Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #211
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
image?

CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #212
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And of course theirs always this little diddy... if someone had their arm that high today for a dunk the announcers would have a massive coronary heart attack and die at the table the way the spaz over dunks today.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #213
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

You can't judge anything on angles like that, the only way to tell if someone is rim level is really a direct shot of the basket.

A camera looking up at a shot like that isn't really something to go off of.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #214
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

Old 02-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #215
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
You can't judge anything on angles like that, the only way to tell if someone is rim level is really a direct shot of the basket.

A camera looking up at a shot like that isn't really something to go off of.

You can judge that he's really f_cking high... don't be an idiot and try to deny it. Just look at his feet in relation to other athletes/the floor. Deuce claimed a "2 foot" vertical. Does it look like 2 feet? Or is the camera angle too tricky to tell...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #216
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

35" if he's at rim level. But I think the angle affects that
edit: 30-33"

Last edited by Deuce Bigalow : 02-28-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #217
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
You can judge that he's really f_cking high... don't be an idiot and try to deny it.

You must be around 13 if you don't know about camera perspective, here's a giant holding onto the Christ the redeemer statue in Brazil:

That statue is 130ft tall, he's clearly a monster.

Like I said, you can't tell ANYTHING from these garbage camera angles you're posting as proof, all of them are either off angle or pointing up at the rim.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #218
bwink23
Banned

bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

And of course theirs always this little diddy... if someone had their arm that high today for a dunk the announcers would have a massive coronary heart attack and die at the table the way the spaz over dunks today.

That's the photo i was looking at...doesn't look like a 2-foot vert to me...
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #219
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
You must be around 13 if you don't know about camera perspective, here's a giant holding onto the Christ the redeemer statue in Brazil:

Like I said, you can't tell ANYTHING from these garbage camera angles you're posting as proof, all of them are either off angle or pointing up at the rim.

I know damn well about camera distortion and perspective in photography is a hobby of mine. I'll ask again. Are you going to sit here and say "I can not deduce whether or not Wilt's vertical was two feet or not because I don't trust the angle"!?

Get real. The distortion is NOT that extreme.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #220
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

I can tell your an idiot
Old 02-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #221
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:

that is your best pic. his feet are high off the ground
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #222
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I can tell your an idiot
hmm..
Old 02-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #223
bwink23
Banned

bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Seeing is in the bottom photo that Wilt has his hand on the backboard and his arm in a bent position...i'd say he's well skying.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #224
abuC
Cuba

Quote:
I can tell your an idiot

I can tell you're a moron.

You're, not YOUR. If you plan on calling someone an idiot learn the difference.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #225
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
35" if he's at rim level. But I think the angle affects that
edit: 30-33"

(High Jump Champ) Cough Cough.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: