Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #31
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: lakers turned down Beasley

Am I the only one who doesn't wanna mess with our core? In my opinion, keep Bynum/Gasol/Kobe, use the TE and a 1st rounder to get Sessions, have a left over 1st rounder in a deep draft and sign someone for the MLE...imo it gives us one more run at a title. Who's to say we don't go deep in this playoffs either? Motivated Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum...we have an ok chance to make the WCF at least, maybe even finals. Lord knows I have my hopes up for a CHAMPIONSHIP

Also, since McRoberts gets no playing time, why not ask Memphis for Mayo? We know they like McBob, and Mayo would be awesome for our bench.
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #32
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
No.

Raymond Sessions is worth 1 first round pick though and 8 mill per year (salary doubled since we are over the cap).

I think the Lakers are waiting for a bigger and better deal. They don't want to rush on some minor deal and lose a chip for a bigger deal they could have pulled off later. It's not like Cavs are desperate to trade Sessions.. We can always get him on the trade deadline day if we want him then.

But you have to ask yourself, what other PGs in the market are better than Sessions right now? Rondo? and I'm not sure about you but I'd actually prefer Sessions because we wouldn't have to give up Gasol. If the Cavs are only asking for one 1st round pick, I'd say the Lakers should take it. If they only make one trade this season, I can live with it being the 1st rounder for Sessions. Lakers would have a legitimate shot at the title.

PG: Sessions/Blake/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Goudelock
SF: Peace/Barnes/Kapono
PF: Gasol/Wallace?/McRoberts
C: Bynum/Murphy

Please Mitch, please
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #33
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
No.

Raymond Sessions is worth 1 first round pick though and 8 mill per year (salary doubled since we are over the cap).

I think the Lakers are waiting for a bigger and better deal. They don't want to rush on some minor deal and lose a chip for a bigger deal they could have pulled off later. It's not like Cavs are desperate to trade Sessions.. We can always get him on the trade deadline day if we want him then.

Yeah, I have to agree that they are waiting to score a big deal.....I question Jimmy's ability to pull one off......I am NOT questioning Mitch's ability.

WTF, Beasley's contract is only 6.3 million this season......prorated the Lakers would only be paying him approx 2.7 to 3 million for this season. He would be a restricted free agent at the end of the season ONLY if we make a qualifying offer. Next year he'd make 8 million if we qualify him....but then Walton is an expirer.......if you do the math....we saved 8.9 million on Odom.....subtract that from the 11 million we'd pay for 1 1/2 year on Beasley and the difference is only 2 million........real chump change for the Lakers.

To think we'd turn those draft picks into anything of value is Just look at our recent history with draft picks below #13 complete and utter waste of time garbage!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #34
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, I have to agree that they are waiting to score a big deal.....I question Jimmy's ability to pull one off......I am NOT questioning Mitch's ability.

WTF, Beasley's contract is only 6.3 million this season......prorated the Lakers would only be paying him approx 2.7 to 3 million for this season. He would be a restricted free agent at the end of the season ONLY if we make a qualifying offer. Next year he'd make 8 million if we qualify him....but then Walton is an expirer.......if you do the math....we saved 8.9 million on Odom.....subtract that from the 11 million we'd pay for 1 1/2 year on Beasley and the difference is only 2 million........real chump change for the Lakers.

To think we'd turn those draft picks into anything of value is Just look at our recent history with draft picks below #13 complete and utter waste of time garbage!!!!!
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #35
DKLaker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._ draft_picks

This list of Lakers Draft picks is SCARY!!!!! Some of the names look like a joke.

Even guys we liked like Turiaf....he's averaging 1.5 ppg and 3 rebounds.

Cheikh Samb???

Chinemelu Elonu????

Chukwudiebere Maduabum??? Mad Bum???

Ater Majok????

Last edited by DKLaker : 03-03-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #36
DKLaker

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...ize_up_laflin/

Never saw this before.....this has to be a joke......isn't it?????
Old 03-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #37
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
No.

I don't believe so either. Beasley would cost the Lakers 9.4 million for the remainder of this season alone. Sessions would be around 6.3 for the remainder of the season. Only down side is Sessions has a player option for next season which makes him harder to lose if it doesn't work out but still worth the gamble
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #38
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...ize_up_laflin/

Never saw this before.....this has to be a joke......isn't it?????
Old news, Jeanie Buss hire. She's gone now
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #39
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

This list of Lakers Draft picks is SCARY!!!!! Some of the names look like a joke.

Cheikh Samb???

Chinemelu Elonu????

Ater Majok????

the guys you listed are all 2nd rounders....Other than couple of guys from 2nd rounder...nobody has a shot of being anything
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #40
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Cheikh Samb???

Chinemelu Elonu????

Ater Majok????

lmao okay I laughed really loud at "mad bum".

Turiaf was really good on the lakers though. He was a piece that fit right in because he did all the dirty work, and when he was new to the team, he seemingly hit all his jumpers. I felt that after a while he stopped hitting them though, which became a pain to watch.

But I liked Turiaf as a pick, and I liked even more how the lakers paid for his surgery. He recovered so fast from that heart surgery. Played after 3 months.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #41
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
the guys you listed are all 2nd rounders....Other than couple of guys from 2nd rounder...nobody has a shot of being anything

You are taking that way too seriously......I was having fun with the names.....Mad Bum Lakerfreak got it

Tell me how well our 1st round picks have done???

Yeah....I was sad to see Turiaf go.......but he hasn't developed any NBA value.

I didn't go far enough with it, shoulda said...Chuck would die for a beer MAD BUM
(Chukwudiebere Maduabum).

Last edited by DKLaker : 03-04-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #42
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man..

I seen sessions play yesterday and he just RUNS an offense.
He can score and defend and doesn't do too much.

Point of this post; I WANT THIS FUC.KER ON OUR TEAM!!!!

The way we played today? I've said before and I'll say it again: a quality pg will not only shine with us but will do wonders for us
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #43
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Man..

I seen sessions play yesterday and he just RUNS an offense.
He can score and defend and doesn't do too much.

Point of this post; I WANT THIS FUC.KER ON OUR TEAM!!!!

The way we played today? I've said before and I'll say it again: a quality pg will not only shine with us but will do wonders for us

Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #44
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Wink Re: lakers turned down Beasley

If the Lakers turned down Beasley for a first round pick they are crazy. I could see why they wouldn't want to give up 2 first rounders for him. It's pretty clear they're trying to save some money and aren't putting as much emphasis on winning. Those two first rounders are guaranteed contracts though.... While Beasley wouldn't solve all of LA's problems if they added him it would help things out, and if they somehow landed a PG too they would be the favorites. Beasley would be the best SF the Lakers would have had on their team in a long time, and it's not like things have been all that bad in that position (until the inconsistency this year of course). I think at the right price (like a 1st rounder and the trade exception) it's a no brainer though. He's a young guy who has proven he can score well and still hasn't reached his full potential yet. When Minnesota drafted Williams they knew they would have to trade him. It's not like they have a ton of leverage here. There's other issues they need to address. I think a first round pick would help out their team quite a bit. If they can land a solid SG this year in the draft with one of their picks they're going to be a tough team in the West. If I were them I would just draft all SG's and hope one of them turns out to be something good, lol.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #45
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

I doubt Beasley's gonna make a difference anyways...
Point Guard is still Priority. Matt Barnes has been pretty decent this season, and Artest/World Peace was a pleasant surprise last game.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: