Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #331
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2012 MLS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Henry deserves better. Kenny Cooper and Rafa Marquez are the mistakes. They are both anti-clutch.
I don't watch that much so i apoligize if this is wrong but wtf is wrong with Marquez? He underachives, he's more likely to get sent off for doing something stupid than making a good play.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #332
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I don't watch that much so i apoligize if this is wrong but wtf is wrong with Marquez? He underachives, he's more likely to get sent off for doing something stupid than making a good play.
Here's one proof that Rafa is anti-clutch, at least in MLS. This shit happened in the playoff last year.

He put himself out of the second game against Galaxy, throwing a ball at Landon Donovan. Then that flop happened right after, trying to get Juninho out the next game too.

NYRB lost at the end.

Last edited by kaiteng : 11-08-2012 at 11:00 PM.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #333
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Here's one proof that Rafa is anti-clutch, at least in MLS. This shit happened in the playoff last year.

He put himself out of the second game against Galaxy, throwing a ball at Landon Donovan. Then that flop happened right after, trying to get Juninho out the next game too.

NYRB lost at the end.

I saw that too. I've seen him in other games essentially look like he wants to get thrown out.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #334
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sounders vs RSL is also on!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #335
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We just snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Typical Marquez bullshit. This guy has been the worst defender in the MLS for his duration and he delivers his typical BS in the biggest game of the year.

As for the PK that was BS as well as the encroachment had nothing to do with the PK. You don't make that call in the biggest game of the year, I wonder the backlash would be if that same call was made in a World Cup Finals.. I don't even blame Cooper as he waited like 20 min to take the FK and he did his job.(remember Henry doesn't take PK's as he kept on missing them)

I can't believe we lost. We had a PK, 1 man advantage to only see us miss the PK, go down a man subsequently and give up a goal. If this was fifa I'd probably smash the game in half
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #336
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Henry deserves better. Kenny Cooper and Rafa Marquez are the mistakes. They are both anti-clutch.

Henry is too blame as well.. Why did Roy ****ING miller take that FK? Why isn't Henry taking the PK? Oh, it's because he doesn't want to choke like Cooper and Miller.

Not to mention it's rumored that he kinda runs the team and influences the manager's selections at times.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #337
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

And there you have it!

Eastern Conf. Final: Houston Dynamo vs DC United

Western Conf. Final: LA Galaxy vs Seattle Sounders

DCU is the only surprising one, but they may have Dwayne De Rosario back very soon, which is gonna be a huge boost to the team.

I would love to see the Sounders to win it all for the first time, but my boy DeRo may change my mind.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:18 AM   #338
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

We just snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Typical Marquez bullshit. This guy has been the worst defender in the MLS for his duration and he delivers his typical BS in the biggest game of the year.

As for the PK that was BS as well as the encroachment had nothing to do with the PK. You don't make that call in the biggest game of the year, I wonder the backlash would be if that same call was made in a World Cup Finals.. I don't even blame Cooper as he waited like 20 min to take the FK and he did his job.(remember Henry doesn't take PK's as he kept on missing them)

I can't believe we lost. We had a PK, 1 man advantage to only see us miss the PK, go down a man subsequently and give up a goal. If this was fifa I'd probably smash the game in half
At the PK travesty, I heard the fact that Cooper was 10 for 10 for PKs this season, until this, while Henry only attempt once and missed it.

People can ****ed up at the penalty spot sometimes even the best in the world, but when your team is up by a man and you know so well that you have your name in the yellow book, in the game that important, you should better be a lot more careful than that. All the blames will go to Cooper but Rafa is the one who should take them all.
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #339
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningHammer
At the PK travesty, I heard the fact that Cooper was 10 for 10 for PKs this season, until this, while Henry only attempt once and missed it.

People can ****ed up at the penalty spot sometimes even the best in the world, but when your team is up by a man and you know so well that you have your name in the yellow book, in the game that important, you should better be a lot more careful than that. All the blames will go to Cooper but Rafa is the one who should take them all.

I still don't blame Cooper. The dude has busts his balls on the pitch 100% despite being toyed with by Backe, he's a clinical finisher and he's a bull. Previously to the missed PK he was playing solid and it's tough to convert two consecutive PK's in a situation like that. As for Henry not taking PK's he has deferred taking the PK on the spot to Luke Rogers, Rafa Marquez, DeRo(when he was here) and I think even Joel Lindpere last year. He simply doesn't want the pressure on taking the PK's and why on earth would he let Roy ****ing miller take the FK at the end? You would think a player of his caliber and pedigree wouldn't let a peasant take a crucial shot.. It's not like Miller can hit those he's god damn awful and probably the second worst defender in the league after Marquez.

Even after the missed PK we were still in a position to atleast scrape out a draw until penalty shootout if not eventually scoring a late winner but Marquez pulls out his typical bullshit which basically loses all of our momentum.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 AM   #340
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

For the first legs of MLS Cup Conference Final, Galaxy won 3-0 against Sounders while Dynamo beat DCU 3-1. Robbie Keane netted two goals while Will Bruin got one.

Either Keane or Bruin should be MVP of the Playoff.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #341
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

^^
Robbie Keane is just amazing. I'm shocked how LA got a player like in him last season and in his prime. One of the best DP signings a team can make and hopefully we'll get more players like him next year.

Also, Mike Mcgee has been playing great as well. He's Mr.November

Looks like a LA vs Houston rematch? Should be fun
Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #342
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Dynamoooooooooo!
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #343
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

So, according to one of the best NA soccer writer around, New York Red Bulls, who just fired Hans Backe a couple days ago, is as dysfunctional as Toronto FC.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:12 AM   #344
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looks like galaxy and dynamo are our most likely finalists.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #345
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

Houston Dynamo is back to MLS Cup Final, beating DC United 4-2 on aggregate.

Wow, Dynamo sure has a very strong management that has somehow maintained the team's quality since its inaugural season 7 years ago.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: