on average a 3 point game difference...how in the hell is that dominating? Heat aren't proving anything with the record, cause if you want to get technical, we only have ONE more loss than the heat with the SAME number of wins. AND, the bulls have played one more game than the Heat. So what does that mean? ONE loss from the heat this weak puts them under Chicago, so using records is flawed in this case.

Yea, Lebron made Rose a non factor this past game when they both have 30+ point games with Lebron only having ONE more point.

So being beat 4-1 in a playoff series deserves respect? There's a possible 7 games in a series and you win ONE? and you want respect. There's a reason nobody picks the Bulls over the Heat besides Bulls fans. The Heat are just plain better. If we do meet in a series I honestly DOUBT Wade is gonna stink it up against the Bulls twice in a row. All though he made up for it in the clutch.That was the only reason why we didn't blow you guys out every game.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #52
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:03 PM   #53
ballup
DO THE THING!!!!

Knicks, possibly if they can mesh. Celtics, well you have to put that time machine on overdrive for that to happen.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #54
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
So being beat 4-1 in a playoff series deserves respect? There's a possible 7 games in a series and you win ONE? and you want respect. There's a reason nobody picks the Bulls over the Heat besides Bulls fans. The Heat are just plain better. If we do meet in a series I honestly DOUBT Wade is gonna stink it up against the Bulls twice in a row. All though he made up for it in the clutch.That was the only reason why we didn't blow you guys out every game.
This is how I know you're a bandwagoner. While I agree the Heat are playing better, and should be the favourites in the series, D-Wade has ALWAYS stunk it up in Chicago.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #55
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee-rose
This is how I know you're a bandwagoner. While I agree the Heat are playing better, and should be the favourites in the series, D-Wade has ALWAYS stunk it up in Chicago.

lol? I've been a Heat fan since Wade was drafted. Wade has always stunk it up against Chicago in the regular season but I'm talking playoffs(besides the series where he was injured and got swept). He's a great playoff performer so I highly doubt he'll do it again. Great point though attacking fanhood.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #56
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

Quote:
lol? I've been a Heat fan since Wade was drafted. Wade has always stunk it up against Chicago in the regular season but I'm talking playoffs(besides the series where he was injured and got swept). He's a great playoff performer so I highly doubt he'll do it again. Great point though attacking fanhood.

So besides the past two times Chicago has faced Miami in the playoffs and the majority of regular season games he's done well? He was a better player then, so why would he suddenly turn it around now?
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #57
fubu05
Say Word?

Celts are just so savvy that they could pull out a series. We've seen flashes of their D be better than we've seen from anyone else in the leage. But it just might be too late for the Celts, they're starting to look slower. Last year people talked about the age, but I personally didn't see them look that bad, this year they actually look that bad sometimes. It all depends what Celts we see in the playoffs, but I just think its too little, too late for one of my favourite recent teams.

I see the Knicks as very dangerous though. I really think Melo + Lin will get it and they will click. I believe Melo will go back to scoring 25+ on better percentages, and Lin will become the 2nd option of this team. I see Amar'e as a 3rd option playing off Lin and Melo because he just doesn't have the same lift and speed he once had. I thought it was just rust, but we're halfway through the season and I'm still not seeing it, I hope I'm wrong cause dude was on of my fave PFs. While Amar'e may not be as good, this team makes up for it by being sooo deep. Baron coming back now, the addition of JR, Shump, Harrellson, Jeffries, Novak, all these guys off the bench I mean this is a really dangerous team. Defensively people underrate this team, Woodson + Chandler are slowly making them better game by game and with the offensive potential, a top 10 defense might be all they need to outgun opponents.

I think the Celtics are more of a stretch while the Knicks actually possess a real threat. Thursday night should show us just a little bit of how the Knicks match up with the Heat, because you know both these teams will not be caught off guard and getting up for this game.
fubu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #58
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

The reason Wade has struggled recently vs Chicago is that they've had good defenders on him, Bogans, Brewer and Hamilton have been able to contain Wade.

Bron is the guy who has killed us, not Wade.

I'll go a step further, if Wade misses the Bulls series with a injury, LBJ could STILL lead Miami to victory vs Chicago...OTH if LBJ misses the playoffs, Bulls knock out Miami in 5 MAYBE 6.

We need to slow LBJ down, maybe we can convince him it's the Finals so he can go MIA.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #59
icewill36
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
The reason Wade has struggled recently vs Chicago is that they've had good defenders on him, Bogans, Brewer and Hamilton have been able to contain Wade.

Bron is the guy who has killed us, not Wade.

I'll go a step further, if Wade misses the Bulls series with a injury, LBJ could STILL lead Miami to victory vs Chicago...OTH if LBJ misses the playoffs, Bulls knock out Miami in 5 MAYBE 6.

We need to slow LBJ down, maybe we can convince him it's the Finals so he can go MIA.

only thing MIA needs to do is keep the TOs down and they will beat the bulls by double digits every time.
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #60
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icewill36
only thing MIA needs to do is keep the TOs down and they will beat the bulls by double digits every time.
Same can be said for Chicago, our TOs turn into fastbreak points for Bron and Wade.

Look dude, I'm not getting into a retarded Bulls>Heat, Heat>Bulls debate, we'll see in the playoffs, I know the Heat SHOULD be favored because of how LBJ is playing, forget Wade, he'll prolly get injured somewhere along the line from here to May, dude has always been injury prone.

It's LBJ's time to finally put up or shut up, all th pressure is on him, no more hiding in crunch time...the Heat should have won last year, his balls shriveled up again, are you certain that won't happen again?

Last edited by TheMan : 02-22-2012 at 05:57 PM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: