Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #286
Psileas
College superstar
 
Psileas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Great!
Posts: 4,949
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
I guess Big Foot exists and so does aliens..

OT: I'm no conspiracy theorist, but you'd better believe that aliens do exist, and probably in big bunches. They have to, statistically, even if you don't believe the evidence, which is still way, way more than the evidence of the Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster, etc.
The majority of them are just different types of organisms like the Earth's animals, plants, bacteria, etc, but a few of them will have become definitely more advanced than humans.

BTW, even for Wilt standards, this thread has become excessively long, with its 255 posts (Deuce Bigalow's "posts" don't count).
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #287
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
You're never going to get any evidence when talking about Wilt, everything is "documented" through quotes...

Haha, people who believes all crap about Wilt are idiots, one of these moron's even posted some kind of record long jump record from 500 BC and told us about how there's no video proof of that jump so it's too much to ask to get any visual evidence regarding Wilt..

Around 500 BC the tallest person according to witnesses was some lady who was like 19 feet tall...


I'm just gonna assume right now your an atheist and don't believe any kind higher power beyond your own scope of thought limitations.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #288
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Haha, you idiot, so you have no proof of dinosaurs, Egypt, Rome and the Civil War other then ONE quote from some poor fellow?

I guess Big Foot exists and so does aliens..


The footage is right there in front of your face. Wilt is head-level with the rim which indicates a 36" vertical...and that's carrying the ball with him in an in-game situation...40" rise is not out of the realm..

Michael Jordan is recorded at a 48" peak rise....you've never seen him do it in-game though....i have seen him get eye-level with the rim, that's would a take a 45-46" rise....take the ball out of the equation with no distractions i'm sure he could get a couple more inches.

40" is not impossible.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #289
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
OT: I'm no conspiracy theorist, but you'd better believe that aliens do exist, and probably in big bunches. They have to, statistically, even if you don't believe the evidence, which is still way, way more than the evidence of the Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster, etc.
The majority of them are just different types of organisms like the Earth's animals, plants, bacteria, etc, but a few of them will have become definitely more advanced than humans.

BTW, even for Wilt standards, this thread has become excessively long, with its 255 posts (Deuce Bigalow's "posts" don't count).



bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #290
32jazz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,693
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
The footage is right there in front of your face. Wilt is head-level with the rim which indicates a 36" vertical...and that's carrying the ball with him in an in-game situation...40" rise is not out of the realm..

Michael Jordan is recorded at a 48" peak rise....you've never seen him do it in-game though....i have seen him get eye-level with the rim, that's would a take a 45-46" rise....take the ball out of the equation with no distractions i'm sure he could get a couple more inches.

40" is not impossible.

where is MJ 'recorded' vertical. I call bs.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #291
Johnni Gade
High School Starter
 
Johnni Gade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 831
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

weird post.
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #292
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
where is MJ 'recorded' vertical. I call bs.


What's BS about it?? It's not his standing vertical, it's his rise. If he gets eye-level with the rim, that's gonna take a rise of around 45-46".

RIM = 120 inches....at his eyes at least another 4 inches higher.

Jordan = 6'6"......124 inches - 78 inches = 46" rise....

With no ball he surely could get 48" rise.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #293
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls
 
La Frescobaldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,312
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
What's BS about it?? It's not his standing vertical, it's his rise. If he gets eye-level with the rim, that's gonna take a rise of around 45-46".

RIM = 120 inches....at his eyes at least another 4 inches higher.

Jordan = 6'6"......124 inches - 78 inches = 46" rise....

With no ball he surely could get 48" rise.

none of that means "recorded."
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #294
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
none of that means "recorded."


OH gee wiz........ You people are weird as hell....

Even if it wasn't "official", to say he couldn't rise 48" is pretty ridiculous....even Julius Erving got eye-level with the rim on a dunk. Jordan isnt the only one in history to be able to do that.


bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #295
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls
 
La Frescobaldi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,312
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
OH gee wiz........ You people are weird as hell....

Even if it wasn't "official", to say he couldn't rise 48" is pretty ridiculous....even Julius Erving got eye-level with the rim on a dunk. Jordan isnt the only one in history to be able to do that.



LOLOLOL nah bro I'm just teasin'.... just giving you a dose of the troll medicine you see on here from a couple of guys who are pure 100% lemon bitterness

MJ was mr. athletic and so was chamberlain
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #296
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
LOLOLOL nah bro I'm just teasin'.... just giving you a dose of the troll medicine you see on here from a couple of guys who are pure 100% lemon bitterness

MJ was mr. athletic and so was chamberlain


LOL....i'm getting troll poisoning enough as it is, they don't need your help
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #297
jongib369
National High School Star
 
jongib369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,072
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

I cannot believe some of these idiots who post on this forum...


Good job CavsFTW ... I wouldn't have the patience to go into such depth over and over with some of these guys
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:57 AM   #298
jongib369
National High School Star
 
jongib369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,072
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

*le bump*
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #299
jongib369
National High School Star
 
jongib369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,072
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH7OjWsXFEo&t=1m22s


yup, he made those rule changes just for the lulz

jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #300
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,467
Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

What's being rejected here, that somebody could dunk from the FT line? Which is dumb cause Ibaka can do it too. Or that they used to let players run and dunk their FTs? Which is dumb but believable since dumbness has never stopped humans from implementing something.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy