Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #31
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Next 5 games (after the All-Star break)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I remember wen Baron was in that pic
I remember when Douglas was too.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #32
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I remember when Douglas was too.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch

Toney Douglas has that look on his face when he's on the bench now. That look that you have the day you get your report card in school and you know it's bad. Knowing your dad is about to come home and either lecture you for an hour or str8 put his foot in your ass. So you try and be extra nice to everyone around the house. You try and go to bed extra early.

Toney knows the inevitable is coming. It's only a matter of time before he gets that call to the office.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #34
percelloveknicks
Straight Hardcore

percelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this boardpercelloveknicks is popular on this board

How come our starting five starts off so f'n slow on both ends of the floor?!!! With the talent we have right now we should be beastin. How come we gotta wait for the second unit to save us?!! I was watching miami vs portland and bron and wade dominated without bosh, they beat em by themselves. The boston game is gonna be my way of seeing how we do the next couple of games.
percelloveknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
How come our starting five starts off so f'n slow on both ends of the floor?!!! With the talent we have right now we should be beastin. How come we gotta wait for the second unit to save us?!! I was watching miami vs portland and bron and wade dominated without bosh, they beat em by themselves. The boston game is gonna be my way of seeing how we do the next couple of games.
Just using the Cavs game, it was obvious from the beginning the team wanted to get Amar'e going to no avail.

But also of note, which I think is misunderstood, the starters were on the floor when the Knicks were cutting into that lead the Cavs had.

The bench sustained and added to it no doubt, but it wasn't started by them.

As far as the Boston game,I think we'll get a close win, and it will be great considering I can't recall the last time have beat them in Boston.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

As far as the Boston game,I think we'll get a close win, and it will be great considering I can't recall the last time have beat them in Boston.

The Boston game will be a statement game for me. Even moreso given the turmoil in the front office with Rondo. I thought it would be a tough game for Lin to being with but now I think Rondo is going to come out with something to prove. If Lin gets the better of him, I'll be very impressed.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #37
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Toney Douglas has that look on his face when he's on the bench now. That look that you have the day you get your report card in school and you know it's bad. Knowing your dad is about to come home and either lecture you for an hour or str8 put his foot in your ass. So you try and be extra nice to everyone around the house. You try and go to bed extra early.

Toney knows the inevitable is coming. It's only a matter of time before he gets that call to the office.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #38
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Celtics game is really important for us.

Not only that it gives us mental advantage for the rest of the season but we also jump above them in standings.

2 consecutive wins after the all-star break would be a very nice confidence booster.

We're only 2.5 games behind Atlanta (4-6 last 10) , 3 games behind Philly (3-7 last 10) and 4.5 games behind Orlando (7-3 in last 10).

Just to remind you guys,if we can jump ahead of Philly we would have a guaranteed 4th seed because winner of division gets a top4 seed no matter what the record is.

6th seed or above is a success because we wouldn't face neither Miami or Chicago in the 1st round.
In my opinion that gives us a very good chance of advancing the 1st round.

Last edited by Clutch : 03-02-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #39
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mar. 4: @ Boston L
Mar. 6: @ Dallas W
Mar. 7: @ San Antonio L
Mar. 9: @ Milwaukee W
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Its imperative they win the Eastern Conference games.

I think the Cavs game was huge mentally for the Knicks. Many may disagree but they have owned us. Not because its a huge hurdle talent wise but the Cavs have always outhustled and out effort the team to dominate us.

The lack of effort, hustle and intensity will always hold this team back. In conjunction with the other flaws.

Miami destroys teams because their big 2 are superstars and bosh is a stud. Stat and Melo are just not on that level which is not even close IMHO. These guys play team defense like no other they are great on both ends of the floor. These guys will do the dirty work. The way our Big 2 thinks is give me the ball so I can get a flow. LBJ Wade can handle the rock so its an advantage but they can get theirs easier but also through great team defense.

Now the way to beat the Heat is to make them play half court offense! This is what the Knicks did the first half.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #41
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Just using the Cavs game, it was obvious from the beginning the team wanted to get Amar'e going to no avail.

But also of note, which I think is misunderstood, the starters were on the floor when the Knicks were cutting into that lead the Cavs had.

The bench sustained and added to it no doubt, but it wasn't started by them.

Yeah, we were looking to force-feed Amare early, and he was dogsht from what I remember. Clanking open jumpers, missing shots around the rim and turning the ball over. Then of course we couldn't connect on free throws.

Another thing is that Fields doesn't fit with this starting unit, especially when he is getting burned on the other end. He is a below average defender at the SG position. He can't space the floor on offense. He has a tendency to look off Melo and force his own offense. Like in the third quarter, he had about three consecutive WTF plays on offense where he was trying to singlehandedly destroy our momentum. Something like he turned the ball over (unforced), Tyson came up with a steal, and then Fields forced up a terrible shot in a 1 vs 3 transition scenario.

Last edited by airchibundo507 : 03-02-2012 at 10:54 AM.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #42
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I change my mind.

I think we win in Boston. We nearly beat them without Lin last game, and that was because everything they put up in the last two minutes of the game went in.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #43
Clutch
Stop flopping

If we lose against the Mavs we'll probably be on a 3 game losing streak because the Spurs are almost unbeatable at home,especially because it's a second night of back-to-back for us.

18-21 doesn't sound good,we really need to win tomorrow.

Also a win against the Mavs would make me forgot last night loss against the C's.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #44
Clutch
Stop flopping

1-4

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: