Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #256
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012 MLS Thread

Coming back to San Jose!
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #257
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Will Bruin

Houston Dynamo moved on to the next round, beating Chicago Fire 2-1 with Bruin scored both goals.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #258
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Will Bruin

Houston Dynamo moved on to the next round, beating Chicago Fire 2-1 with Bruin scored both goals.

Houston is a always a scary team come playoff time. They play great defense and control the tempo of the game which in playoff games are crucial.

For the NYRB-DC match the venues got switched due to the hurricane, they should atleast push the match at RBA to the following Saturday as shit here is bad(even worst in NJ..).. I'm not scared of DCU the slightest bit and I think we'll get by them easily. I believe DeRo is hurt and DC loves to bench their best striker(Salihi) for some odd reason. Our lineup has also seemed to gel the last two games of the season and it has became more defensive minded(although we have some great offensive talent). But my main concern is the backline... Marquez has been shit for his whole career here but he has picked it up these past two games and if he's the key for our success, our backline can't leak goals or it's over. One area of concern is our backline is slow as shit but I don't think DC can't exploit that as they aren't a strong offensive team.

I do like our chances and I think we'll make it out of the east TBH(as long as we don't play Houston) We've played SKC extremely well this season and DCU isn't a really strong side.

Kaiteng, what's new with TFC? How did some of your guys perform? Any breakouts from the young players on your side? Any word on the new coach? Hans Backe could be a candidate for you guys if he gets fired(good chance if we fail in the playoffs) and although I don't really like him he's done a great job when the talent was subpar.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #259
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My picks for the other matches:
LA v Van
SEA v RSL (However, if EJ doesn't play both matches the favor goes to RSL)
HOU v SKC
LA* v SJ(tough one...)

All these matchups are good and very balanced.. I don't even consider SJ to be favorites despite winning the SS, i can easily see LA stealing that one. If I was to bet on a match it would be for NYRB beating DC.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #260
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will be in front of the TV definitely saturday night and are excited for the DC/NY Fixture. I like the playoffs even though it's not like most leagues, it adds a lot to it. I hope NY does well, last year was very dissapointing. (Yes Knickballer i have been watching, i even got to a match this year...)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #261
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'll try to catch some of the Whitecaps - Galaxy game. WFC have a lot of pace with Mattocks and Richards...I'll be rooting for the Galaxy though. Youngsters Jack McBean and Jose Villareal could be on senior national team in a few years.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #262
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I'll try to catch some of the Whitecaps - Galaxy game. WFC have a lot of pace with Mattocks and Richards...I'll be rooting for the Galaxy though. Youngsters Jack McBean and Jose Villareal could be on senior national team in a few years.

McBean hasn't gotten any PT this season at all, it's really difficult to gauge how young mls players will develop..

I'm going on a tangent here but some young MLS talent that I think will be future players for the Senior squad(not counting the established youngsters): Ryan Meara(GK, NYRB, next tim howard), Louis Gill(M, RSL), Jack McInerry(F, PHI), Diego Fagundez(F, NE), Omar Salgado(F, VAN), Connor Lade(D-M, NYRB, depends on his long term position) and Will Bruin(F, Hous, has broke out this year w/14 goals)

Then we have the Brek Shea's and the Juan Agudelo. I've watched all of Agudelo's game with the NYRB and his talent/skill level for a player for his age was phenomenal, I never saw a young american have the ability to control, dribble and create with the ball like he has.. However, injuries and supposed poor work ethic is hampering his potential. I still think he's the long term option for us and i'd easily take him over Boyd. Going to Chivas was the best for him and if he can break out next year watch out..
Old 11-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #263
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Kaiteng, what's new with TFC?
None. They still suck.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #264
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
The thing is that Caps couldn't beat Galaxy in 3 meetings this season.

The Caps should better play tough and slow. A PK shootout would be fine by them.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #265
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Donovan doesn't seem to have the heart to play anymore apparently

http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/20...nal-team-role/
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #266
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Donovan doesn't seem to have the heart to play anymore apparently

http://www.insidesocal.com/soccer/20...nal-team-role/

He's been like that since May.. I heard if he doesn't move to Everton he might call it quits altogether.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #267
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Just catching Whitecaps vs Galaxy, Mattocks, FTW!! 1-0 Caps!!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #268
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Wow, the ref blew a PK for Galaxy. They get a very close free kick instead though. Becks time.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #269
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Whitecaps escape the first half with 1-0 lead. At this pace, Galaxy will very likely get at least a goal. DeMerit and Co. should better watch them out.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #270
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
McBean hasn't gotten any PT this season at all, it's really difficult to gauge how young mls players will develop..

I'm going on a tangent here but some young MLS talent that I think will be future players for the Senior squad(not counting the established youngsters): Ryan Meara(GK, NYRB, next tim howard), Louis Gill(M, RSL), Jack McInerry(F, PHI), Diego Fagundez(F, NE), Omar Salgado(F, VAN), Connor Lade(D-M, NYRB, depends on his long term position) and Will Bruin(F, Hous, has broke out this year w/14 goals)

Then we have the Brek Shea's and the Juan Agudelo. I've watched all of Agudelo's game with the NYRB and his talent/skill level for a player for his age was phenomenal, I never saw a young american have the ability to control, dribble and create with the ball like he has.. However, injuries and supposed poor work ethic is hampering his potential. I still think he's the long term option for us and i'd easily take him over Boyd. Going to Chivas was the best for him and if he can break out next year watch out..

Yeah I don't expect him to play today but I just saw McBean play for the first time against a bad team from El Salvador in CCL and I was impressed at his positioning for a 17 year old (scored a brace). He looks like he has the makings of a solid target man if he continues to develop. The Union are my hometown team and I've seen some good things from Jack McInerney as well.

I've heard a lot of about Luis Gil, who would you compare him to?

Boyd isn't very technically skilled but he's a bull up front. He's very strong and athletic and a good finisher, I think he's got a lot of room for improvement.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: