Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-23-2006, 12:21 PM   #31
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Why is it that everybody in the media thinks last year's draft was stronger than this one, but Andrew Bogut has slipped to being worth a 4th pick, and Marvin williams worth a 5th pick?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #32
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Why is it that everybody in the media thinks last year's draft was stronger than this one, but Andrew Bogut has slipped to being worth a 4th pick, and Marvin williams worth a 5th pick?

Because just before the draft the value of the picks always gets too high.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:28 PM   #33
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far

Plus, Bogut is not that good and Marvin Williams was probably the least impressive rookie in the top 10 or so. Bogut is all right, don't get me wrong, but he's certainly not worth the top pick or two.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #34
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Do you really think the Raptors would say "no" if we called them up and Offered Bogut for the #1? I don't believe that for half a second. Maybe it's because I've never seen Bargnani play, but Bogut's a true center.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #35
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio
Plus, Bogut is not that good and Marvin Williams was probably the least impressive rookie in the top 10 or so. Bogut is all right, don't get me wrong, but he's certainly not worth the top pick or two.
So you would say that this year's draft is stronger at the top than last year's?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:38 PM   #36
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

No. Just that Bogut is not worth the top two picks. Chris Paul will very likely be the best player of either of these two drafts, in my opinion. I would say that neither of the two drafts was particularly strong at the top. The draft last year had more depth, in my opinion, but that's not really the issue.

As far as Bogut goes, I see his ceiling as being a borderline All Star. That's fine, don't get me wrong. Most teams would love to have a center like that. However, if I have the top pick, I would want to get a superstar or at least someone who could be a superstar. It's a risk, but one worth taking.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #37
adamcz
Bucks fan

Which two players in this draft will be better NBA players than Bogut, making him unworthy of the pick?
Old 06-23-2006, 01:19 PM   #38
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Bargnani is one...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:25 PM   #39
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Wow you people underrate draft picks and overrate old mediocre players.

And ask Orlando if they would trade Darko for a top-5 pick. They wouldn't. Hell he'd go #3 at worst in this draft.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:45 PM   #40
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Rasheed Wallace is worth 6th pick

Zach Randolph is worth _____
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #41
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

Default re:

Quote:
Which two players in this draft will be better NBA players than Bogut, making him unworthy of the pick?

Bargnani is one, Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas, Morrison, and Rudy Gay could all easily end up being better. If I were a GM, I'd take any of those guys (other than maybe Thomas or Morrison, depending on my team's needs) over Bogut. What has Bogut really shown? He was all right, but he certainly did not have the sort of rookie season a top pick ought to have.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:58 PM   #42
greglove777
Can barely lace up my sneakers

greglove777 has an OK reputation so far

Kobe is more than any of this years draft picks in any combination.

Carlos Boozer is worth _____ draft pick
greglove777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #43
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ron Artest is worth 3rd pick and Carlos Bozzer is worth 8th pick

Ricky Davis is worth __ pick?
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #44
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Do you really think the Raptors would say "no" if we called them up and Offered Bogut for the #1? I don't believe that for half a second. Maybe it's because I've never seen Bargnani play, but Bogut's a true center.

I definately agree, Andrew Bogut would definately be the #1 pick in this draft, if it were somehow possible. And the Toronto Raptors, given the chance would probably accept Andrew Bogut for the #1 pick. I cannot say for certain, because I do not know Colangelo's view of Bogut as a player, but Bogut is a better big man then arguably anyone in this draft. I don't see why Toronto would turn such a trade down. A tandem of Villaneuva, Bosh and Bogut would be quite the capable trio for a long time.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 04:22 PM   #45
adamcz
Bucks fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio
Bargnani is one, Aldridge, Tyrus Thomas, Morrison, and Rudy Gay could all easily end up being better. If I were a GM, I'd take any of those guys (other than maybe Thomas or Morrison, depending on my team's needs) over Bogut. What has Bogut really shown? He was all right, but he certainly did not have the sort of rookie season a top pick ought to have.
First of all he was a better college player than any of those guys. Second of all, a 7 footer putting up 9/7/2 on 53% shooting on a playoff team is showing something. I guess we'll just have to tuck this thread away and revisit it a year from now.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: