Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #16
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Euroleague Basketball 2011-12: Top 16: Week 5 Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
I think that Law wants to be the star player . He wasnt able to do that in Nba so he went to Europe thinking that its much worse than Nba and he must became star there . He came to Partizan to play for 500 000 ( I read that somewhere , not sure is it true ) , when Partizan didnt advance to top 16 ( fans blame him for that ) he asked to go to USA for New year . Than he said he wont came back to Partizan and signed with Olympiacos thinking he would become star there but he still isnt good and I dont think he will play in Euroleague team next season . His bigest problem is that the club he plays in should be happy he is playing for them but in reality he should be happy that there is a club that will sign him .

Well, it's Olympiacos after all.

€1.25 million euros net for a half season to Jannero Pargo (not Jeremy).

€9.4 million euros net for 2 years to Josh Childress.

Gave Von Wafer a €3.5 million euros net deal for 2 years, after he had been kicked off like 3 NBA teams for bad behavior, while their coach was Giannakis........

Gave an old washed up Vujacic €2.5 million euros net for 2 years.

Gave Macijauskas €9 freaking million euros net guaranteed when he could barely even walk.

€10 million euros net for 3 years to Papaloukas, after he was already past his prime.......

It's unusual for Partizan to give someone like Law $500,000 net, but it's just typical of the idiots that run Olympiacos.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-23-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #17
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Fiba basketball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
It's unusual for Partizan to give someone like Law $500,000 net, but it's just typical of the idiots that run Olympiacos.
It s unusual for Partizan to give anyone that much money , I just wish they kept the team from two years ago . For that much money they could have kept Maric ( why isnt he playing in Phanatinaikos ) or McCalleb .
Fiba basketball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #18
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
It s unusual for Partizan to give anyone that much money , I just wish they kept the team from two years ago . For that much money they could have kept Maric ( why isnt he playing in Phanatinaikos ) or McCalleb .

Maric is a great offensive player and rebounder, but his defense is horrific. So he does not play. It does not mean he isn't good. Prime Javtokas was a beast and he did not play hardly in Panathinaikos either. Whenever you have Batiste there it is hard to get minutes. Hell Pekovic would get like 16-18 minutes a lot of the time.

Batiste is just so good that other guys have a hard time getting playing time. And combine that Vougioukas who has been demolishing every team in the low post (better than Pekovic or Sofo have played in the low post) and well, not much playing time.

Maric is good though. He should go to another team and play a lot more.

As far as McCalebb goes, he makes €1.1 million euros net per season in Siena, so he was out of Partizan's price range.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #19
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Devin Smith's block on Javtokas during the Maccabi Zalgiris match was one of the highlights of the season................
Old 02-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #20
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Maric is a great offensive player and rebounder, but his defense is horrific. So he does not play. It does not mean he isn't good. Prime Javtokas was a beast and he did not play hardly in Panathinaikos either. Whenever you have Batiste there it is hard to get minutes. Hell Pekovic would get like 16-18 minutes a lot of the time.

Batiste is just so good that other guys have a hard time getting playing time. And combine that Vougioukas who has been demolishing every team in the low post (better than Pekovic or Sofo have played in the low post) and well, not much playing time.

Maric is good though. He should go to another team and play a lot more.

As far as McCalebb goes, he makes 1.1 million euros net per season in Siena, so he was out of Partizan's price range.
Vougioukas isnt that good . Pekovic is better than Batiste ( on offense ) and so is Maric .
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #21
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Vougioukas isnt that good . Pekovic is better than Batiste ( on offense ) and so is Maric .

Vougioukas, once again isn't that good overall. But he's incredible in the low post. You must not be watching any PAO games to keep disputing this. It is either a basket or a foul down there.

Pekovic isn't better than Batiste on offense. You are exaggerating. Pekovic is better than Batiste in the low post.

Batiste has a long range jumper, better mid range game, better face up game, he's an equal finisher, and he's significantly better on the pick and roll.

No, honestly, I say this with true sincerity, no way in hell is Pekovic better than Batiste on offense. Maric? No.

I am starting to think that you only watch Partizan and CSKA games.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #22
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Vougioukas, once again isn't that good overall. But he's incredible in the low post. You must not be watching any PAO games to keep disputing this. It is either a basket or a foul down there.

Pekovic isn't better than Batiste on offense. You are exaggerating. Pekovic is better than Batiste in the low post.

Batiste has a long range jumper, better mid range game, better face up game, he's an equal finisher, and he's significantly better on the pick and roll.

No, honestly, I say this with true sincerity, no way in hell is Pekovic better than Batiste on offense. Maric? No.

I am starting to think that you only watch Partizan and CSKA games.
I didnt said Vougioukas isnt good in low post , I said he isnt better than Pekovic and Sofo in the low post . Batiste knows more ways to score but Pekovic and Maric can score more points . Yes I watched PAO and I think Oly is better than them this year .
Old 02-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #23
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
I didnt said Vougioukas isnt good in low post , I said he isnt better than Pekovic and Sofo in the low post . Batiste knows more ways to score but Pekovic and Maric can score more points . Yes I watched PAO and I think Oly is better than them this year .

Maric and Pekovic are not better scorers than Batiste. Batiste would have been getting 18 a game in Partizan too.

Be objective. Maric and Pekovic did not ever score anywhere near the amount of points in PAO that they did with Partizan. It's a A LOT easier to score points on a team with 4-5 good players than on one with 12-14 good players.

Pekovic an Maric were secondary options to Batiste in PAO. It's not like Obradovic was trying to lose on purpose.

Personally, yes, Vougioukas is indeed better than Sofo and Pekovic in the low post. I think he's stronger than either of them, he has better post moves than either of them, and he plays even more physical than either of them.

Every game this year in Euroleague, teams have ALL ended up simply employing hack a Ian. That's all they can do. They just simply start fouling him every time he touches the ball because they can't stop him in the low post.

Vougioukas can't do much other than low post scoring, grabbing rebounds in his area, and blocking shots in the paint. Other than that he's pretty useless and he can only be used in a slow down half court set.

But, the guy is BEAST in the low post. I've seen EVERY single game of Pekovic in Panathinaikos, and he isn't as good in the low post as Vougioukas is.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #24
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
Maric and Pekovic are not better scorers than Batiste. Batiste would have been getting 18 a game in Partizan too.

Be objective. Maric and Pekovic did not ever score anywhere near the amount of points in PAO that they did with Partizan. It's a A LOT easier to score points on a team with 4-5 good players than on one with 12-14 good players.

Pekovic an Maric were secondary options to Batiste in PAO. It's not like Obradovic was trying to lose on purpose.

Personally, yes, Vougioukas is indeed better than Sofo and Pekovic in the low post. I think he's stronger than either of them, he has better post moves than either of them, and he plays even more physical than either of them.

Every game this year in Euroleague, teams have ALL ended up simply employing hack a Ian. That's all they can do. They just simply start fouling him every time he touches the ball because they can't stop him in the low post.

Vougioukas can't do much other than low post scoring, grabbing rebounds in his area, and blocking shots in the paint. Other than that he's pretty useless and he can only be used in a slow down half court set.

But, the guy is BEAST in the low post. I've seen EVERY single game of Pekovic in Panathinaikos, and he isn't as good in the low post as Vougioukas is.
I watched 5 or 6 PAO games this season and I never seen Vougioukas play like you describe him . I will watch him carfuly in Greek cup to see if you are right but I dont belive you are . Partizan played in F4 when Maric played so you cant say he played in a bad team . Why were Pekovic and Maric in all euroleague team in the last years and Batiste wasnt .
Old 02-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #25
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
I watched 5 or 6 PAO games this season and I never seen Vougioukas play like you describe him . I will watch him carfuly in Greek cup to see if you are right but I dont belive you are . Partizan played in F4 when Maric played so you cant say he played in a bad team . Why were Pekovic and Maric in all euroleague team in the last years and Batiste wasnt .

I'm pretty sure Batiste was All-Euroleague First Team center last year.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Batiste was All-Euroleague First Team center last year.
yes but Pekovic didnt play in Euroleague last year .
Old 02-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
yes but Pekovic didnt play in Euroleague last year .

What is your point? Pekovic played for years in Euroleague and I think he was only first team center one time.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
What is your point? Pekovic played for years in Euroleague and I think he was only first team center one time.
That Pekovic is better offensive player than Batiste . Pekovic was two times ( not sure if more ) in all Euroleague team , with Partizan ( in second team I think ) and PAO ( first team ) .
Old 02-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #29
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
That Pekovic is better offensive player than Batiste . Pekovic was two times ( not sure if more ) in all Euroleague team , with Partizan ( in second team I think ) and PAO ( first team ) .

He's not a better offensive player than Batiste. Which is why he was the second center in PAO.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #30
Fiba basketball
I feel devotion

Quote:
He's not a better offensive player than Batiste. Which is why he was the second center in PAO.
In 2009 Pekovic was in Euroleague first team and he played for PAO . Why wasnt Batiste there if he is better than Pekovic ?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: