Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool
Default Lakers are going to recall Gerald Green from the D-League

He won MVP at the D-League all star game, its pretty obvious he'll be called up from the farm.

So can he start right away ? we have Artest and Barnes in our rotation at the 3, Green is probably better than both.

I say we start him, what does LA have to lose ?.
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
rfoster24
Decent playground baller

rfoster24 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lakers are going to recall Gerald Green from the D-League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
He won MVP at the D-League all star game, its pretty obvious he'll be called up from the farm.

So can he start right away ? we have Artest and Barnes in our rotation at the 3, Green is probably better than both.

Green is not better than Barnes or Artest. If he was, then he wouldn't have been in the D-League.

What does LA have to lose? More games.
rfoster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Lol.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Bob Cousy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoster24
Green is not better than Barnes or Artest. If he was, then he wouldn't have been in the D-League.

That's a very close minded way of looking at it.

thats like Mike D'Antoni saying "Lin was in the d-league no way he deserves Tony Douglas's minutes."

I doubt Green can be an worse than what we're getting at the 3 right now.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Better than Kapono at this point.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfoster24

yh bt can Barnez or Artezt do dis
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Has his spot-shooting improved? Defense?

Green has the talent to be a NBA player, but just doesn't have a role.

I dont understand why he spent 2 seasons overseas instead of sticking in the D-League. He would've been called-up by now.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They should have called him up sooner so he could take part in the dunk contest at least.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #9
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hes not the answer no...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
WeGetRing2012
Decent college freshman

WeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayWeGetRing2012 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Green is one of the dumbest players I have seen play. He is also selfish & doesn't understand team basketball. I don't want him on the Lakers & Barnes is actually playing good right now. I think the Lakers are going after Beasley so ....
WeGetRing2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
Bob Cousy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
Green is one of the dumbest players I have seen play. He is also selfish & doesn't understand team basketball. I don't want him on the Lakers & Barnes is actually playing good right now. I think the Lakers are going after Beasley so ....
I don't trust Barnes, I would greatly appreciate it if a Beasely deal could get done and approved asap because Barnes was no where to be seen last post season and I won't even speak on Artest.

Green seems like he can at least hit the open 3 more consistently than Artest, and we need fresh legs in the lineup. I don't want to pay for anything or use the TPE if we don't have to.

Last edited by Bob Cousy : 02-25-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #12
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I don't trust Barnes, I would greatly appreciate it if a Beasely deal could get done and approved asap because Barnes was no where to be seen last post season and I won't even speak on Artest.

Green seems like he can at least hit the open 3 more consistently than Artest, and we need fresh legs in the lineup. I don't want to pay for anything or use the TPE if we don't have to.

Green is not a good player, hence being out of the league since 2009. Little skill and little IQ.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #13
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Hes not the answer no...
There is only one Answer
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #14
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

lol nice one. thanks for getting a bunch of laker fans' hopes up for nothing
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

I love when ppl make threads with titles like this.

Like some saying, "Lakers trade for Dwight" and having a thread about his meaningless opinion about it lol
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: