Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Deltron3030
Kids at the park dunk on me

Deltron3030 has not been impressing people
Default Does your favorite player represent you or your generation?

Been reading this board for awhile and it seems that most posters have a favorite player, ie kobe fans or lebron fans etc. I rarely see someone who just appreciates ever player and the game itself.

With that said, does your favorite player represent you and your generation or does your favorite player change every 8-10 years depending on who comes into the league. Seems to be that an MJ fan isn't going to like a Kobe fan, a Kobe fan isn't going to like a Lebron fan and a Lebron fan might not like a KD fan. Is it a fear that their hero of their generation will be over taken by a younger and possibly better player?

** Ok basically what i was saying is that people like who is a mirror image of their own personality for the most part. Ie. Dwight lovers are probably the class clown, Kobe lovers are probably center of attention types or selfish. I can go on and on with different players, but that was my main point. My second point i was trying to make was the obvious, that people tend to like their own generation more than the next. **

Last edited by Deltron3030 : 02-27-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Deltron3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation
Default Re: Does your favorite player represent you or your generation?

t-mac, rudy gay, iggy.

doesn't really represent much, besides tmac
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Jotaro Durant
Banned

Jotaro Durant has no real reputation yet.

latest generation players my favorite are garnett and chris paul so i dunno
Jotaro Durant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
Deltron3030
Kids at the park dunk on me

Deltron3030 has not been impressing people

Probably shoulda just hit the edit button but thought what I'm about to say deserved it's own response. I think a lot of who consider to be your favorite player is almost a mere image of who you are as a person in real life. I notice a lot of my kobe friends are more "i need to be center of attention" types and are a little more selfish in general. My lebron friends are a lot more laid back and usually a wingman if we are at the bars. My MJ friends are a lot more old school, like's older genres of music and seem to appreciate hard work by their peers and themselves. All my friends who ever liked the Marburys and Iversons of the world were always more of acqaintences and for the most part were douchebags in general.

Was gonna edit my grammar, but im too lazy. Yea i use to be a C-webb fan.
Deltron3030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I was like my favorite player I'd basically be the opposite of myself.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #6
stallionaire
UNITED WE RUN #WOLVES

stallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this boardstallionaire has one of the lowest reputations on this board

My favorite player it is LeBron, so yeah.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

My favorite players are Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Jason Kidd, Tony Parker, Charles Barkley, and Derrick Rose. In a sense, I pretty much have a personality type similar to these guys, except Chuck. lol
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

I have no idea what you're saying. My favorite players are Tmac, John Stockton, and Joe Dumars.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #9
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Michael Jordan, Kevin Garnett, Al Jefferson...their generation
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation

TOP 3

1. Michael Jordan

2. Scottie Pippen

3. Derrick Rose (will eventually be #2)

These players do represent me because they are old-school, and I am too. The most beautiful thing in sports can be simply just letting your game do the talking for you.

Besides always being a Bulls fan, as a kid I loved Shaq and Penny big time, and Kevin Garnett, and i always had some mad respect for Mike Bibby trying to take on the 2000's Lakers by himself at times in the crunch.

But then I grew up and realized supporting your hometown team and the players on your team is more important than anything. Its more rewarding to go through the ups and downs with your squad instead of jumping ship like so many bandwagon fans of the world.

I have plenty of friends born and raised in Chicagoland that are die hard Bulls fans but have pathetic obsessions for Kobe which turned them into Bulls/Laker fans.... that shit does not cut it for me. You win and lose with your team, you don't have a backup team you also like that you can root for when your hometown team loses, especially when you only like that team cuz of 1 player.

If i had to pick another team to watch for fun, it might be GS cuz i like Monta and Stephen.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron3030
Been reading this board for awhile and it seems that most posters have a favorite player, ie kobe fans or lebron fans etc. I rarely see someone who just appreciates ever player and the game itself.

With that said, does your favorite player represent you and your generation or does your favorite player change every 8-10 years depending on who comes into the league. Seems to be that an MJ fan isn't going to like a Kobe fan, a Kobe fan isn't going to like a Lebron fan and a Lebron fan might not like a KD fan. Is it a fear that their hero of their generation will be over taken by a younger and possibly better player?

** Ok basically what i was saying is that people like who is a mirror image of their own personality for the most part. Ie. Dwight lovers are probably the class clown, Kobe lovers are probably center of attention types or selfish. I can go on and on with different players, but that was my main point. My second point i was trying to make was the obvious, that people tend to like their own generation more than the next. **

So basically, what you're saying is Kobe Fans are delusional? All you need is about a week of reading the front page headlines to know that much. And yes, Kobe's delusional too. He actually believes every shot he throws up is going in, no matter what spot on the court, or who's guarding him.

Magic and Jordan fan for the Old School, Duncan, AI and KG for the "Last" school, Wade, Durant and Rose for the New School.

Honorable mention J-Lin for the underdogs of the world (remembering my childhood days).

Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

wenll my favorite player has been kobe since i was like 10... i have always been a lakers fan and i just liked him more than shaq before them i liked eddie jones when he played for the lakers but kobe was really my first fav player.

however this year my new favorite player is ricky rubio. he is the epitomy of a pg to me and extremely unselfish. he plays the game exactly like i try to play the game completely unselfish yet flashy. he is magic esk in that regaurd. bringing out the most in your teammates is exactly what i try and do... kobe just doesnt do that i mean maybe they play a little harder based off of fear of his wrath, but its not the genuine desire timberwolves players have due to rubio. also his game isnt based off athleticism which is always something i appreciate.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: