Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #61
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Knicks vs Heat - Speak on it while you watch

Even with Lin playing like crap, it was still a close game at the half. That's encouraging.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #62
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Miami has been doing this to pg's for a good portion of the season.

You guys are overreacting big time.
While that may or may not be true what I'm talking about is a skill-set thing. Lin was being forced into a protect dribble to bring the ball up court when faced with just one defender. That's a terrible sign coming from a NBA PG.

NBA PG's LOVE to get put in that situation. It gives them a chance to show off the handle a bit within a real game situation within having their coach sit 'em.

It's part of the reason that most people believe that you can not run a consistant full court press in the NBA. NBA PG's handle the ball so well that one defender is not supposed to be enough to slow them when bringing the ball up the floor.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:23 PM   #63
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he's not an elite player? did we miss him dropping 28/14 against the Mavs' defense?

Lin is a superstar against 27/30 NBA teams. He needs to adjust to ballhawking defenses like Miami and OKC. As long as he doesn't turn the ball over and puts up decent numbers against those teams, we can still win. Hell, he was bloody fcking horrible in the first half and we still had a lead, with him having 6 careless turnovers. Just think if he cuts that in half.

This game is important though because it will force us to break from this heavy point guard pnr gimmick. There needs to be a balance between iso and pnr or else Melo is uncomfortable and underutilized in the offense.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #64
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
While that may or may not be true what I'm talking about is a skill-set thing. Lin was being forced into a protect dribble to bring the ball up court when faced with just one defender. That's a terrible sign coming from a NBA PG.

NBA PG's LOVE to get put in that situation. It gives them a chance to show off the handle a bit within a real game situation within having their coach sit 'em.

It's part of the reason that most people believe that you can not run a consistant full court press in the NBA. NBA PG's handle the ball so well that one defender is not supposed to be enough to slow them when bringing the ball up the floor.
I agree with your post 100%, except it does not apply to Lin.

He's a student to the pg position, and I will guarantee what happened to him against the Heat will NOT happen again.

He looked scared from the beginning tip, even before the traps could be set.

There was way too much hype on the game, and the matchups, but I can't fault Lin for that at all.

He didn't know, no one tried to settle him down, but as I contend, the game was not all about him.

I give Miami all the props in the world for being fully prepared.

Hopefully our entire team can learn from that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #65
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I call bullshit with the "It's D'antoni's fault" argument. I can't stand him as much as the next man. But c'mon. Miami wasn't doubling Lin. They weren't hedging hard. They weren't trapping. They put Chalmers on him. Chalmers got in his jock and he didn't respond appropriately. Period. You weren't making these excuses for the 2 superstars who have been playing on a high level for their entire careers so don't start with the 2 week wonder. Give credit where it's due and lay blame the same. don't be a hypocrite.

Quote:
he's not an elite player? did we miss him dropping 28/14 against the Mavs' defense?

No. He's not. He's a kid who's had an amazing 2 weeks. A kid with promise and question marks.

Against the Mavericks, he was against Kidd, who's older than the house I grew up in. Same with Fisher and the Lakers game.

Sorry. Usually I say "agree to disagree" n let stuff go by now but I'm irked by the hypocrisy.

Lin is having a story book month. That said, he IS NOT an elite player. N No, it wasn't just one game. He got lit up and embarassed by Deron Williams too.

A month of great play doesn't make you an elite player. Especially when most of the teams you played were below .500
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #66
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I totally agree with franchize.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: