Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default Giants Coach Tim Coughlin signs Extension

Didn't see this one coming. Thought for sure he was going to see the door. Guess since the coaching ranks are thin he's better than nothing. Still willing to put my money on if the Giants have a dysmal start, he's out of there. Maybe by week 7.

I am Glove_20's b!tch

Last edited by TEXAS BATMAN : 01-10-2007 at 01:04 PM.
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Coughlin is a supposed discipline coach with one of the most undisciplined, dysfunctional team in the league. Throw in the fact that the franchise QB they gave up 2 1st rounders for hasn't really shown progression and extending him just doesn't make any sense.

New York is becoming a Jets town more and more. This is just extending mediocrity.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 12:55 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,215
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Coughlin is a supposed discipline coach with one of the most undisciplined, dysfunctional team in the league. Throw in the fact that the franchise QB they gave up 2 1st rounders for hasn't really shown progression and extending him just doesn't make any sense.

New York is becoming a Jets town more and more. This is just extending mediocrity.

Eli Manning & Plaxico Burress for Philiph Rivers, Nate Kaeding, Shawn Merriman

Tom Coughlin works initially but his act wears off. I'm shocked he signed an extension and 'm bout to hit up the Giants board to see whats being said. I swore he was good as gone.

Ernie Acorsi needs to retire.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
TEXAS BATMAN
Retired.
 
TEXAS BATMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mount Olympus
Posts: 813
TEXAS BATMAN has decent reputationTEXAS BATMAN has decent reputation
Default

Well, if they decide to let him go, who are they going to replace him with? I still don't agree with bringing back the coach who's team quit on him during the latter part of the season. It's like the Giants are mailing the season already.

First sign of trouble, tough home loss, losing streak, the NY media is gonna castrate him, players will second guess him, it'll be a feeding frenzy. Sometimes to right the ship, you have to change the captain.

I am Glove 20's b!tch
TEXAS BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:12 PM   #5
bballer
bballer
 
bballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,339
bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation
Default

i though he was done, fired, astalivista baby
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #6
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,733
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Eli Manning & Plaxico Burress for Philiph Rivers, Nate Kaeding, Shawn Merriman

Tom Coughlin works initially but his act wears off. I'm shocked he signed an extension and 'm bout to hit up the Giants board to see whats being said. I swore he was good as gone.

Ernie Acorsi needs to retire.

His act only wore off because they weren't winning. When they were winning everyone was praising him left to right, but when they started to go in a slump, everyone said he was too "tough".

You'll never see people say Parcells or Bellicheck are to hard on the players, because they won more, it had nothing to do base on his act, rather it depended on his success.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,215
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
His act only wore off because they weren't winning. When they were winning everyone was praising him left to right, but when they started to go in a slump, everyone said he was too "tough".

You'll never see people say Parcells or Bellicheck are to hard on the players, because they won more, it had nothing to do base on his act, rather it depended on his success.

No his act wore thin when they were winning. And it wasnt his toughness. Here is an example...bashing your star RB for going out and criticizing the team/coaches. Ok Tom, keep things in house dont bash anyone from the NYG. Gotcha. Following week? Tom gets up there and KILLS Eli Manning in the press. Hmmm thats hypocritical. How can you tell Tiki dont do it then turn around and do it?

He's rubbed the players last year, training camp, and this season during the win streak. This isnt a "Oh they are losing this is why.". Its his personality and his style. He wont change. He did it in Jax WHEN they were winning. The veterans who been in the league for years flat out didnt like him. Things fell on a deaf ear. This isnt rookies...these are vets.

Tom is only good for small doses. After awhile he wears out his welcome. **** Vermeil was a hardass...having 2 a days in practice and the team told him to cut them some slack. But they were losing. Why cut them slack? He took thier advice and cut them some slack. He didnt soften up, he just changed a few things but continued to be a hard ass. **** ends up winning a SB in Stl. Go figure. There are petty things also with Tom Coughlin. Bunch of small things he repimands players for that is ridiculous.

Next time follow Tom Coughlin career closely especially with NY. Because you're clueless to the guy obviously.


Sidenote: Frank Gore can now get my respect.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:53 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,912
Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default

Ernie Acorsi is retiring or has retired...
It makes no sense to fire the coach without having a GM in place so they gave him a 1 year extension... Once they have a new GM unless there is someone out there the GM feels they must have now he will live with the coach for now... Once they have a GM in place they will give Coughlin a chance to prove he can win next year regardless of injuries (although I believe a coach should be able to win regardless of the roster in most cases)...
If you are a Giants fan you understand that the team does not have a deep roster so all the injuries they had the past 2 years in the second half of the season contributed to the loses...
Its not Coughlin's fault they gave up so much for Manning and he has not progressed the past 2 years...

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS!
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.
 
shafir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,334
shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Im really pissed right now, what has Coughlin done to justify giving him an extension? Also, why on earth did the Giants reject Parcell's offer to be their GM?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #10
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,733
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
No his act wore thin when they were winning. And it wasnt his toughness. Here is an example...bashing your star RB for going out and criticizing the team/coaches. Ok Tom, keep things in house dont bash anyone from the NYG. Gotcha. Following week? Tom gets up there and KILLS Eli Manning in the press. Hmmm thats hypocritical. How can you tell Tiki dont do it then turn around and do it?

He's rubbed the players last year, training camp, and this season during the win streak. This isnt a "Oh they are losing this is why.". Its his personality and his style. He wont change. He did it in Jax WHEN they were winning. The veterans who been in the league for years flat out didnt like him. Things fell on a deaf ear. This isnt rookies...these are vets.

Tom is only good for small doses. After awhile he wears out his welcome. **** Vermeil was a hardass...having 2 a days in practice and the team told him to cut them some slack. But they were losing. Why cut them slack? He took thier advice and cut them some slack. He didnt soften up, he just changed a few things but continued to be a hard ass. **** ends up winning a SB in Stl. Go figure. There are petty things also with Tom Coughlin. Bunch of small things he repimands players for that is ridiculous.

Next time follow Tom Coughlin career closely especially with NY. Because you're clueless to the guy obviously.


Sidenote: Frank Gore can now get my respect.

He's a hardass no doubt and he's stubborn as hell, and at his age, he'll never change. But, when Fassel coach the team they were undisciplined and players thought he was too relax. They bring in Coughlin the first year, and players thought he was too tough and what not. Next year, they start winning games, and he's considered a great coach, because that's what winning does.

This year they start off great, hell people thought they were Superbowl favs : , but then they started to lose games and all of sudden people want him fired.

, why would you fire him when Tiki has had his best years with him, hall of fame number type of years. And he's taken a team that only a few years ago had 4 win, to the playoffs 2 consecutive years. Players need to shut up and play, he's shown to be a good coach. As for the Jags, they were an expansion team and have only regressed since Tom left.

Oh yeah, with Tiki gone, Gore will be the 2nd or 3rd best in the RB next year. And on another side note, I hope Garcia wins or comes close to winning the Superbowl just to expose how overrated Mcnabb is.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 PM   #11
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,215
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
Oh yeah, with Tiki gone, Gore will be the 2nd or 3rd best in the RB next year. And on another side note, I hope Garcia wins or comes close to winning the Superbowl just to expose how overrated Mcnabb is.

2nd or 3rd RB? Good one! Like to see how Gore is any more better than Steven Jackson. And moreso Brian Westbrook.

Expose how overrated he is? How so when the team is doing these things...

1. Running the ball more than passing
2. Dropped passes have ceased
3. Defense is playing better

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #12
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?
 
ALBballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,733
ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
2nd or 3rd RB? Good one! Like to see how Gore is any more better than Steven Jackson. And moreso Brian Westbrook.

Expose how overrated he is? How so when the team is doing these things...

1. Running the ball more than passing
2. Dropped passes have ceased
3. Defense is playing better


McNabb for the majority of his career has had a set team around him. A great defense, a good line, and they've usually have had a good RB, yet, he was the one getting the credit even though the defense would allows put the team in the position to win the game. I'm not saying he's a bad QB, but I think he's a notch or two below the best in the League. Meaning behind Peyton, Brady, Palmer and he's right around the Drew Brees, Marc Bulger, level.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Philly doesn't know how good they have it with McNabb. Look at this list:

Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Kordell Stewart
Shane Matthews
Henry Burris
Jonathan Quinn
Chad Hutchinson
Craig Krenzel
Kyle Orton
Grossman

ALL of these guys have started at least once for the Bears since McNabb was drafted. That's a who's who list of the worst NFL QBs this past decade.

If the Eagles want to trade McNabb the Bears will give them at least 2 1st rounders, and maybe even more picks than that. I honestly haven't seen a good Bears QB since Erik Kramer, and he was basically what Jeff Garcia is now.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:00 PM   #14
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,215
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Mcnabb is on Manning, Brady level. Carson Palmer has done nothing to be placed above Mcnabb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Philly doesn't know how good they have it with McNabb. Look at this list:

Cade McNown
Jim Miller
Chris Chandler
Kordell Stewart
Shane Matthews
Henry Burris
Jonathan Quinn
Chad Hutchinson
Craig Krenzel
Kyle Orton
Grossman

ALL of these guys have started at least once for the Bears since McNabb was drafted. That's a who's who list of the worst NFL QBs this past decade.

If the Eagles want to trade McNabb the Bears will give them at least 2 1st rounders, and maybe even more picks than that. I honestly haven't seen a good Bears QB since Erik Kramer, and he was basically what Jeff Garcia is now.

Eagles dont wanna trade Mcnabb nor get rid of him. Bears want Garcia? Ok.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.
 
Timmeh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: East of civilization.
Posts: 3,481
Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default

Quote:
Mcnabb is on Manning, Brady level. Carson Palmer has done nothing to be placed above Mcnabb.
True, I always thought that Palmer was way overrated. After his knee injury and before this season started, everyone was saying how he was such a great quarterback and that he was going to lead the Bengals to the Superbowl this year. Well that didn't happen and the other overrated QB in the league (Jake Delhomme) didn't lead his team to the Superbowl either.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy