Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Euroleague Basketball 2011-12: Top 16: Week 5 Game Thread

GROUP E:

CSKA vs. Olympiacos
Galatasaray vs. Efes

GROUP F:

Bilbao vs. Montepaschi Siena
Real Madrid vs. Malaga

GROUP G:

Fenerbahce vs. UNICS
Panathinaikos vs. Olimpia Milano

GROUP H:

Maccabi vs. Zalgiris
Cantu vs. Barcelona

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12: Top 16: Week 5 Game Thread

Live observations from this week's action.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

Great game in Moscow , CSKA is showing why are they best team at the moment .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Game of the year in Basque Country. Bilbao fans were amazing in this game.

Lopez went from the GOAT that could have cost Bilbao the playoff qualification, with one of the worst turnovers ever, to the hero, with a great buzzer beating game winner.

Huge game in Piraeus, between Olympiacos and Galatasaray next week.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
Great game in Moscow , CSKA is showing why are they best team at the moment .

They played really well, but I would not judge this as their current level. They got abnormally hot from 3 point range (that is unlikely to happen again), while Olympiacos was incredibly cold from 3 point range. That is a bad combo.

Also, the results this first game after the national Cup week, are always like this. Some teams that played in the Cups are tired (Siena), some teams that did not play in the Cups and only play in one other competition are rusty and out of their game (Bilbao, Olympiacos).

It's the same thing every year. CSKA is the best team at the moment, but that game was not indicative of their true level. Actually, after they got a big lead, Ivkovic basically tanked the game, and wasn't even playing his normal rotation, and he only ran the normal sets for like half of the game.

CSKA is the best team, as you say, at the moment, and probably will win the championship. But this game was not a normal result. I assure you they are not a +32 better than a team like Olympiacos.

And I can say right now, that at least Siena, as they are playing right now, is a threat to CSKA.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-22-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
They played really well, but I would not judge this as their current level. They got abnormally hot from 3 point range (that is unlikely to happen again), while Olympiacos was incredibly cold from 3 point range. That is a bad combo.

Also, the results this first game after the national Cup week, are always like this. Some teams that played in the Cups are tired (Siena), some teams that did not play in the Cups and only play in one other competition are rusty and out of their game (Bilbao, Olympiacos).

It's the same thing every year. CSKA is the best team at the moment, but that game was not indicative of their true level. Actually, after they got a big lead, Ivkovic basically tanked the game, and wasn't even playing his normal rotation, and he only ran the normal sets for like half of the game.

CSKA is the best team, as you say, at the moment, and probably will win the championship. But this game was not a normal result. I assure you they are not a +32 better than a team like Olympiacos.

And I can say right now, that at least Siena, as they are playing right now, is a threat to CSKA.
I know they wont shoot like this anymore ( when was the last time that a team in Euroleague had 10/10 ? ) . Everything can hapen in one game but if Siena plays against CSKA in top 8 than they cant win . I think Real has a good chance of beating CSKA in FF . I think that when CSKA plays at home they are 20+ better than Olympiacos . Tell me is Law playing better than Lucas did . I dont know why they got Law , is it because of money ?
Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
I know they wont shoot like this anymore ( when was the last time that a team in Euroleague had 10/10 ? ) . Everything can hapen in one game but if Siena plays against CSKA in top 8 than they cant win . I think Real has a good chance of beating CSKA in FF . I think that when CSKA plays at home they are 20+ better than Olympiacos . Tell me is Law playing better than Lucas did . I dont know why they got Law , is it because of money ?

No I don't think Law is better than Lucas, I think actually Lucas is better than him. Although Lucas isn't even playing well in Eurocup with Banvit. Lucas is a big disappointment, being someone that was such a big star in the NCAA in a power conference, in such a big program like Michigan State.

I agree with you. Law is terrible. He has been bad in Partizan and Olympiacos. Both Sloukas and Mantzaris are better than he is and he is just taking minutes away from them.

It's not money related. Lucas' salary in Olympiacos was €180,000 euros net income for the whole season. Law's salary in Olympiacos is €200,000 euros net for just half a season. So they are paying more than double the salary now. And they also in addition to that paid a buyout to Partizan to get him. Yes, I know it sounds hilarious that they actually paid a buyout to get him. Honestly, they should have just not signed anyone after they cut Lucas.

The funny thing is that there have been some articles already saying that Law wants a contract extension for next year at €400,000 euros net income for the season. The guy must be out of his mind. They could find any number of Greek players that could do a better job for 1/4 of that.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:48 AM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Awful game (7-8 in the 1st quarter!), but we won and are almost qualified for the next round.
We'll be destroyed by CSKA, but it's a great success for us.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #9
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Ivkovic said that he felt sorry for his team when they lost to CSKA because they didnt have a chance .
Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ivkovic said that he felt sorry for his team when they lost to CSKA because they didnt have a chance .
I'll be happy if they beat us by less than 20.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
I think Real has a good chance of not qualifying for the FF
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
No I don't think Law is better than Lucas, I think actually Lucas is better than him. Although Lucas isn't even playing well in Eurocup with Banvit. Lucas is a big disappointment, being someone that was such a big star in the NCAA in a power conference, in such a big program like Michigan State.

I agree with you. Law is terrible. He has been bad in Partizan and Olympiacos. Both Sloukas and Mantzaris are better than he is and he is just taking minutes away from them.

It's not money related. Lucas' salary in Olympiacos was €180,000 euros net income for the whole season. Law's salary in Olympiacos is €200,000 euros net for just half a season. So they are paying more than double the salary now. And they also in addition to that paid a buyout to Partizan to get him. Yes, I know it sounds hilarious that they actually paid a buyout to get him. Honestly, they should have just not signed anyone after they cut Lucas.

The funny thing is that there have been some articles already saying that Law wants a contract extension for next year at €400,000 euros net income for the season. The guy must be out of his mind. They could find any number of Greek players that could do a better job for 1/4 of that.
I think that Law wants to be the star player . He wasnt able to do that in Nba so he went to Europe thinking that its much worse than Nba and he must became star there . He came to Partizan to play for 500 000 ( I read that somewhere , not sure is it true ) , when Partizan didnt advance to top 16 ( fans blame him for that ) he asked to go to USA for New year . Than he said he wont came back to Partizan and signed with Olympiacos thinking he would become star there but he still isnt good and I dont think he will play in Euroleague team next season . His bigest problem is that the club he plays in should be happy he is playing for them but in reality he should be happy that there is a club that will sign him .
Old 02-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I think Real has a good chance of not qualifying for the FF
true , but I hope they do ( nothing against Bilbao but they dont have player that plays for Serbian Nt and thats how I pick what team to support if Partizan isnt playing ). Real is great 3 point shooting team and I think that only team like that can beat CSKA .
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #14
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Looking forward to Maccabi - Zalgiris, Barça - Cantu as well.

Live observations from today's games.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #15
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
true , but I hope they do ( nothing against Bilbao but they dont have player that plays for Serbian Nt and thats how I pick what team to support if Partizan isnt playing ). Real is great 3 point shooting team and I think that only team like that can beat CSKA .

For me, Siena is best match against CSKA. I like a really physical hard defense team against them. CSKA's weakness is that they are a team that likes to bully people, but their players are not that tough.

Kirilenko, Teodosic, Siska, Khryapa, Lavrinovic, etc. It's a bunch of guys that like to play tough, but that would actually struggle against a real tough team like Siena. Against Siena it would be a grind out, and the only advantage CSKA would have is their length.

I could see Siena getting them in the Final Four, although CSKA would be the favorite.

And I would not write off Panathinaikos. If you get Panathinaikos in a Final Four you are in trouble. They just always find some way (luck, refs, Obradovic surprise game plans, unsung hero stepping up, etc.). And they pretty much own CSKA in Final Four.

CSKA is better, but it's like Giants-Patriots to use an American football analogy. There is something psychological there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: