Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-28-2012, 02:34 AM   #31
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Does Gerald Green deserves a 2nd look

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not really, Jim was actually adamant about drafting Bynum. Mitch wanted Sean May (where the hell is that guy anyways?) and Phil wanted Granger. Granger wouldn't have been a bad pick, I'll agree with you on that. Over Bynum though? No. Give the lakers, Jim specifically, some credit. They knew they were drafting Bynum for his potential. Nobody wastes a lottery pick not knowing what to do.

Darko was well known by everyone, because the amazing thing about him was he was dominating a professional basketball league in europe, at age 17!! Whats not to love about that? Everyone knew Carmelo would be a stud.

Luckily for the pistons, they were already a very good team at the time they drafted Darko. Didn't really need him to be anything honestly.

Granger has BY FAR had a better career than Bynum take a look at the numbers. Bynum was a factor in only 1 title. IMO we beat Boston easily in 08 if we have Granger.....obviously we then beat Orlando and who knows if we then 3 peat. Granger's career average is much higher than Bynum's best season. Bynum is clearly on the rise and If we keep him I hope he stays healthy and is a major force. If anyone wants a piece of an argument on this please post Bynum and Granger's numbers.

Oh....and Darko would've been a good pick at #3.......but at 2 you had to take Melo.....failing to do this destroyed the Pistons future.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #32
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Oh....and Darko would've been a good pick at #3.......but at 2 you had to take Melo.....failing to do this destroyed the Pistons future.

I love watching Melo play and he is one of the games top scorers, but I'm not sure if his career would've been the same if the Pistons drafted him. They were really focused on team ball (like moving off the ball, picks, etc). Melo is a one on one kind of guy that needs the ball in his hands. The Pistons had a pretty good future too..... they made it to another finals and went to the ECF forever. They ended up with Stuckey out of the deal and he's been really good too. Obviously, no Melo but he's very under rated.... mostly because he's in Detroit. That seems to happen to players there. They kind of fly under the radar until they go somewhere else and are successful too. Melo would've probably demanded a trade out of Detroit to NY and then the Pistons would've been stuck in mediocrity, which is the worst place to be at in the NBA. I'd much rather be really bad or really good. If they land a top 3 pick this year, they'll be back in the mix in the East. It'll take a couple tweaks (like getting rid of Charlie & BG's contracts) but they'll finally be able to compete again. The good thing with being really bad is getting good young players that will be around for a while
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #33
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I love watching Melo play and he is one of the games top scorers, but I'm not sure if his career would've been the same if the Pistons drafted him. They were really focused on team ball (like moving off the ball, picks, etc). Melo is a one on one kind of guy that needs the ball in his hands. The Pistons had a pretty good future too..... they made it to another finals and went to the ECF forever. They ended up with Stuckey out of the deal and he's been really good too. Obviously, no Melo but he's very under rated.... mostly because he's in Detroit. That seems to happen to players there. They kind of fly under the radar until they go somewhere else and are successful too. Melo would've probably demanded a trade out of Detroit to NY and then the Pistons would've been stuck in mediocrity, which is the worst place to be at in the NBA. I'd much rather be really bad or really good. If they land a top 3 pick this year, they'll be back in the mix in the East. It'll take a couple tweaks (like getting rid of Charlie & BG's contracts) but they'll finally be able to compete again. The good thing with being really bad is getting good young players that will be around for a while

I think that going to the Pistons at that time would've been the best thing that could've happened to him. To have a veteran led team like that to grow under.... no question he'd be a better team player today.
Although they won the title.....that was one of those franchise changing decisions IMO. Imagine if Len Bias hadn't OD'd....He was to be the future of the Celtics team. If Kobe stayed in Charlotte the Hornets would probably still be there. If Portland doesn't take the Big guy in the draft (Twice ) and instead took Jordan....then Durant. Amazing how 1 small move can completely change fate.
Let's just hope that Stern's move to FK us doesn't ring to this tune.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #34
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think everyone was like wtf when Melo was passed at #2, but the Pistons did have a great nucleus of players. They have a great starting 5 core, and I guess they felt it was worth the gamble to hope Darko turned into something special. Don't agree with the draft, but I see where they were going with this. They really believed in Tayshaun at the 3 for that squad. And in the end, they got a title in 04 so its really hard to say they did anything wrong. Prince was a vital piece of that run, maybe Melo hinders his development?
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #35
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Granger has BY FAR had a better career than Bynum take a look at the numbers. Bynum was a factor in only 1 title. IMO we beat Boston easily in 08 if we have Granger.....obviously we then beat Orlando and who knows if we then 3 peat. Granger's career average is much higher than Bynum's best season. Bynum is clearly on the rise and If we keep him I hope he stays healthy and is a major force. If anyone wants a piece of an argument on this please post Bynum and Granger's numbers.

Granger was put in as a starter immediately and was given good opportunities. Bynum was sheltered and not given very many chances until his third year. So that is why I don't judge by careers, but rather the impact being made right now. Right now, I say Bynum > Granger.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #36
DKLaker

Quote:
Granger was put in as a starter immediately and was given good opportunities. Bynum was sheltered and not given very many chances until his third year. So that is why I don't judge by careers, but rather the impact being made right now. Right now, I say Bynum > Granger.

I get what you're saying, but the conversation was about the DRAFT.
If you like Bynum over Granger right now.....THIS YEAR, it doesn't make Bynum the better draft pick to this date of the two. If both retired right now today, Granger would've had the much better career. What happens from here on out is just hopes and dreams.....but nobody knows.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #37
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but the conversation was about the DRAFT.
If you like Bynum over Granger right now.....THIS YEAR, it doesn't make Bynum the better draft pick to this date of the two. If both retired right now today, Granger would've had the much better career. What happens from here on out is just hopes and dreams.....but nobody knows.

I mean, i guess we're both judging too early. Granger thus far into the career is winning over Bynum statistically, that is a fact.

We still have yet to see if Bynum will remain healthy through most of what is left of his career (which is still a very long time). If Bynum stays relatively healthy as opposed to his first 3 years in the league, I would predict that his numbers improve, and will have been the better pick. Bynum is the second best center of the NBA right now and is better offensively than any center, Granger is not the best small forward, Lebron, Carmelo, Durant, are just a few who are ahead of him right now, and will probably continue to be.

Bottom line, right now I dont think you would trade Bynum for Granger, given that Bynum has been healthy so far (aside from the minor knee issue as of late).
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
DKLaker

Quote:
I mean, i guess we're both judging too early. Granger thus far into the career is winning over Bynum statistically, that is a fact.

We still have yet to see if Bynum will remain healthy through most of what is left of his career (which is still a very long time). If Bynum stays relatively healthy as opposed to his first 3 years in the league, I would predict that his numbers improve, and will have been the better pick. Bynum is the second best center of the NBA right now and is better offensively than any center, Granger is not the best small forward, Lebron, Carmelo, Durant, are just a few who are ahead of him right now, and will probably continue to be.

Bottom line, right now I dont think you would trade Bynum for Granger, given that Bynum has been healthy so far (aside from the minor knee issue as of late).

LMAO.......are you really trying to compare the quality of players at the SF position to the Center position
Come on bro.......you are much, much smarter than that
I still like Granger until Bynum really shows me more for a longer period of time......and most importantly....HEALTH!!!! That being said....sure, it's debatable right now between the two.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #39
DKLaker

In case you guys missed it, Gerald Green went 10 for 15 for 26 points last night against Houston and threw down a vicious windmill dunk. 4 for 8 from 3pt range!!!
He only played 23 minutes.......oh but the Lakers couldn't use him Idiots!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt1kbkOARpQ

Even Holland can appreciate that windmill!!!

Last edited by DKLaker : 03-11-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #40
DKLaker

Greensanity.........aka........Lakers blow it again!!!!!!!

Tonight; Nets Vs. Toronto

G. Green, SG 25 9-13 7-9 2 2 3 26points!!!!!

For those who said he can't play and we shouldn't give him a shot
Brilliant.....just brilliant

2 games in a week with 26 points in less than 26 minutes off the bench....oh, but we couldn't use him since our bench is so great...right

If have a guy, killing it inside your own freaking gym and you can't figure it out, how the Fk can you scout ANYONE!!!!! Fking idiot Buss and his horseracing buddy

What say you now all you doubters?????? Lakerfreak.....buddy?????

Last edited by DKLaker : 03-15-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:50 PM   #41
DKLaker

Quote:
Why even ask that question? The lakers have more than enough scouts in different areas of the world looking at all sorts of players.

Gerald Green was a player that lakers looked at a lot, and instead of drafting him, we drafted Andrew Bynum. Great choice. Gerald has never appealed to anyone after he was drafted. He went to the celts i think, and then the mavs. What can he provide in this system if he doesn't have a high IQ?

Lakerfreak my naive, trusting friend who thinks our FO and scouts are so smart........what say you now??????
I am just dying to hear your latest round of excuses.......dude could make the All-Star team the next 5 years straight and I think you'd still make excuses for the Owner and the Horseracing dude

As I said......sometimes you need to just listen.....you may learn a few things,
even at my age I can listen to reason.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #42
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
The points that I was making is these D-league guy's are much better then most on our bench. Scout needs to be looking to help improve the worst bench in the league.

You were all over this one!!!!!!!!! dd24, ihatetimthomas and I were on board to give him a shot. I listened to you and it made complete sense to bring him up to our weak bench. Giving you all the credit on this great call bro
Old 03-15-2012, 12:30 AM   #43
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Greensanity.........aka........Lakers blow it again!!!!!!!

Tonight Nets Vs. Toronto

G. Green, SG 25 9-13 7-9 2 2 3 26points!!!!!

For those who said he can't play and we shouldn't give him a shot
Brilliant.....just brilliant

2 games in a week with 26 points in less than 26 minutes off the bench....oh, but we couldn't use him since our bench is so great...right

If have a guy, killing it inside your own freaking gym and you can't figure it out, how the Fk can you scout ANYONE!!!!! Fking idiot Buss and his horseracing buddy

Wow, maybe this kid finally has his act together. This is better than even I thought he would do. He obviously had talent. He was the best player in the D-league. Shouldn't the best player in the D-league get a chance? It just kinda makes sense to me. Being the best player in the D-League is more difficult than being the best player in college and yet the best player in college gets more attention and more opportunity.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #44
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Wow, maybe this kid finally has his act together. This is better than even I thought he would do. He obviously had talent. He was the best player in the D-league. Shouldn't the best player in the D-league get a chance? It just kinda makes sense to me. Being the best player in the D-League is more difficult than being the best player in college and yet the best player in college gets more attention and more opportunity.

Wow.....never really thought about the comparison between college and the D-league before but you make a really good point
Of course the best player in the D-League deserves a shot.....if not, why even have a D-League!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 PM   #45
DKLaker

Gerald Green tonight vs. Orlando 6 for 9, 14 points in 25 minutes Leading Scorer again. What say you guys???? Blew it or not???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: