Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
demons2005
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,417
demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Gold is the best investment

Everyone should buy gold. It has gone up 600% in the last 20 years. If you understand that our way of life is built on FAKE MONEY you understand the importance of gold. the government prints money out of thin air and your money will always lose value because they are just making as much as they want . You can bet as more and more people realize this they will buy gold which is not somethng the government can just print up. i know theres some ron paul people on this forum and though i disagree with him vehemently on social issues he is 100% right about gold.

again the price of gold has been only going up for the last twenty years and there is no reason for it to go back down because it is not fiat money. Also the eurozone crisis will probably send it soaring to record highs


disclosure: i bought gold

Last edited by demons2005 : 03-02-2012 at 12:10 PM.
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?
 
johndeeregreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11,599
johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
Everyone should buy gold. It has gone up 600% in the last 20 years. If you understand that our way of life is built on FAKE MONEY you understand the importance of gold. the government prints money out of thin air and your money will always lose value because they are just making as much as they want . You can bet as more and more people realize this they will buy gold which is not somethng the government can just print up. i know theres some ron paul people on this forum and though i disagree with him vehemently on social issues he is 100% right about gold.

again the price of gold has been only going up for the last twenty years and there is no reason for it to go back down because it is not fiat money. Also the eurozone crisis will probably send it soaring to record highs


disclosure: i bought gold
Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997
 
Meticode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 30,017
Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

I've watched the first and second season of the show Gold Rush on Discovery. The Hoffman crew who are second season gold miners went up to Alaska and mined for 93 ounces of gold. Which is like almost 5x more they did the season before because they were major noobs.
Meticode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
It has gone up 600% in the last 20 years.

20 years is a LOOOONG time guy

there are plenty of other ways to tie up money long term that will give you monster gains like that if you are willing to wait it out


check it though:




nothing is certain in any of this...you can see how gold spiked to hell in 1980...and didn't recover until 2006

yeah, the Dow hasn't been great as of late...but as it bounces up and down it will still trend up over the long run...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 8,057
JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

I like gold because its a shiny rock.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #6
blablabla
.
 
blablabla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austria
Posts: 7,067
blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

You should invest in ISH
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
demons2005
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,417
demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
20 years is a LOOOONG time guy

there are plenty of other ways to tie up money long term that will give you monster gains like that if you are willing to wait it out


check it though:




nothing is certain in any of this...you can see how gold spiked to hell in 1980...and didn't recover until 2006

yeah, the Dow hasn't been great as of late...but as it bounces up and down it will still trend up over the long run...
Your chart show gold winning. Also, the only reason it was push down was because government manipulation. They want people to think their pieces of paper are worth alot so they did a lot of tampering with the gold markets. In the end they can't control the gold prices which are quickly exposing their paper as totally worthless.
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM   #8
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
Your chart show gold winning. Also, the only reason it was push down was because government manipulation. They want people to think their pieces of paper are worth alot so they did a lot of tampering with the gold markets. In the end they can't control the gold prices which are quickly exposing their paper as totally worthless.



do you have any "paper"?...can I have it?
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #9
Manslavedave11
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 82
Manslavedave11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

But Bernanke says its just a barbaric relic?????????????
Manslavedave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
Manslavedave11
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 82
Manslavedave11 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Also, I believe that silver is currently the better investment based on the gold/silver ratio and the fact that above ground inventory has rapidly declined for many years now. If you look at above ground silver and gold inventories it is clear that silver is the better buy. However, it is gold that central banks around the world are hording at ever increasing rates to protect themselves from fiat.
Manslavedave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

what happens once everyone realizes it's just a rock?...the real value is stock in our businesses, goods and services
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
demons2005
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,417
demons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsdemons2005 has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
what happens once everyone realizes it's just a rock?...the real value is stock in our businesses, goods and services
If gold was just a rock why has it been the natural currency for humanity ever since civilization began. No, gold is valuable because it is limited, has tradition, and it will always be able to leverage those businesses goods and services you speak of. On the contrary those businesses goods and services are at risk of stopping once everyone realizes it's just government endorsed paper they're receiving. At that point people who have gold will be at the top of the food chain
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #13
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH
 
-p.tiddy-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: -dallas, texas-
Posts: 15,000
-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
If gold was just a rock why has it been the natural currency for humanity ever since civilization began. No, gold is valuable because it is limited, has tradition, and it will always be able to leverage those businesses goods and services you speak of. On the contrary those businesses goods and services are at risk of stopping once everyone realizes it's just government endorsed paper they're receiving. At that point people who have gold will be at the top of the food chain
it isn't though...

no one uses gold and silver to back up money any more...that is cave man shit...gold and silver coins aren't used anywhere

it USED to be that way because it is rare and pretty

humans have evolved past that...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias
 
RedBlackAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The "Q"
Posts: 26,817
RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
If gold was just a rock why has it been the natural currency for humanity ever since civilization began. No, gold is valuable because it is limited, has tradition, and it will always be able to leverage those businesses goods and services you speak of. On the contrary those businesses goods and services are at risk of stopping once everyone realizes it's just government endorsed paper they're receiving. At that point people who have gold will be at the top of the food chain
The gold standard has been effectively over for 80 years.... Officially over for 40.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-02-2012 at 06:06 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #15
sunsfan1357
Word.
 
sunsfan1357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manteca/San Diego
Posts: 4,979
sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gold is the best investment

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it isn't though...

no one uses gold and silver to back up money any more...that is cave man shit...gold and silver coins aren't used anywhere

it USED to be that way because it is rare and pretty

humans have evolved past that...
Its vintage, bro. Vintage is in.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy