Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #76
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,237
TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

This overall population argument is crap, Uruguay only has about 3,250,000 people yet they almost made the World Cup Final over countries that dwarf them population wise.

Get outta here with that shit argument.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #77
Jon_Koncak
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 535
Jon_Koncak is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

I like how he conveniently forgot to add Russia in top europeans teams cause they have huge population.Besides even if we consider talent per capita Usa is ahead of anyone else.
Jon_Koncak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #78
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Let's face the facts kids.....we are much larger than any balling country we faced in teh Olympics. I guarantee Spain would be putting out more high-level competition if they were 7 times larger than they are now....that' just common sense.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #79
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,780
LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
Let's face the facts kids.....we are much larger than any balling country we faced in teh Olympics. I guarantee Spain would be putting out more high-level competition if they were 7 times larger than they are now....that' just common sense.


well im sure if american athletes cared about soccer we would have the best team in the world. we have a bigger population than most countries right?
we will be right up there with likes of the chinese soccer team and india's soccer team
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #80
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
well im sure if american athletes cared about soccer we would have the best team in the world. we have a bigger population than most countries right?
we will be right up there with likes of the chinese soccer team and india's soccer team


Spain plays basketball. It's a 2nd most popular sport in Spain, like basketball is in the United States.

They aren't some 3rd world country that doesn't know what a basketball looks like....
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #81
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year
 
04mzwach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,323
04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
Actually, it's a COMMON SENSE statement. If the Unites States only had the population of Spain, the number of quality players would most definately DECREASE. Spain is at a huge disadvantage in the genetic pool category due to being 7 times smaller than the U.S., as many of the countries we faced weren't even the size of New York City....now imagine us only being able to use New York City players. "Mecca of basketball" or not, the NBA would suffer big time with the lack of quality players.

You got to be the biggest moron alive to think country size has no bearing. Which BALLING country is gonna produce the best players, 300 million or 5 million??
Yes. I agree. That is why China Basketball is dominating every league in the world.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #82
Jon_Koncak
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 535
Jon_Koncak is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
Let's face the facts kids.....we are much larger than any balling country we faced in teh Olympics. I guarantee Spain would be putting out more high-level competition if they were 7 times larger than they are now....that' just common sense.

Spain's population 46 millions
USA's African Americans 42 millions

considering that 21/22 of players who represented Usa in two last major tournaments and went undefeated were african americans your argument is bogus.USA produces much more talent per capita than Spain and it's not even close.
Jon_Koncak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #83
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
Spain's population 46 millions
USA's African Americans 42 millions

considering that 21/22 of players who represented Usa in two last major tournaments and went undefeated were african americans your argument is bogus.USA produces much more talent per capita than Spain and it's not even close.


Per capita is irrelevant. If Spain were 7 times bigger, they would be producing more high-level talent than they are right now....it's as simple as that.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #84
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Argentina is now in Europe?
Manu, Scola and Nocioni are Argentines and Argentina is in South America, it borders with Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia and Paraguay


They are Argentines of Italian descent. You have to be pretty stupid to not recognize some of the most common Italian names there.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #85
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this boardEuroleague is popular on this board
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
Spain's population 46 millions
USA's African Americans 42 millions

considering that 21/22 of players who represented Usa in two last major tournaments and went undefeated were african americans your argument is bogus.USA produces much more talent per capita than Spain and it's not even close.

The NBA is a racist organization. The discussion ends there.

You also counted several players that are half white and half black (they are not black) as "African American".

News flash, guys that are half white and half black, are NOT black.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #86
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,237
TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
They are Argentines of Italian descent. You have to be pretty stupid to not recognize some of the most common Italian names there.
So what, they weren't born in Italy, they were born in Argentina, numbnuts.

People of Italian ancestary make up almost half of Argentina's population, the majority being of Spanish ancestary (Spain is also in Europe, BTW)..I have no fukking idea what they being of Italian ancestary have to do with your argument.

It would be the same if their last names were Rubio, Gasol or Calderon (giving you Spanish names to make a point, after all, Argentina's majority is of Spanish background), if they are born in Argentina, they are Argentinians, not European

If you take a look at the Argentine National Soccer Team, Italian names like Messi, Coloccini, Zanetti, D'Alessandro, Milito, Sensini, Troglio, Caniggia etc pop out, never heard anyone try and argue they should play for Italy

Last edited by TheMan : 02-25-2012 at 04:34 PM.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #87
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,040
LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
So what, they weren't born in Italy, they were born in Argentina, numbnuts.

People of Italian ancestary make up almost half of Argentina's population, the majority being of Spanish ancestary (Spain is also in Europe, BTW)..I have no fukking idea what they being of Italian ancestary have to do with your argument.

It would be the same if their last names were Rubio, Gasol or Calderon (giving you Spanish names to make a point, after all, Argentina's majority is of Spanish background), if they are born in Argentina, they are Argentinians, not European

Nocioni and Ginobili are Italian citizens. This is a fact.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #88
SwayDizzle
Local High School Star
 
SwayDizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,041
SwayDizzle has decent reputation
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

lol at the topic of this thread, and its constant resurgence. ultimate baiting going on, i guess some people just enjoy trolling too much :)
SwayDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #89
JD_TO
I hit open layups
 
JD_TO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 191
JD_TO has decent reputation
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
The NBA is a racist organization. The discussion ends there.

You also counted several players that are half white and half black (they are not black) as "African American".

News flash, guys that are half white and half black, are NOT black.

In North America we believe in the one drop rule, for one to be considered white both parents must be white.
JD_TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #90
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,237
TheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this boardTheMan is popular on this board
Default Re: Anthony Parker: Euroleague God/Role Player in the NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Nocioni and Ginobili are Italian citizens. This is a fact.
Nocioni was born in Santa Fe, Arg and Manu was born in Buenos Aires Arg, this is a fact.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:50 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy