Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #241
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,849
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
And I don't really understand the extreme focus on Wilt's physical abilities. Javalle Mcgee is a physical specimen as well... so what? James White can do a 360, between the legs, from the FT dunk... so what?

Because Jefail is as smart as a tomatoe, and is not even close to the specimen Wilt was and if you think being a specimen doesn't mean anything go watch footage of Shaq.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 AM   #242
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC



Calling me a dumbass, yet posting that long ass moronic drivel of a post, a high jump and a vertical are two entirely different types of jumps. A vertical is measured off no step, or 1 step and jumping off TWO FEET, your moronic copy and paste job has Wilt running and jumping off one foot.

Whoever posted that original post is just as delusional as you, wouldn't be surprised if it was Jlauber.


Verticals are measured in different ways...when Dwight did his "backboard jump", his vertical was around 38-39 inches with a run and jump. Your "max vertical" to me is as high as you can get by any means necessary within your physical limits.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 AM   #243
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,849
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC



Calling me a dumbass, yet posting that long ass moronic drivel of a post, a high jump and a vertical are two entirely different types of jumps. A vertical is measured off no step, or 1 step and jumping off TWO FEET, your moronic copy and paste job has Wilt running and jumping off one foot.

Whoever posted that original post is just as delusional as you, wouldn't be surprised if it was Jlauber.



I posted it - you didn't read it obviously.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #244
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,849
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
And I don't really understand the extreme focus on Wilt's physical abilities. Javalle Mcgee is a physical specimen as well... so what? James White can do a 360, between the legs, from the FT dunk... so what?

Compare Wilt to anyone out of the 1499 draftee's

www.draftexpress.com/measurements

Tell me when you find one with 4 measurements that equal or exceed Wilt's

Wilt Chamberlain
7'1.06"
7'8" Wingpsan
9'7.5" Standing Reach in modern shoes greater than Yao Mings
258lbs-292lbs-305lbs 1959-1971 playing weights, heavier still in 72-73 but unweighed - 327lbs at age 48
4.6 40-yard barefoot
36-42" vert 2x NCAA High-Jump Champ
11.5" Hand Width - 2nd widest NBA hands ever recorded
9.5" Hand Length - a basketball is only 9.4" in diameter
IQ: There's nothing but unanimous praise and testimonial about Wilt's high basketball-IQ when the topic is brought up to his peers and contemporaries.

Javale McGee
6'11 (-2.06")
7'6 Wingspan (-2.0")
9'6.5" Reach (-1.0")
228lbs, 237lbs, 241lbs, 252lbs 2008-present (- a **** load of weight)
3.25 second 3/4 court sprint ~= 5.2 40 yard dash (0.6 slower)
32.5" Vertical
Hand size: unmeasured. definitely large hands. still doubt they're as large as Wilt's.
IQ: Dumb as a brick. Don't make me show the numerous youtube highlights why.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #245
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
Verticals are measured in different ways...when Dwight did his "backboard jump", his vertical was around 38-39 inches with a run and jump. Your "max vertical" to me is as high as you can get by any means necessary within your physical limits.



No, a vertical is not measured in different ways, do you guys just come up with this shit on the fly?

The NFL and NBA combine both clearly define the way in which verticals are measured.

Also, just because you jump high off a running start and a one foot plant doesn't mean you'll get up higher off a two foot jump. Case in point LeBron James and James White, both get up considerably higher when they have a running start and plant off one leg than they do off two feet.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #246
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW


I posted it - you didn't read it obviously.


Notice how it went from......"No way he can get up that high" to "Max verts. are measured straight up with no step"......
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #247
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
Notice how it went from......"No way he can get up that high" to "Max verts. are measured straight up with no step"......





You two have been talking about VERTICALS for the last 30 minutes, unreal.


Again, if you think he could get up 40" off the ground then you also by definition believe his head was 5" above the rim, and of course like all things Wilt there's no actual evidence to support that claim.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 AM   #248
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,849
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC



Calling me a dumbass, yet posting that long ass moronic drivel of a post, a high jump and a vertical are two entirely different types of jumps. A vertical is measured off no step, or 1 step and jumping off TWO FEET, your moronic copy and paste job has Wilt running and jumping off one foot.

Whoever posted that original post is just as delusional as you, wouldn't be surprised if it was Jlauber.

Your maximum vertical can be calculated via high jump techniques prior to the fosbury flop - and or based on scissor jumps over a high jump bar.

Yes. It. Can.

Read the "drivel" - ask questions about it, or gtfo. Thanks

If your too stupid to comprehend how a vertical can be pulled in this manner than....

CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #249
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,849
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC



You two have been talking about VERTICALS for the last 30 minutes, unreal.


Again, if you think he could get up 40" off the ground then you also by definition believe his head was 5" above the rim, and of course like all things Wilt there's no actual evidence to support that claim.

doesn't seem so far fetched.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZ...7eAUAAAAAAALAA
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #250
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
No, a vertical is not measured in different ways, do you guys just come up with this shit on the fly?

The NFL and NBA combine both clearly define the way in which verticals are measured.

Also, just because you jump high off a running start and a one foot plant doesn't mean you'll get up higher off a two foot jump. Case in point LeBron James and James White, both get up considerably higher when they have a running start and plant off one leg than they do off two feet.



In game of basketball, that is really all that matters isn't it??

Spud Webb has a recorded vertical of around 44"....if you think he did that just going straight up with no steps...your smoking that GOOD STUFF.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #251
Deuce Bigalow
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Deuce Bigalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,712
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

No photo or video shows Wilt getting higher than 36". none.
Drop it already. And dunk a freethrow..isnt that what the OP is about LMAO
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #252
abuC
Cuba
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,621
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW




Yet again, more ridiculous angles, if you think Wilt got up as high as that moronic video claims then I guess you also must believe LeBron's chest was at the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX990fnB6i8
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #253
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Your maximum vertical can be calculated via high jump techniques prior to the fosbury flop - and or based on scissor jumps over a high jump bar.

Yes. It. Can.

Read the "drivel" - ask questions about it, or gtfo. Thanks

If your too stupid to comprehend how a vertical can be pulled in this manner than....






I already did the comparison with my on-court vertical vs. my track vertical over the 6' bar, and they came out damn close....NICE JOB
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 AM   #254
Deuce Bigalow
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Deuce Bigalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,712
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC



Yet again, more ridiculous angles, if you think Wilt got up as high as that moronic video claims then I guess you also must believe LeBron's chest was at the rim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX990fnB6i8
Can you believe that jlauber actually believes that Wilt had a 50" vertical and benched 500 lbs and dunked freethrows...I mean it's just crazy
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #255
CavaliersFTW
Very good NBA starter
 
CavaliersFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,849
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
I already did the comparison with my on-court vertical vs. my track vertical over the 6' bar, and they came out damn close....NICE JOB

Olympic High Jumpers have calculated their vertical based on their rise in COG and/or inseam over jumps such as a scissor jump - but apparently abuC don't trust such hocus pocus... aka basic subtraction.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy