Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #16
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Shaq: "Steve Nash is my boy, but not a 2 time MVP"

LOL @ some of these replies. Folks, stats don't mean shit in the MVP race.

V = VALUABLE

It's been like this for years. Some of you act like you never knew this.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #17
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why does everyone get so pissy when Shaq talks?

Dude's going to say what he wants, and it's more interesting than generic answers. Deal with it.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #18
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Shaq should have been more made at Iverson when he won it in 2001
Bigsmoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
NewYorkNoPicks
National High School Star

NewYorkNoPicks has decent reputationNewYorkNoPicks has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanch856
Shaq is b*tthurt cos he's only won the MVP once.

There were very few multiple time MVP winners... So winning "just" one is more than 99.5% of everyone who ever played in the NBA could even dream of
NewYorkNoPicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
Yanch856
Serious playground baller

Yanch856 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
There were very few multiple time MVP winners... So winning "just" one is more than 99.5% of everyone who ever played in the NBA could even dream of

How jealous is Shaquille O'Neal? He hates on Kobe, Dwight, does it surprise me he takes a shot at Nash? Sometimes having an MVP is just not enough.
Yanch856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Some people really take this idiot's "not complaining" as an opportunity to repeat the same nonsense they always repeat, regardless of what it has to do with reality.

Who cares about his stats. Shaq had no business winning it in 2005 and it's good that he didn't. The only other deserving parties would have been Iverson or Dirk. KG, had he somehow gotten them one more win and into the playoffs, would have been deserving. That's the best he's ever played outside of his MVP year the year before.

Shaq, no.

In 2006, Nash already had the profile of winning and his team won 55 games with no Amare. Lebron was definitely not more deserving than either Nash or Kobe or Dirk. Kobe's team won too few.

Besides all of this, an MVP is at least meant to be for an isolated season. It's like people who complain about someone not having an Oscar when so and so does or maybe someone else has two. It should come down to whether or not you think that person was the most deserving that season.

Shaq should have two tho...but not Nash's. Lebron has no claim to it in 2006.

Last edited by Whoah10115 : 02-25-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:05 PM   #22
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I could understand why Nash won MVPs in both 05 and 06.

In 05, he turned the Suns around entirely. They were a 29 win team before Nash came. Nash played the best basketball of his career at that point when he first went to the Suns, and they had the best record in the league with 62 wins.

Shaq was the better player that year.

Nash in 2006 had to deal with Amare being out, and Nash still lead his team to a very good record. And he played better than what he played the year before.
Micku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #23
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Shaq has always been my favorite player since I was about 9 years old, but over the past few years I've really grown to dislike his personality. After the nonsense that happened with leaving the Heat, I've seen him in a very different light than I did with Orlando and then LAL. He's still my #1 guy, but his passive aggressive and petty behaviour leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #24
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

"Most Valuable Player"

Describes Steve Nash perfectly. Without him, those Suns teams would have barely made the playoffs, let alone 1st-2nd seed....

He was arguably the best passer and shooter in the league. The times he's been injured, the Suns didn't even play like the same team. They were terrible whenever he went out. He was the MVP for the Suns. A true leader.

Now if it was called the "Best Player Award", you'd have an argument.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #25
Yanch856
Serious playground baller

Yanch856 has an OK reputation so far

It's probably one of the more obvious cases of fame and fortune getting to someone's head.
Yanch856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #26
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
Kobe won 45 games in 06. The MVP is not generally handed out to players whose teams have those win totals. LeBron on 31/7/7 and 50 wins probably deserved it. Then there's Wade who threw up 27/6/7/49.5% and won 52 games. Dirk had a strong case as well.

And in 05, Shaq posted 23/11, while Wade had 24/5/7. That's a fairly 50/50 split. There were strong MVP candidates in 05, and they didn't include Nash, but Shaq wasn't the strongest of them.
I always thought it was dumb that there was a wins requirement in order to win the MVP. The only requirement that an MVP winner should be required to do is make the playoffs and that is it. Kobe deserved it in 2006 in my opinion but he wasn't going to win it just because he didn't have 50 wins which I found stupid.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #27
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Nash owes Kobe and Shaq an MVP each.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #28
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's tough shit for Shaq.

No really. The reason Shaq didn't win more MVPs is because he was always slacking off during the preseason and the regular season and was never in good enough shape to play enough games at the level required to win MVP.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #29
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
That's tough shit for Shaq.

No really. The reason Shaq didn't win more MVPs is because he was always slacking off during the preseason and the regular season and was never in good enough shape to play enough games at the level required to win MVP.

Tough shit? I don't think an extra MVP awArd is gonna alter Shaq's life or bank account. Just a man giving his honest opinions on a subject.

Had he said something considered negative about Kobe this would be a twelve page Shaq love fest.

At least you know the true reason Shaq was traded from L.A.

Larry Bird suggested as much when he said he may as well through his MVP trophies away if Kobe hadn't won at least one. Bird just never specified anyone by name.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #30
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
Tough shit? I don't think an extra MVP awArd is gonna alter Shaq's life or bank account. Just a man giving his honest opinions on a subject.

Had he said something considered negative about Kobe this would be a twelve page Shaq love fest.

At least you know the true reason Shaq was traded from L.A.

Larry Bird suggested as much when he said he may as well through his MVP trophies away if Kobe hadn't won at least one. Bird just never specified anyone by name.

This thread is in response to Shaq making sour, childish comments. He is the one not willing to let it go, not me.

If he simply accept he didn't win more MVPs because of his own immaturity and lack of dedication everything would be coo.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: