Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 02-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default WTF is wrong with Bagnani?

Let me be clear, I don't really care that we are losing, I'm down with the tank. But how on earth can Bargnani still be injured? Wasn't it just a calf injury?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: WTF is wrong with Bagnani?

I also want to know this. I just know he re-injured it pretty badly during that Utah game
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

who knows

either there's structural damage and they're hiding it or it's fine and they're telling him he can't play on it, even though he could
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

I'm guessing they're just taking their time with the healing. No point on rushing him back anyways, nothing to play for this season.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
I'm guessing they're just taking their time with the healing. No point on rushing him back anyways, nothing to play for this season.

I'd guess that this is the case, more than anything.... also I'm sure that there are some winks and nods going on with him and his rehab time. There's no doubt this team wins more games with AB in the line-up, playing like he was playing.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #6
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

It makes sense that they are being extra careful because its a lost season anyway, but if he's an integral part of our future, which it looks like he is, he should be on the court and learning Casey's systems (especially the defensive ones) as much as possible. The shortened training camp and limited practice time due to the lockout is making things hard enough as it is.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
It makes sense that they are being extra careful because its a lost season anyway, but if he's an integral part of our future, which it looks like he is, he should be on the court and learning Casey's systems (especially the defensive ones) as much as possible. The shortened training camp and limited practice time due to the lockout is making things hard enough as it is.

With the shortened season over half over, it seems that since there isn't much left, it would be best to save him for when he is needed. With a full season and wider spread games, along with our pick, Val, and whatever trades seem to happen between now and next season, I think we might be looking at a different structure altogether. Mind you, still don't like Bargs but if hes gonna be here, might as well make sure he is healthy and doing something productive...
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

hopefully he gets rested for the entire season and we give enough playing time to everyone else. let those guys get enough playing time while losing as well. i want those lottery balls man. I seriously feel like lilbeastnani thinking about all those balls.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #9
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

When the calf injury occured the second time I really think the medical staff and Casey decided it's in the best interest to make sure the calf is healed 100% and in the medical world who knows how long it takes to get back to 100% as opposed to what we think/feel what 100% is.

I do think they're lying though saying Bargnani hasn't practiced with the team yet...why did he travel with the team then???? I just think they don't want to make it blatantly obvious that we're tanking.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
hassano
High School Varsity 12th Man

hassano has decent reputationhassano has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
When the calf injury occured the second time I really think the medical staff and Casey decided it's in the best interest to make sure the calf is healed 100% and in the medical world who knows how long it takes to get back to 100% as opposed to what we think/feel what 100% is.

I do think they're lying though saying Bargnani hasn't practiced with the team yet...why did he travel with the team then???? I just think they don't want to make it blatantly obvious that we're tanking.

I think Casey imposed that all injured players travel with the team, to increase morale and keep them within the atmosphere of the locker room or something.
I doubt they could lie about him practicing, especially with all the media exposure NBA teams get nowadays.
hassano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Bargs came to shootaround today says Casey in the morning scuffle. His return is close. Casey says he's not going to rush him back just to win a game because Bargs future and health is more important right now. Basically comfirming the tank
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Think its more of a tank issue.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBurningHammer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The presence of Bargnani on the court will only increase Raptors winning chance. Is that good or bad, I will pretend not to know.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
TMAC-RAPTORS
Sharpshooter

TMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat coolTMAC-RAPTORS is considered somewhat cool

Another question that could be asked is that if Bargnani stayed healthy, would we be battling Newyork/Boston for a playoff spot? In the 13 games he played in, the raptors for 6/7 and the team had no where to go but up (getting use to the new system, gelling).
TMAC-RAPTORS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think we're a playoff team with Bargnani. I think Boston and NY will improve with time and we probably would've faded out because with or without Bargnani there is not a lot of talent on this roster. I feel like even in this shortened season, the record by seasons end would accurately reflect the players on this team.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: