Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-03-2012, 10:32 PM   #76
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: primetime = Jerry Jones = 2 boneheads? His thoughts on Tony Romo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
What about mangini and the rest of actual experts that agree?

well yeah obviously mangina and all the other experts would also take romo over luck. romo is an incredible quarterback his record speaks for itself.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #77
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
well yeah obviously mangina and all the other experts would also take romo over luck. romo is an incredible quarterback his record speaks for itself.
"his record"

that's all you guys see..."oh no ring so he sucks!!!"

nevermind the fact there are 52 others that effect the outcome...lol

I wouldn't trade Luck for Rivers or Ryan or Schaub or all the other "proven to be good but haven't shit" either...Luck isn't a for sure HOFer
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #78
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

and all of these same comments are EXACTLY like what was being said about Dirk.

at about the same time in his career too

"Dirk is a choker, he will NEVER win the big one, I would trade him for Joe Schmoe in a heartbeat!!!....Mavs fans are delusional....blah blah blah I'm retarded"
Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #79
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

"Dirk is a choker, he will NEVER win the big one, I would trade him for Joe Schmoe in a heartbeat!!!....Mavs fans are delusional....blah blah blah I'm retarded"

you make a good point. the comparison of dirk and romo both being career chokers is spot on.

maybe if romo gets some decent team mates, they can overcome his tendency to choke and they will win some playoff games. after all, once dirk was surrounded by enough hall of famers the mavs managed to overcome his choking.

anyway, i wouldnt trade romo for anybody. he is the perfect guy for dallas.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #80
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
you make a good point. the comparison of dirk and romo both being career chokers is spot on.

maybe if romo gets some decent team mates, they can overcome his tendency to choke and they will win some playoff games. after all, once dirk was surrounded by enough hall of famers the mavs managed to overcome his choking.

anyway, i wouldnt trade romo for anybody. he is the perfect guy for dallas.

Dallas has TONS of talent. I can't believe people keep saying this.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #81
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
Dallas has TONS of talent. I can't believe people keep saying this.

On offense? Yeah? Defense is pretty terrible outside of 3 games.

Honestly though, after those two horrible choke jobs against Detroit and the Jets, he played as good as any QB really could I thought after about Week 4-5 of the season, I can't put much blame on him last season after those games at least. That defense was absolutely awful defending the pass.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #82
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
On offense? Yeah? Defense is pretty terrible outside of 3 games.

Honestly though, after those two horrible choke jobs against Detroit and the Jets, he played as good as any QB really could I thought after about Week 4-5 of the season, I can't put much blame on him last season after those games at least. That defense was absolutely awful defending the pass.

Sean Lee, DeMarcus Ware... pretty above average front 7 I'd say... Secondary is always a concern though it seems like. Neither Dallas or Pittsburgh really addresses the secondary in the draft early for some reason.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #83
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Dirk is different as basketball and football are completely different sports. The same teams dominate in the NBA and win the rings. Dirk first of all has had a great career, went to a championship before winning won and carried his team every year to the playoffs.. He just didn't have the best teammates. Josh Howard is not a viable #2 option or JT.. He did the best he could

I think Romo is a really good QB but he did have some really good teams around him and he did choke pretty badly in some playoff games. Remember Peyton Manning was considered a choker despite putting up GOAT numbers, same with Young, etc.. He just has to win one and get the monkey off his back
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #84
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Sean Lee, DeMarcus Ware... pretty above average front 7 I'd say... Secondary is always a concern though it seems like. Neither Dallas or Pittsburgh really addresses the secondary in the draft early for some reason.

The Steelers almost never draft the secondary in the first round because we always take the best player available and that usually isnt a DB when picking between 25-30 every year. I think we could possibly draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #85
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

The boys have drafted Williams, Newton, and Jenkins all in the first round these past 10 years. They just haven't turned into the long term investments that boys fans we're hoping for. They're good one year then are close to the cut list the next.

And let's not act like Romo hasnt had talent. Wasn't there a year with 10+ pro bowlers??

Just cuz Romo can't utilize his talent (ie - Bryant) and prefers waiver wire pickups (Laurent Rob) doesn't mean he hasn't had it.
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #86
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Lee, Ware, Ratliff

That is IT

the rest of the defense is all scrubs...that let teams back into games where Romo put up 80 points.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #87
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Lee, Ware, Ratliff

That is IT

the rest of the defense is all scrubs...that let teams back into games where Romo put up 80 points.

The offense has enough talent imo
Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #88
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
The boys have drafted Williams, Newton, and Jenkins all in the first round these past 10 years. They just haven't turned into the long term investments that boys fans we're hoping for. They're good one year then are close to the cut list the next.

And let's not act like Romo hasnt had talent. Wasn't there a year with 10+ pro bowlers??

Just cuz Romo can't utilize his talent (ie - Bryant) and prefers waiver wire pickups (Laurent Rob) doesn't mean he hasn't had it.

Offense isn't the problem on the Cowboys...
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: