Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 01-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #1
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool
Default Has this ever happened to you?

The other day I was just playing a small game with my friends at my local gym when ten people walked in and decided that they could play a full court even thought there were people shooting around or playing a game with other people. They started to play so that left everyone no choice but to sit on the bleachers and wait. The game lasted forever and lots of people ended up leaving including me. People like this piss me off because they don't seem to realize that there are other people around besides them. Also, I really hate it when you're just shooting around in the gym when some random dude comes in gets the rebound and takes a shot, first of all this is rude because he didn't even ask if he could take a shot or not. Secondly his friends think that they can follow suit and they also get the rebound and take shots.

I don't know about you guys but this happens to me a lot.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Where i play it's easy.
If someone is shooting around and we want to play full court, we make many teams and play 16 points games.
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Well a full court game is always going to win over a half court game... that's just the way it goes. What they should have done though is let you guys play first since you were there first... so you guys get 5 guys and they get 5 guys... or at least shoot for teams. Then you get a sign up sheet or something and you just go off that list. The fact that they just kicked you off... you can't really stand for that. You need to speak up and let them know they can't do that and to start shooting for teams. If they only want to play with their 5... then one of the teams can wait.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Yeah, happens a lot here. It's really unfair, especially since those guys that usually butt in are outsiders and should pay if they want to use the court. Kids here in my village should go out more, though. They're all stuck at home watching some TV show or playing with their PSP's and ****. Even the playground is just practically gathering dust.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #5
IInvented
Hip Hop

IInvented has not been impressing people

one time me and my bro were shooting around and like 10 or so dudes started playing full court and i was like wtf
IInvented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

doesnt happen to me, but me and my friends do it all the time. If you're shooting around on the only full court and people show up wanting to run, better have a squad with you so you can kick them right back off.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

10 gets the full court. Then anyone sitting makes teams and the winning five stays on court till they lose. If you already have a five you can play them for the court.

Other things to remember is that if teams are sitting ALWAYS play straight up. Win by two can go on forever.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #8
Maga_1

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
10 gets the full court. Then anyone sitting makes teams and the winning five stays on court till they lose. If you already have a five you can play them for the court.

Other things to remember is that if teams are sitting ALWAYS play straight up. Win by two can go on forever.

Like we do here, 16 points games
Old 01-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pick the best one and play em one on one you win they play half court they win you move, that's what I do
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #10
Maga_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
Pick the best one and play em one on one you win they play half court they win you move, that's what I do

That's risky .
Old 01-22-2010, 02:10 AM   #11
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

There is nothing wrong with you getting kicked out by ten dudes who are going to use the full court for a pick up game. THATS what it's made for and what you're supposed to be doing. If you get the boot that easy, they can probably tell you're not very good. If you had game and confidence in yourself you would've said something, and/or called next.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:22 AM   #12
Maga_1

Samurai, it's a good point what you said.
But think this, if the 10 guys are friends and don't want anyone to play with them?
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

why not just ask to play with them, or at least shoot for teams?

i always found it better to play shorter games, like games to 7 by ones straight up, or games to 9, 11 straight. if the game is to long usually people will get tired, and the quality of the game gets sloppy.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #14
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
why not just ask to play with them, or at least shoot for teams?

i always found it better to play shorter games, like games to 7 by ones straight up, or games to 9, 11 straight. if the game is to long usually people will get tired, and the quality of the game gets sloppy.

but that's why no one can hang with us lol. 7 pt games leave too much room for lucky shots and cheap calls. 12 by 2 16 straight does it for me
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #15
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

What is it with some of you guys and this "us & them" mentality? Where I used to ball all we did was count how many people in total were there, and work something out. Eg if there's 15 people there, 3 teams of 5, first to 7 (may vary), winner stays on, and just keep it going. You could get maybe 3 or 4 games in 1 hour on average. Make the initiative to involve everyone.

Last edited by Junny : 01-23-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: