Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
chuckbuck
I airball my layups

chuckbuck has an OK reputation so far
Default Cavs have 4 players in the rising stars game...

I know there is a lot that goes into being a contending team. My question is what is it gonna take for them to become a contender with all that talent? First thing that pops to my mind is just maturity and that just comes with time. So if that's the case, assuming all the pieces stay together when will this team start winning regularly?

Starting core of Kyrie Irving, Waiters, Thompson, Zeller, Varejeo...Ellington and Speights are no scrubs either.
chuckbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #2
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cavs have 4 players in the rising stars game...

Zeller is going to be a back up big man imo for the most part once the Cavs get AV back or sign/draft one with better potential.

Irving and Waiters they have there PG/SG roles locked up as well as a potential 6th man impact player role for Waiters

TT and Speights: they got the PF position locked up and Speights can fill in at centre both are good players.

They need help at the SF position Gee and Miles are both good off the bench they need a starting calibar SF.

At centre depending what they do with Andy V they should look for a better big Zeller is ok but yeah I don't know I just don't rate him at this point.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #3
chuckbuck
I airball my layups

Should have drafted Drummond this year at 3 and a SG at 12. They'd be contending for the 8 seed with Drummond at Center.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbuck
Should have drafted Drummond this year at 3and a SG at 12. They'd be contending for the 8 seed with Drummond at Center.

Theres 6 other teams that probably are thinking the same thing at this point
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has not been impressing people

Irving
Waiters
Lebron
Thompson
Zeller

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
chuckbuck
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Irving
Waiters
Lebron
Thompson
Zeller

Only if they'd have kept Lebron, you can forget about drafting Irving, Thompson, Waiters or Zeller...They'd be picking near the bottom of the first round every year.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbuck
Should have drafted Drummond this year at 3 and a SG at 12. They'd be contending for the 8 seed with Drummond at Center.

lol wut? Cavs had 4th pick and traded up their late first and their seconds for the 17th spot to take Zeller.

And no matter how good Dummond may be this year, he would not have been matching Andy V's crazy production this year.

But cavs just need to hope that this core of 4 players keeps improving, im on the team that says the cavs should try and resign speights but i don't think its going to happen. He'll probably command too much. Shaun Livingston has been great for the cavs as well. Ellington has been solid.

Cavs will probably draft a big this year with their lotto pick, And afterwards they need to sign a decent veteran wing. They are a few pieces and a year or two of experience away from making the playoffs.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputationZMonkey11 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13

And no matter how good Dummond may be this year, he would not have been matching Andy V's crazy production this year.

What does this matter? The Cavs have been talking about moving Andy V anyways. This would give them better reason to finally ship him out. Logic doesn't make sense to me.
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #9
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputation

Reminds me of the upstart Bulls teams of many years ago...

Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, etc.

Those sets of Bulls teams were good but there wasn't much leadership and the lack of experience really hurt them, I can't see Cleveland being that successful without a veteran star or former star included on their roster.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #10
DukeDelonte13

DukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDukeDelonte13 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
What does this matter? The Cavs have been talking about moving Andy V anyways. This would give them better reason to finally ship him out. Logic doesn't make sense to me.

cause the guy i quoted is saying if they would have drafted drummond the cavs would be in the playoffs this year, and i'm saying that's probably not that true because the cavs already had a really good center on the roster with kyrie and they weren't winning many games.

Last edited by DukeDelonte13 : 02-08-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #11
DukeDelonte13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR

Kirk Hinrich, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler, Jamal Crawford, etc.

Those sets of Bulls teams were good but there wasn't much leadership and the lack of experience really hurt them, I can't see Cleveland being that successful without a veteran star or former star included on their roster.
thats were the cap space comes in. Hopefully the cavs can acquire that piece in the FA market.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #12
ReturnofJPR

ReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputationReturnofJPR has a terrific reputation

Quote:
thats were the cap space comes in. Hopefully the cavs can acquire that piece in the FA market.

Just make better choices than Jalen Rose and Ben Wallace..
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
ReturnofJPR

Quote:

The free agent market works both ways. Sooner than later the Cavs' rising stars are going to want Ben Gordon-like money. Those contracts can take them right out of Cleveland and onto the Bobcats in a hurry!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR

EXCEPT the Bulls didn't have a potential superstar as the Cavs do in Irving until Rose was drafted.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: