Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default Chris Paul takes option to stay with Clippers for 12-13 season

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ippers-2012-13

Quote:
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Chris Paul confirmed to ESPN Radio Friday at the NBA All-Star Game that he intends to pick up his option to play with the Clippers in the 2012-2013 season.

When Paul was traded to the Clippers from New Orleans in December it was with the idea that if things didn't work out the way he wanted, he could opt out of the option and become a restricted free agent. But he said likes his life as a Clipper.

"I'm on West Coast time," he said at a taping of Meet the All-Stars, which airs on ESPN Radio at 6 p.m. ET Saturday. "I wake up every day and the sun's out and its beautiful and basketball's not going too bad at all, either."

The Clippers are third in the Western Conference behind Oklahoma City and San Antonio. Paul, who will play in his fifth All-Star game Sunday, said he believes the organization, and general manager Neil Olshey, are committed to building the franchise beyond just this season and that he has complete confidence in his teammates.

"(Coach) Vinny (Del Negro) is always telling me be aggressive, be aggressive, go score, go score . I realize I have the ball so much that I can get a shot anytime that I want to but, it's not an individual game. I need to make sure my teammates know I'll find them. Even in the fourth quarter may be a situation where a defender comes over, I have to know that my teammates know I'm a willing passer."

Paul, who is averaging 19.2 points and 8.6 assists per game this season, also said he has worked hard to improve defensively.

"That's what I think about all day, every day is how are we gonna stop this team," he said. "It's frustrating (to them) when a team can't score. They get mad. Everyone talks about offense, but I pride myself on defense."

LOL at everyone who thought he was gonna leave
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Chris Paul takes option to stay with Clippers for 12-13 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
LOL at everyone who thought he was gonna leave

Clippers only agreed to the trade because he said he was going to stay for the 2012-13 season
selrahc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Zackmorris
Where my announcement!

Zackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this boardZackmorris is popular on this board

Uhm...duh? This is not news.
Zackmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation hereballinhun8 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
Clippers only agreed to the trade because he said he was going to stay for the 2012-13 season

Seriously. Wasn't this the reason they made the trade? Because he said he would.

Still, it says intends to take option. Would be so funny (or clipper-like if you would) if he screwed them and went somewhere else ala Brand.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

He always said he was going to do it... good to hear he is happy though.

Still, you wouldn't expect a guy like CP3 to do the Clippers dirty... he seems like a man of his word.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

this was news on the day CP3 was dealt to the clippers
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool

that was kind of the point of them giving up Gordon and Kaman.
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Smart choice I say. Its not like any other teams could potential offer more than the Clippers are able to. Not mentioning only teams with capspace are rebuilding lottery teams.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
JohnnyWall
Banned

JohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJohnnyWall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Smart choice I say. Its not like any other teams could potential offer more than the Clippers are able to. Not mentioning only teams with capspace are rebuilding lottery teams.

Weren't you one of the ISHiots saying that Blake and CP3 would ditch the Clippers at the first chance they get?
JohnnyWall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #10
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
Weren't you one of the ISHiots saying that Blake and CP3 would ditch the Clippers at the first chance they get?

umm when did i say that? The only thing I said was that CP3 and Blake Griffin aint good fit 'cause the latter cant and wont play pick n roll, no more than that...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: