Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-25-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Has San Antonio offered Duncan an extension?

Isn't he an UFA this offseason? Or did he resign already?

And Nash is an UFA too, right?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Default Re: Has San Antonio offered Duncan an extension?

I'm wondering if he's leaning towards retirement. If I remember correctly it was a player option right? And he didn't opt out and re-negotiate so in my head I'm thinking that he's one very tired man, and we may be seeing the legend's swan song.

Or it's possible that he'll let it expire and then sign back on for far less because he wants to help the team. He'll change his role, and he'll negotiate a new contract to reflect that.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
I'm wondering if he's leaning towards retirement.

Actually, in a recent interview (about a month ago) he said he believes he's good for another couple of years. I'm assuming that's what he'll do, probably take less to stay in SA where he and his kids are. SA always seems to have these under-the-table deals with their players, so wouldn't surprise me if there's some common understanding, already, of what it'll take for him to stay in SA.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Big#50
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Actually, in a recent interview (about a month ago) he said he believes he's good for another couple of years. I'm assuming that's what he'll do, probably take less to stay in SA where he and his kids are. SA always seems to have these under-the-table deals with their players, so wouldn't surprise me if there's some common understanding, already, of what it'll take for him to stay in SA.
Does this mean the Spurs will have some serious cash to offer a big name free agent?
Big#50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac

You know what he'd have had to recommit after last season right? Maybe at that point he was feeling a bit worn out and kinda down after the way it ended and was weighing his options a bit and figured he'd give it another go and see how he feels. After an extended break and a bit of a resurgence plus the youngins on his team clearly respond to him I can see him playing another 3 years.

Umm to answer Big 50 not likely. I mean next year as it is right now they'd have a payroll of $47 mil. but that's with only 8 under contract. I expect them to resign Gary Neal and James Anderson for sure, Donte Green as well is likely. The big question will be what's Tim's new contract, they could have enough money to go for like a Carl Landry (HINT HINT FRONT OFFICE!)
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
toxicxr6
Local High School Star

Tim Duncan wont be retiring.. he said so.. maybe end of 2014 season depending how he and the spurs keep going.. he said the thought of retirement hasnt even crossed his mind yet..
He will resign.. it wont be for much though.. and the will amnesty richard jeffeson.. Spurs will do some serious shopping in the offseason where they will probably add 25-30 million of talent to their roster
toxicxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #7
DevilsAssassin
Banned

i don't want him ruining his legacy by not winning 50 games
DevilsAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

Totally off topic but in my 2K12 SA traded TD to Houston a year before he retired.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: