Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Be Prepared For Moves

Things are gonna happen really soon I believe. If Lakers do sign Rasheed, that obviously means a trade is gonna happen. After March 1st, we're able to trade all our off season signings. Be optimistic L.A fans, something will happen!
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Be Prepared For Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Things are gonna happen really soon I believe. If Lakers do sign Rasheed, that obviously means a trade is gonna happen. After March 1st, we're able to trade all our off season signings. Be optimistic L.A fans, something will happen!

Well, I dont think its a lock if they sign Sheed that they will make a deal. Sheed hasnt played in 1.5 years, can we really count on him for more than 15 mpg?

Signing Sheed would really help what our bench. Our bench bigs have done nothing for us this season and if he can stretch the floor or play some D, then that helps us a lot.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Rasheed? Hadn't heard that till now, that could work but I doubt it's tied to other possible transactions.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Rasheed? Hadn't heard that till now, that could work but I doubt it's tied to other possible transactions.

Why would they sign ANOTHER PF? You really think McRoberts, Murphy, Gasol are all gonna stay WITH RASHEED? I have a feeling a good trade is gonna happen for us (after march 1st probably)
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yup Lakers signed Rasheed according to espn.

All this depth at PF means one thing: Gasol OR Bynum are as good as gone. I doubt it would be Bynum since Rasheed can only play PF.

Last edited by bladefd : 02-24-2012 at 06:02 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Why would they sign ANOTHER PF? You really think McRoberts, Murphy, Gasol are all gonna stay WITH RASHEED? I have a feeling a good trade is gonna happen for us (after march 1st probably)
Other than Gasol the others that can play that spot have fallen short of expectations, Bynum and Gasol are getting worn down by the extra minutes and when they do get to rest the Lakers are getting killed because McRoberts and Murphy to a lesser extent are not performing. Unless you think the Lakers are getting a high profile player for a trade using McRoberts and Murphy?
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

interesting
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Totally agree with you AirTupac and thanks for the great conversation even on the main forum.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Yup Lakers signed Rasheed according to espn.

All this depth at PF means one thing: Gasol OR Bynum are as good as gone. I doubt it would be Bynum since Rasheed can only play PF.
Sport Center just reported Rasheed has just signed with the lakers.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Sport Center just reported Rasheed has just signed with the lakers.

I really don't know what he has left, this could be really good or really bad

Of all people we have discussed Sheed is the one guy in the last 15-20 years that I was certain would never play for the Lakers....he has real history against us.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I really don't know what he has left, this could be really good or really bad

Of all people we have discussed Sheed is the one guy in the last 15-20 years that I was certain would never play for the Lakers....he has real history against us.
Bro, I agree...but good or bad sounds like he's coming to LA. Just hope he can help coming off the bench
Old 02-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The good thing with Sheed is he can play C too, so he can give Bynum a breather and be out there with Pau. It looks like the Lakers think they need a big man who can stretch the floor. That of course works well with Bynum, but it also works well with other centers out there too....... I would have to think the Lakers intend to make another move here.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Lakers should deal Walton + 1st rounder to the Cavs for Sessions. Then McRoberts + Kapono to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Then take LO back from Dallas with the TPE (if they can do that).

PG: Sessions/Blake/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Mayo/Goudelock
SF: Artest/Barnes
PF: Gasol/Odom/Murphy
C: Bynum/Sheed

That'll put them back into legitimate title contention. Wouldn't need Dwight with that lineup.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #14
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Lakers should deal Walton + 1st rounder to the Cavs for Sessions. Then McRoberts + Kapono to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Then take LO back from Dallas with the TPE (if they can do that).

PG: Sessions/Blake/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Mayo/Goudelock
SF: Artest/Barnes
PF: Gasol/Odom/Murphy
C: Bynum/Sheed

That'll put them back into legitimate title contention. Wouldn't need Dwight with that lineup.

I wish you were the G.M of those other teams
But unfortunately those are deals that won't happen.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I wish you were the G.M of those other teams
But unfortunately those are deals that won't happen.

Who knows? Memphis almost traded Mayo for McRoberts twice when he was in Indy. Cavs really want that 1st rounder in this year's deep draft, and the Mavs aren't getting any real production out of Odom.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: