Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 09-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #151
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: ISH Gaming Diary Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTION
Dear diary,

Still playing DotA (6.74c) in WC3 after 7 years. I'm ready for a new game/franchise to hold my attention.

DotA 2
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #152
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
DotA 2

Well that's obvious...or go SC2 !
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #153
REACTION
HYRYSICPT?

REACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation hereREACTION has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
DotA 2

Tried the beta. I didn't really like it. It felt too sluggish and unresponsive. DotA 2 and League of Legends just don't do it for me. I think I'm too accustomed to the quality of the engine, graphics and gameplay that Blizz created with WC3.

But I'd settle for a new game that isn't RTS too. A great MMORPG would be nice. Or a different online hack-n-slash. I played D3 for a while. Got a few characters to 60 and made it as far as I could through inferno, but it just pales in comparison to the fun I had in D2. Probably in big part due to the lack of pvp.

I think the 2000s will turn out to be the golden era of online PC gaming, while the 2010s are shaping up to be the dark ages of online PC gaming. The 2000s had EverQuest, DaoC, FFXI, WoW, D2, WC3, CounterStrike, the original Call of Duty's. The 2010s will have, what... FFXIV, World of Pandas, D3, Guild Wars 2, and the Nth sequel of CoD?
REACTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #154
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Microsoft has renewed the trademark for Killer Instinct
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:24 PM   #155
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trying to balance Torchlight 2, Guild Wars 2 and all the unplayed/unfinished PS3 games sitting on my shelf.

As much as I love my PS3, nothing compares to good PC gaming.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #156
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by REACTION
Tried the beta. I didn't really like it. It felt too sluggish and unresponsive. DotA 2 and League of Legends just don't do it for me. I think I'm too accustomed to the quality of the engine, graphics and gameplay that Blizz created with WC3.

But I'd settle for a new game that isn't RTS too. A great MMORPG would be nice. Or a different online hack-n-slash. I played D3 for a while. Got a few characters to 60 and made it as far as I could through inferno, but it just pales in comparison to the fun I had in D2. Probably in big part due to the lack of pvp.

I think the 2000s will turn out to be the golden era of online PC gaming, while the 2010s are shaping up to be the dark ages of online PC gaming. The 2000s had EverQuest, DaoC, FFXI, WoW, D2, WC3, CounterStrike, the original Call of Duty's. The 2010s will have, what... FFXIV, World of Pandas, D3, Guild Wars 2, and the Nth sequel of CoD?

I agree partially, but how could you forget to mention SC:BW for 2000s era ??? HOW ? Anyways, sc:bw is superior to sc2, but sc2 is going the right direction, and we can remember that starcraft became great after expansion, and sc2 first expansion is yet to come.

Anyways, people these days choose games not because of quality... you can't blame developers too much.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #157
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

One last Association play-through on 2k12 before I get 2k13 next week.

I recently switched from XBox to PS3, and never got around to the post-lockout roster update with rookies, free agents, and trades.... so the base roster was pretty outdated.

I basically brought Lebron back to a bare-bones Cleveland Cavaliers team.

After making some solid trades, unloading most of the cumbersome contracts, and simulating the first season....

Entering the free agency period with $20-million in cap space, I was able to sign Chris Paul to a max-superstar deal and DeAndre Jordan to a 5-year, $5-million base year deal.

PG: Chris Paul - C.J. Watson
SG: Arron Afflalo - Danny Green
SF: Lebron James - Ryan Anderson
PF: Taj Gibson - Marcus Camby
C: DeAndre Jordan - Anderson Varejao
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #158
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What can people tell me about Witcher 2? I know based on rep that its an awesome RPG but is the combat fun at all? I'm not terribly interested in the whole magic and dragon fantasy setting but the game might be too good to pass up.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #159
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
What can people tell me about Witcher 2? I know based on rep that its an awesome RPG but is the combat fun at all? I'm not terribly interested in the whole magic and dragon fantasy setting but the game might be too good to pass up.
Combat is solid. It has a bit of a "rhythm" based element to it like Arkham Asylum/City. You need to time attacks properly. Your signs (magic) plays a part in combat too. You can also equip secondary throwing weapons (daggers) and use bombs/traps in combat.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #160
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #161
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

I played it on the 360 and loved it. The combat is solid like Q said….not as fluid as Batman’s and you can get away with some hacking at times. The story although confusing at times is great. Character customization and item creation are excellent. I specialized in alchemy or item creation first and then combat….not so much magic but I did use it. I would rank it as one of the best RPGs I ever played over 20+ years.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #162
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bought Witcher 2 and Red Dead Redemption based on ISH recommendations. Prob wont play them until after I play AC3 tho.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:12 AM   #163
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Started playing Homeworld. Really liked when I first played it, but I didn't get far in the campaign, so I kind of wanted to come back to it.
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:56 AM   #164
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Regarding Gears of War 3 (online - Team Deathmatch)

You have four teammates, all five of you should not run to the same place. There are typically two power weapons, three if you count frags/flames grenades. If we all run into the same damn place, that leaves two other strong weapons free for the other team to pick up.

If you and another teammate go somewhere together, don't run away when things get heavy, it basically leaves your teammate to get slaughtered because what was once a 2-on-2, is now 2-on-1 (or worst, 3-on-1) because you decided to hide in cover or away when you should have been on the attack.

I'm not even that great at this game, but i understand enough to work with the team. Most people play this game as if its 1on1 and all the extra people out there are just spectators so you should totally ignore them and just pull out your shotgun and take on the world.

I don't care if we lose the match to a better team, but i don't want to lose because we didn't have a team at all.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:59 AM   #165
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Regarding Gears of War 3 (online - Team Deathmatch)

You have four teammates, all five of you should not run to the same place. There are typically two power weapons, three if you count frags/flames grenades. If we all run into the same damn place, that leaves two other strong weapons free for the other team to pick up.

If you and another teammate go somewhere together, don't run away when things get heavy, it basically leaves your teammate to get slaughtered because what was once a 2-on-2, is now 2-on-1 (or worst, 3-on-1) because you decided to hide in cover or away when you should have been on the attack.

I'm not even that great at this game, but i understand enough to work with the team. Most people play this game as if its 1on1 and all the extra people out there are just spectators so you should totally ignore them and just pull out your shotgun and take on the world.

I don't care if we lose the match to a better team, but i don't want to lose because we didn't have a team at all.

Man I haven't played gow3 online before. But I like the way you think ad makes me want to chuck it on lol
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: