Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-29-2012, 01:43 AM   #16
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: WTF Clippers offense and WTF Vinny Del Negro

I usually don't attach negative emotions too much to basketball games but this game today made me

WTF is wrong with this team. Why don't they continue with successful actions throughout a game? Makes no sense at all. It's not like the Timberwolves all of a sudden figured out how to defend him.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #17
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
I usually don't attach negative emotions too much to basketball games but this game today made me

WTF is wrong with this team. Why don't they continue with successful actions throughout a game? Makes no sense at all. It's not like the Timberwolves all of a sudden figured out how to defend him.

It's why I'm so pissed. They keep giving games away. The last 5-7 games or so it's like they don't even care. In all of the games they have control early and let teams back into it. They pushed the lead to 10 or 11 like 3 times. No excuse to not only give that up and lose... but to lose by 12 or 14. Downright sad. Wolves punched the Clippers in the balls and laughed at them and the Clippers took it like little bit*hes.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:52 AM   #18
FireDavidKahn
Decent college freshman

FireDavidKahn is considered somewhat coolFireDavidKahn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Well, Dorko did shut down Blake in the first meeting and was put on him in the 4th tonight. I'm not saying because Dorko is the worst player in the NBA, but im just saying...
FireDavidKahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:56 AM   #19
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Well, Dorko did shut down Blake in the first meeting and was put on him in the 4th tonight. I'm not saying because Dorko is the worst player in the NBA, but im just saying...
And Griffin shut down Love.

Darko> GRIFFIN > Love

b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #20
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
It's why I'm so pissed. They keep giving games away. The last 5-7 games or so it's like they don't even care. In all of the games they have control early and let teams back into it. They pushed the lead to 10 or 11 like 3 times. No excuse to not only give that up and lose... but to lose by 12 or 14. Downright sad. Wolves punched the Clippers in the balls and laughed at them and the Clippers took it like little bit*hes.

It's why the Clippers point differential is mediocre despite the good record. They stop sticking with successful actions. Other teams get back into the games way too soon and a lot of victories end up being just squeezed out in the 4th quarter. Completely unnecessary. And, as homerish as this sounds, A LOT of times this involves acting like Blake is invisible for prolonged stretches.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #21
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Darko has always been a good defender. People rip him because of his weak offense and expectations being the 2nd pick but if it's one thing he does well it's play D. He blocks shots and he plays physical, in your face D. He's also very long so of course he bothers Griffin's shots.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #22
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

how did the Clippers lose when CP3 and Blake having great games and Kevin Love and Rubio having garbage games?
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #23
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Clips wanted a coach with no/little experience, should've given Sam I Am a chance.

Fans loved him and he seemed to enjoy being a Clipper.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:03 AM   #24
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
It's why the Clippers point differential is mediocre despite the good record. They stop sticking with successful actions. Other teams get back into the games way too soon and a lot of victories end up being just squeezed out in the 4th quarter. Completely unnecessary. And, as homerish as this sounds, A LOT of times this involves acting like Blake is invisible for prolonged stretches.

What should also be noted is how bad Clippers bench D is. It's like the worst lineup possible on D. Nobody can defend worth a sh** off the bench besides K Mart.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
how did the Clippers lose when CP3 and Blake having great games and Kevin Love and Rubio having garbage games?

Great question. If somebody told you.... CP3 and Griffin were going to dominate... Rubio and Love would be shutdown..you'd assume Clippers won big. Till you learn that prime Pippen and Jordan suited up against us tonight (Beasley/Williams).

Wolves had like 73 bench points which is INSANE.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:13 AM   #26
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Great question. If somebody told you.... CP3 and Griffin were going to dominate... Rubio and Love would be shutdown..you'd assume Clippers won big. Till you learn that prime Pippen and Jordan suited up against us tonight (Beasley/Williams).

Wolves had like 73 bench points which is INSANE.

Vinny Del Negro isnt that good of a coach. At Least when he was in Chicago.

Experts thought he did a great job coaching that that Boston series but reality is that Del Harris was one of the assistant coaches.

He's still young though.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #27
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Clippersfan, I thought Vinny was a lock for COTY and a very solid/underrated coach, who's twice as good as Brooks
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:22 AM   #28
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Clippersfan, I thought Vinny was a lock for COTY and a very solid/underrated coach, who's twice as good as Brooks

I said that before the season started. I didn't realize just how bad the guy was. Last year I blamed the players... but now I see his huge errors I admitted I was wrong about this very early in the season. You should never feel like you're winning in SPITE of your coach... which is how I feel.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #29
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I said that before the season started. I didn't realize just how bad the guy was. Last year I blamed the players... but now I see his huge errors I admitted I was wrong about this very early in the season. You should never feel like you're winning in SPITE of your coach... which is how I feel.
Yeah I've never been a fan of the guy. The Bulls saw a huge turnaround when he was replaced with Thibs.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #30
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Yeah I've never been a fan of the guy. The Bulls saw a huge turnaround when he was replaced with Thibs.

When I watch the Bulls.. my first thought is EXCELLENT execution. When you look at great teams like the Mavs, Spurs, Lakers (Phil Jackson), Celtics (couple years ago) in recent times... you see the impact a good coach has. It's no coincidence that these teams are always in the right spots.. and are consistent on both ends of the floor. That comes from having elite coaches and a great game plan.

It's also no coincidence that the Clippers allow a bench player to have a career high against them seemingly every game. That's a result of bad game planning and not preparing for all possible circumstances.

Even as recent as this offseason I thought coaching was overrated. Now I'm seeing how wrong I was. Obviously you can skate by and win without a good coach... but you WILL NOT get close to winning a title without a solid-good coach. Vinny's errors like his rotations have cost us at least 3-4 W's and I'm positive of that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: