Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #31
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: primetime = Jerry Jones = 2 boneheads? His thoughts on Tony Romo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
.....and with past "busts," you can look back and tell why it was.

Jamarcus wasn't accurate and had questionable character.

Vince Young had a weird throwing motion and showed little pocket passing ability.

Lienart had a weak arm.

Alex Smith has made a resurgence so I'm not ready to call him a bust yet.

I don't think Luck has any of those attributes of a bust. He has played in a professional type offense, he has shown pocket passing ability, he has great athleticism, he's smart, accurate, about as much experience as you could ask for from a rookie qb, tall/big.
Jamarcus also had no work ethic so his room, ability to iprove was very limited.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #32
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

When looking at the past QBs that have been drafted top-5 just now...and trying to decide if they are busts or not...it was kind of a head scratcher with not only Smith but Vick as well.

As far as the Falcons are concerned, Vick WAS a bust for them...now he is doing decent in Philly I guess...but I don't think he ever lived up to his hype or being taken #1...granted he isn't a complete bust like Russell, but still not had the Jordan type career many expected from him...that would change the way we looked at the QB position forever.

Smith had a small resurgence this year I guess...but it's been so long now...I would say it is almost certain he will never live up to being taken #1 overall...he isn't going to Canton
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #33
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
When looking at the past QBs that have been drafted top-5 just now...and trying to decide if they are busts or not...it was kind of a head scratcher with not only Smith but Vick as well.

As far as the Falcons are concerned, Vick WAS a bust for them...now he is doing decent in Philly I guess...but I don't think he ever lived up to his hype or being taken #1...granted he isn't a complete bust like Russell, but still not had the Jordan type career many expected from him...that would change the way we looked at the QB position forever.

Smith had a small resurgence this year I guess...but it's been so long now...I would say it is almost certain he will never live up to being taken #1 overall...he isn't going to Canton

Vick's problems are twofold and both related to his running, when he's at his best he's a double threat, but he's not big/strong enough to take the pounding and not get injured (when the giants play them, i always wonder if we can knock him out of the game) and he's also very lax with the ball. He's a turnover waiting to happen on every play. He also has happy feet, he floats. You can't float, it breaks down the protection. It's kind of a self fulfulling prophecy, the eagle lin couldn't protect him, so he was always moving, so it broke down his protection further.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #34
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

If money isnt an issue I wouldnt trade Romo for RGIII or Luck.

I think personally that given the right tools Romo could get even better. I think that addition of a legit running game and a improved defense he would be more successful.

Do I worry about the bone head throws sure but I dont think he would be in a position to have so many.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vick wasnt a bust for the Falcons. More dumb talk courtesy of primetime.

Carbine, check PM
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Vick wasnt a bust for the Falcons. More dumb talk courtesy of primetime.

Carbine, check PM
Old 03-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #37
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Vick wasn't a bust for the Falcons in the sense of his actual playing ability.

Vick's off the field issues crumbled his career as a Falcon, but he wasn't a bust for them. He helped in taking them as far as they had ever went aside from one year as a franchise.

Ask the owners if he was a bust. I bet Vick filled their pockets rather nicely for the seven years he was there.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #38
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Vick wasn't a bust for the Falcons in the sense of his actual playing ability.

Vick's off the field issues crumbled his career as a Falcon, but he wasn't a bust for them. He helped in taking them as far as they had ever went aside from one year as a franchise.

Ask the owners if he was a bust. I bet Vick filled their pockets rather nicely for the seven years he was there.
wow...

in 6 years with the Facons he never had a passer rating over 81.6...that was his best year as a passer, everything else was BELOW average

he only won TWO playoff games

he had character issues that sent HIM TO JAIL AND HAD THE ENTIRE FAN BASE IN SHAME

yet he was worth the #1 pick?

good lord...Falcons would LOVE to take that back
Old 03-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #39
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Carbine, check PM

oh, I'm getting trolled

you had me for a minute Carbine
Old 03-02-2012, 01:21 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
oh, I'm getting trolled

you had me for a minute Carbine

What are you talkin about? Gid you sniff glue as a teenager?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #41
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
What are you talkin about? Gid you sniff glue as a teenager?
lol

were you high on meth when you create this thread?
Old 03-02-2012, 03:25 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
lol

were you high on meth when you create this thread?

iPhone fail.

No I wasnt. While its true you cant expect Jerry to say otherwise. But if he honestly believes that (I know you do) then you two = dumbasses.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #43
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
iPhone fail.

No I wasnt. While its true you cant expect Jerry to say otherwise. But if he honestly believes that (I know you do) then you two = dumbasses.
according to Sports Nation the majority agrees with Jerry...you are in the minority here GOBB
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #44
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
according to Sports Nation the majority agrees with Jerry...you are in the minority here GOBB

Wait so there is no chance there are a majority of dumbasses in this country?

I'm in the minority like mensa members. Hows that
Old 03-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #45
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

I'm acctualy surprised the majority agrees with Jerry though...

I would have thought the majority fans would trade Romo for a 3rd rounder he is hated on so much

wonder what would happen in an "Luck/RG3 or Vick" poll
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: