Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Knicks vs Heat - Speak on it while you watch

Baron Davis is getting nowhere near the pressure Lin is, but he's cacking layups and hoisting threes from 4 feet behind the line. Ugly game.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

Knicks have no defense. Knicks can't even jump, yes i said jump, for a rebound. This is really horrible basketball.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
Baron Davis is getting nowhere near the pressure Lin is, but he's cacking layups and hoisting threes from 4 feet behind the line. Ugly game.
I agree. Right now all pg's are ineffective.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #19
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Baron Davis is still seeing his first live game action in a long time. I'll give him a pass for being a bit rusty.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Going into the game the best team in the league decided to take him out the game so it was up to the other players to make it something happen.

I said this earlier today.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #21
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey

We don't have any plays to run that don't involve the PG. This is why D'Antoni is a failure. No adjustments.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #22
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
That Lin drive at the 2:15 mark is an example of what I'm talking about with the spacxing of Amar'e and Tyson. Amar'e cut to the rack but because Tyson was creeping into the lane Tyson's defender was in a position to discourage the pass to Amar'e.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #23
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Lin is completely unable to run the pick and roll with Amar'e. He can do it with Chandler, he can do it with Jeffries, but Amar'e just cannot get the ball from him. It's really baffling.

I feel like going to a Knicks game and telling him.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #24
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Going into the game the best team in the league decided to take him out the game so it was up to the other players to make it something happen.

He's the floor general. If he can't keep the continuity of the gameflowing and commits and enables so many turnovers then he is to blame. How many assists did lin get tonight?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
Da KO King

Quote:

I'll never agree to that. Offensively the PG is the guy who organizes the team. I dn't care how focused on Lin the Heat were, Lin failed to do what a PG is supposed to do. Lin's failure to handle the defensive pressure or keep the team cohesive put the team at a MAJOR disadvantage.

When even moderate pressure is turning your PG in the backcourt you are looking at a game that is going to be a problem for your club.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #26
Da KO King

Quote:
Lin is completely unable to run the pick and roll with Amar'e. He can do it with Chandler, he can do it with Jeffries, but Amar'e just cannot get the ball from him. It's really baffling.

I feel like going to a Knicks game and telling him.
Did you see a Lin/Stoudemire pick and roll? I really don't recall one.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #27
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:

i dont know i didnt see the heat do anything crazy on defense to take him out, what i saw was one on one pressure defense for the most part either by chalmers or cole. he really didnt look comfortable at all turning the ball over unforced and coming up way short on shots. hope it was just nerves because he just flat out stunk
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #28
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

and just as i expected after it was hinted that they pulled out the tricks, spoelstra let it be known that nothing out of the ordinary was done to stop lin. wade pretty much reiterated that after the game
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #29
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lin played scared all night. He wasn't being doubled. Chalmers was guarding him one on one. He's supposed to eat him alive.

I also agree with Da KO King about the spacing. Tyson Chandler is causing a traffic jam. He was actually the cause of alot of Miamii's blocked shots. He needs to take his man away from the hoop. He's allowing his man to help too easily.

Im extremly disappointed we froze Amare out of the offense after he kept us in the game in the 1st half. Thats on D'Antoni.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #30
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Did you see a Lin/Stoudemire pick and roll? I really don't recall one.
They ran one early in the second half. It worked perfectly, Amar'e was open and the passing lane was wide, but Lin went into the paint himself and drew a foul. You're right though, they don't look for it as much as they should.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: