Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Be Prepared For Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Who knows? Memphis almost traded Mayo for McRoberts twice when he was in Indy. Cavs really want that 1st rounder in this year's deep draft, and the Mavs aren't getting any real production out of Odom.

I have to give you credit, you make some very good points to back up your argument.....unlike some of my friends on here

I think Mark Cuban has too much of an ego to send Odom back to the Lakers......he would look like a complete fool.

Hey, BallsOut, good job and keep posting
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #17
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I think Mark Cuban has too much of an ego to send Odom back to the Lakers......he would look like a complete fool.

To be honest, I wouldn't want Odom back anyways even if Cuban dangled him in front of us for nothing in return. He was being too much of a crybaby after the trade was stopped. Great guy and a pretty good player but way too mentally fragile. Besides, he is getting up there in age and just doesn't look good when he is out there playing.

Sure, you could argue that he hasn't gotten used to playing in Dallas yet, but how could somebody look that horrendous?? Not only has he slowed down, but he just makes everyone else look bad too when he is out there.. Sure, the Lakers could have gotten more for him but sorry, it was time for him to go.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #18
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Who knows? Memphis almost traded Mayo for McRoberts twice when he was in Indy. Cavs really want that 1st rounder in this year's deep draft, and the Mavs aren't getting any real production out of Odom.

Memphis has said they no longer want to deal Mayo. He's been very productive for them off the bench this year. I don't see any of those being trades that would likely happen.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

I wish we would of traded McRoberts for Mayo...not that McBob is bad, but Brown does not play him for whatever reason and I would rather have a prolific scoring SG off the bench in Mayo than a guy who gets no PT (sadly).
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #20
bladefd
Good college starter

So many rumors right now.. unbelievable..

Some of the rumor stuff I read concerning Lakers/dwight..

- Bynum and gasol for dwight+hedo+nelson is close to being done
- Dwight staying in orlando after sitting down with the magic owner
- dwight to NJ is done deal
- Rondo for bynum is currently being discussed and may happen as soon as march 1
- celtics turned down rondo for gasol

- i saw couple other rumors on general boards and other websites like yahoo/msn. this is insane

All these rumors tell me one thing: Lakers will do some sort of trade before the deadline. Just way too many rumors for there to be nothing. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Last edited by bladefd : 02-27-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 PM   #21
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
So many rumors right now.. unbelievable..

Some of the rumor stuff I read concerning Lakers/dwight..

- Bynum and gasol for dwight+hedo+nelson is close to being done
- Dwight staying in orlando after sitting down with the magic owner
- dwight to NJ is done deal
- Rondo for bynum is currently being discussed and may happen as soon as march 1
- celtics turned down rondo for gasol

- i saw couple other rumors on general boards and other websites like yahoo/msn. this is insane

All these rumors tell me one thing: Lakers will do some sort of trade before the deadline. Just way too many rumors for there to be nothing. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

While I am being entertained but these rumors, imagining in my head what could happen etc, I just wish somebody or some websites would track down(keep tabs) the actual accuracies/or inaccuracies of these sources. I mean it's so easy now a days to simply start a rumor or make up a trade scenario and if it actually happens, they hit a jackpot and they'll brag about it and say "you read it from us first"
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:34 AM   #22
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
While I am being entertained but these rumors, imagining in my head what could happen etc, I just wish somebody or some websites would track down(keep tabs) the actual accuracies/or inaccuracies of these sources. I mean it's so easy now a days to simply start a rumor or make up a trade scenario and if it actually happens, they hit a jackpot and they'll brag about it and say "you read it from us first"

I hear ya, but whether there's sources or not, those teams are dangling those players as trade bait. I think it's the media who has a little fun putting together possible scenarios. Luckily we only have a few more weeks of this and we'll know what the Lakers roster will look like for the remainder of the season.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:39 AM   #23
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

I'm ignoring every rumor I hear....I'm not even going to think about any of this stuff until whatever deal is done......meaning after Stern signs off......for basketball reasons
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 AM   #24
qrich
King Heno

Walton + First for Gomes + 2nd
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #25
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Walton + First for Gomes + 2nd

I don't like it. Gomes doesn't get LA over the hump and they lose a first round pick they could include in a bigger deal.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #26
KBryant24
Lebron>Jordan

give me sessions and beasley
that right there solves 2 of our biggest problems
we still maintain the best front court in the League
and now we have a distributing PG and a scorer off the bench
KBryant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #27
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBryant24
give me sessions and beasley
that right there solves 2 of our biggest problems
we still maintain the best front court in the League
and now we have a distributing PG and a scorer off the bench
100% agree thats all I think we need........
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

Dwight Howard's agent apparently said that if he was traded to the Lakers he wouldn't sign an extension and would still become a FA at the end of the season. I heard this on ESPN radio this morning. Later I read this:

Quote:
Among the many complications here is that any and all hopes of landing Lakers center Andrew Bynum -- the best big man in the league to fill the Howard void -- appear to be dashed because of Howard's view of the Lakers. Close friends of Howard say he was, in fact, informed that Bryant sees him as a second or third option on a championship-caliber team if he came to Los Angeles. And while the stance has its merits on the surface, it simply didn't help matters to engage in any sort of alpha dog discussion if that's what indeed went down. The Buss family that owns the Lakers, in turn, is said to be irked by Bryant's alleged role in the matter and hopeful that Howard -- who they see as the business and basketball draw for the next decade -- can still be convinced otherwise. But Howard's focus, one source close to him insists, was on the Nets regardless of Bryant's perceived influence. SI.com
Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #29
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

Sheed will play backup Center.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #30
bladefd
Good college starter

Stephen A Smith was saying earlier today on First Take that the Lakers/Celtics are revisiting the Rondo deal. Possibly Rondo+Bass for Gasol?

The problem, as he said, is that Rondo cannot shoot. It doesn't take any pressure off Kobe since Rondo would not be able to spread the floor.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: