Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Default Does Gerald Green deserves a 2nd look

Don't know if any you guys been following the D-League but, Gerald Green and Zach Andrew is really looking good.

(SG)
Yes, I know most would say it's the D-League Dude so, here's my point for bring up this subject. Gerald Green last two game dude putting up over 30 points in comparsion to Kapono who not producing for us at all. Plus, what I like about Green is the fight and determination to one day make a NBA team and we all know dude does have talent.

(F)
Next is Zach Andrew dude is producing nicely in the D-league and I like his Athleticism and can hint the outside shoots plus goes VERY strong to the hole. I would rather have these guys coming off the bench instead of Kapono and McRobert.

Somebody is going to pick up Zach Andrew believe that.........Hope Mitch is keeping his eye on these guys.

Please let me know what you think guys and gals
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Does Gerald Green deserves a 2nd look

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Don't know if any you guys been following the D-League but, Gerald Green and Zach Andrew is really looking good.

(SG)
Yes, I know most would say it's the D-League Dude so, here's my point for bring up this subject. Gerald Green last two game dude putting up over 30 points in comparsion to Kapono who not producing for us at all. Plus, what I like about Green is the fight and determination to one day make a NBA team and we all know dude does have talent.

(F)
Next is Zach Andrew dude is producing nicely in the D-league and I like his Athleticism and can hint the outside shoots plus goes VERY strong to the hole. I would rather have these guys coming off the bench instead of Kapono and McRobert.

Somebody is going to pick up Zach Andrew believe that.........Hope Mitch is keeping his eye on these guys.

Please let me know what you think guys and gals

I haven't been following the D League at all, thank you for the update
The guys sound promising.....but as you say, it's the D-League which is full of fools gold. I'm all for giving guys a shot if what we have isn't working....we can always send them back down. We are approaching the point where we can release Kapono &/Or McRoberts to free up spots.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

If the lakers look at him again, it will probably be their 6th or 7th time.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If the lakers look at him again, it will probably be their 6th or 7th time.

The bigger question is WHO would be looking at him....a horse trainer???
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
The bigger question is WHO would be looking at him....a horse trainer???

Why even ask that question? The lakers have more than enough scouts in different areas of the world looking at all sorts of players.

Gerald Green was a player that lakers looked at a lot, and instead of drafting him, we drafted Andrew Bynum. Great choice. Gerald has never appealed to anyone after he was drafted. He went to the celts i think, and then the mavs. What can he provide in this system if he doesn't have a high IQ?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Why even ask that question? The lakers have more than enough scouts in different areas of the world looking at all sorts of players.

Gerald Green was a player that lakers looked at a lot, and instead of drafting him, we drafted Andrew Bynum. Great choice. Gerald has never appealed to anyone after he was drafted. He went to the celts i think, and then the mavs. What can he provide in this system if he doesn't have a high IQ?

You with the Lakers scouting again They aren't scouting crap.
This is well known.......why don't you know this by now????

What does Bynum have to do with Green now.....what's the point???
IQ.....oh like Luke Walton?????
Doesn't take a genius to put the ball in the hole......our few plays are something a 5th grader could figure out.

He has had appeal, but those teams had better players ahead of him....it doesn't mean he can't play. We can't afford to be so snobby like we are all that
Old 02-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

The points that I was making is these D-league guy's are much better then most on our bench. Scout needs to be looking to help improve the worst bench in the league.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Two of my friends went to see a D-League game a few weeks back and said Gerald Green destroyed everybody on the court. It wasn't even competition for him. Apparently he was by far the best athlete on the court. I think he deserves a look, if not by the Lakers by some team. It does seem like Green is kind of what LA is looking for though. A young guy that can get up and down the court and bring some energy to the team. If that kid had his head on straight finally he might be able to contribute to a team more than representing them in the dunk contest
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:

If there's one thing that's been consistent with the Lakers it's that their scouting isn't very good, and now that Phil is gone it's apparently even worse. One thing that put the Lakers in this position has been their scouting. They always look to spend money on the big time players but never draft well to put some youth around those guys. We've been through Farmar, Sasha, Ebanks, Caracter, etc, etc. If the Lakers could have drafted one good PG in the past 4 years they'd be in decent shape. This article does a pretty good job explaining the current situation in the Lakers front office: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...g-front-office
As you can see, nobody even knows who's in charge for scouting right now.....
Old 02-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #10
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

I have seen Green kill d-leagues...but he never could land a consistent job. Is it his bball IQ? His defense? In the d league, you can get by with amazing athletic ability. But in the NBA, you need need more than that.

For this Lakers team, there likely will be no FA signings until after the deadline, but wouldnt be opposed to at least consider after that.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #11
BØBØ
Local High School Star

Well if he does deserve a second look they don't have to walk far or walk at all. They just have to look out the office windows. Defenders play their home games in the Lakers practice facility. Lakers front office has seen more than enough of Gerald Green lately
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Well if he does deserve a second look they don't have to walk far or walk at all. They just have to look out the office windows. Defenders play their home games in the Lakers practice facility. Lakers front office has seen more than enough of Gerald Green lately

That's my point.....if you know WHO is now sitting in those offices then you know there is no capable scout in there......Jimmy and his buddy can evaluate Thoroughbred race horses, not basketball players.
Don't forget that our knuckle headed FO took Crittendon over Aaron Brooks......I was furious over that move........wow how life would be different for the team if they had Brooks......and had they drafted Brooks then maybe they would've gone ahead and sent Sun Yue to Memphis in the Gasol deal.
Food for thought.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #13
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
If there's one thing that's been consistent with the Lakers it's that their scouting isn't very good, and now that Phil is gone it's apparently even worse. One thing that put the Lakers in this position has been their scouting. They always look to spend money on the big time players but never draft well to put some youth around those guys. We've been through Farmar, Sasha, Ebanks, Caracter, etc, etc. If the Lakers could have drafted one good PG in the past 4 years they'd be in decent shape. This article does a pretty good job explaining the current situation in the Lakers front office: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...g-front-office
As you can see, nobody even knows who's in charge for scouting right now.....

For some reason our friend Lakerfreak is unable or unwilling to read that article or listen to me as I have been telling him for a long time that our scouting was a complete joke. Even Jimmy Buss says scouting is a joke........please wake our friend up he is
Old 02-25-2012, 08:38 AM   #14
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
For some reason our friend Lakerfreak is unable or unwilling to read that article or listen to me as I have been telling him for a long time that our scouting was a complete joke. Even Jimmy Buss says scouting is a joke........please wake our friend up he is

Old 02-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

He did make the D-league all-star game too.... it doesn't mean a ton but just pointing out the guy is dominating that league:

http://www.nba.com/dleague/allstar2012/index.html
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: