Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Kobe on Jeremy Lin's GMs, scouts, and maybe even coaches?

Quote:
Kobe Bryant likely would demand a lot from his general manger if Bryant owned an NBA team.

Bryant simply cannot believe how so many general managers around the league failed to recognize the talent of New York Knicks sensation Jeremy Lin, who was never drafted.

"The biggest thing to me is how everybody missed that," Bryant told reporters Saturday.

"They would all be fired if I was owning a team. I hear this stuff about how he came out of nowhere, and I think it's a load of crap. You can't play that well and just come out of nowhere. There has to be something there, and everybody missed it. So, heads would roll."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...st-kobe-bryant
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe on Jeremy Lin's GMs, scouts, and maybe even coaches?

Well its an opinion. Just as you have one, and so do I. Even sports announcers like Kerr, Miller, Barkley...all of them.

My opinion is people knew about him. Otherwise there wouldn't be a few teams lining up to get him. Don't forget lakers were dying for him, and rightfully.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well its an opinion. Just as you have one, and so do I. Even sports announcers like Kerr, Miller, Barkley...all of them.

My opinion is people knew about him. Otherwise there wouldn't be a few teams lining up to get him. Don't forget lakers were dying for him, and rightfully.

Lakers were DYING for him???????
The Lakers showed an interest in him.....I'll give you that one but dying
If they were dying, they could've traded to get him, we could've easily gotten him for Character or Ebanks.....even Morris or Goudelock (Low Salary).
The Knicks didn't think much of him or feel they had a need for him.
If Baron Davis had been healthy this kid would be rotting on the pine.

As I keep saying.......and is Kobe's underlying sentiment, the teams which are good to solid at PG have nothing to regret, but teams like the Lakers.......mainly by far the Lakers who are desperate for help at that position should fire their guys for missing out on him.....if only we really had working GUYS. I've been saying it and now Kobe is saying it too......it's a known fact that Lakers scouting is a complete joke.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
If they were dying, they could've traded to get him, we could've easily gotten him for Character or Ebanks.....even Morris or Goudelock (Low Salary).

As I keep saying.......and is Kobe's underlying sentiment, the teams which are good to solid at PG have nothing to regret, but teams like the Lakers.......mainly by far the Lakers who are desperate for help at that position should fire their guys for missing out on him.....if only we really had working GUYS. I've been saying it and now Kobe is saying it too......it's a known fact that Lakers scouting is a complete joke.

Let me say again but as a fellow asian, I am super proud of the achievements of Lin. Having said that, I am not sure if he would have been as successful with the system/set up with the Lakers. He came at a perfect time when Melo was injured= he dominated the ball plus a well suited system like a spread out pick and roll where he thrived.
With the Lakers, If Kobe is not dominating the ball, Brown wanted to capitalize on the size advantage of Bynum AND Gasol. You also factor in that Lin's defense is still not good, as in gets torched by great PGs.
A few years ago, majority of us where screaming "if only we have a decent PG, someone like Steve Blake". At that time Blake as pretty good.
Also I remember Gary Payton ,albeit he was getting old, he was really good prior to joining Kobe and Shaq and yet was just decent at best with the Lakers
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Why would a team sign Lin, only to trade him after that?

Reading the scouting reports, Lin was standing out as far as his IQ went. Did Morris, or EBanks, or other guys stand out more than Lin? If your answer is yes, then we would have had Lin a long time ago. Truth is, Lin is a diamond in the rough. The fact that he was undrafted surprises the hell out of me. The lakers went after him the year he entered the draft only for him to be taken away by another team, I think it was the warriors. Pretty stupid for Lin to agree to signing with a team stacked with guards. He should have signed with the lakers knowing the PG situation was up in the air with Fisher getting older. I bet you the triangle scared him away.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Why would a team sign Lin, only to trade him after that?

Reading the scouting reports, Lin was standing out as far as his IQ went. Did Morris, or EBanks, or other guys stand out more than Lin? If your answer is yes, then we would have had Lin a long time ago. Truth is, Lin is a diamond in the rough. The fact that he was undrafted surprises the hell out of me. The lakers went after him the year he entered the draft only for him to be taken away by another team, I think it was the warriors. Pretty stupid for Lin to agree to signing with a team stacked with guards. He should have signed with the lakers knowing the PG situation was up in the air with Fisher getting older. I bet you the triangle scared him away.

Warriors only signed him for the PR effect......they had no real plans for him, the Lakers could've easily traded for him at the deadline.
I think the Knicks may have done the same thing.....he was going to be 3rd or 4th string. If Baron Davis had been healthy Lin would've still been in the D-League....I'm quite certain we could've easily gotten him in a trade up to that point he took off.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Warriors only signed him for the PR effect......they had no real plans for him, the Lakers could've easily traded for him at the deadline.
I think the Knicks may have done the same thing.....he was going to be 3rd or 4th string. If Baron Davis had been healthy Lin would've still been in the D-League....I'm quite certain we could've easily gotten him in a trade up to that point he took off.

But thats what Im getting at...is why would Lin himself sign with the warriors knowing their guard situation?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
mookie gaylock
Banned

mookie gaylock has an OK reputation so far

It would be interesting to see Kobe in a management position

Recognizing a gift is an immense talent.

remember, jerry west was the one who scouted and wanted Kobe. Kobe revealed other teams passed him up because they didn't have the guts to pull the trigger on a high school kid. So maybe kobe knows something abotu this.

The fact is, all the NBA owners, scouts and GMs posit themselves as soothe sayers of NBA talent but very few actually find that 'special someone'. I'm not sure that there's a skill in predicting who will become great. i think you just get lucky when you take a risk. Jerry West got lucky with kobe imo. So I think Kobe's comments should be taken with a grain of salt...
mookie gaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie gaylock
It would be interesting to see Kobe in a management position

Recognizing a gift is an immense talent.

remember, jerry west was the one who scouted and wanted Kobe. Kobe revealed other teams passed him up because they didn't have the guts to pull the trigger on a high school kid. So maybe kobe knows something abotu this.

The fact is, all the NBA owners, scouts and GMs posit themselves as soothe sayers of NBA talent but very few actually find that 'special someone'. I'm not sure that there's a skill in predicting who will become great. i think you just get lucky when you take a risk. Jerry West got lucky with kobe imo. So I think Kobe's comments should be taken with a grain of salt...

Remembering back during that time, Kobe's agent told every team, do not draft Kobe unless you have a deal to send him to the lakers. People wanted Kobe, and they recognized his talent. They just couldnt get him, because he didnt want to go anywhere else other than the lakers.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:
But thats what Im getting at...is why would Lin himself sign with the warriors knowing their guard situation?

No one else wanted him at that time.......remember it was the Rockets and then the Knicks who stood in the way of our chances to get him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: