Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-10-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
IceMan2
Local High School Star

IceMan2 has an OK reputation so far
Default Help. I got a ticket

I got a ticket for not having my driver liscense with me while driving

(1st I ran a stop sign, and then he found out I didn't have my lisence)

This is my 1st time getting a ticket and he said I could get it "defferred"...Or something like that...Which takes it out of my record if I don't get a ticket in a period of time...I am 16

Has anybody had that? What are the procedures? Is it worth it?

Last edited by IceMan2 : 01-10-2007 at 06:33 PM.
IceMan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
s0ulja714
I brick open layups

s0ulja714 has no real reputation yet.

haha you're gonna go to jail

jk

don't worry about it, alot of people don't even pay their tickets anyways and have them lingering around the house or in their cars, just give it to your parents and let them take care of it =D
s0ulja714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #3
IceMan2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulja714
haha you're gonna go to jail

jk

don't worry about it, alot of people don't even pay their tickets anyways and have them lingering around the house or in their cars, just give it to your parents and let them take care of it =D
Is the Insurance going up? If so, should I do that deffering thing?

Have you ever done the deffering thing?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
s0ulja714
I brick open layups

s0ulja714 has no real reputation yet.

honestly bro, you should talk to your parents about it, not me

sorry i couldn't help much
s0ulja714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

court supervision.
I had to get it when i got my speeding ticket back in the day.

for the speeding ticket, it was going to cost 75 bucks. to get court supervision to whereas the ticket would not go on my permanent record, I had to pay 145 bucks total.

but i've heard that some states now require you to attend driving school and pass a test during the court supervision timeframe.

either way, if you get it, as long as you don't get any moving violation tickets within 90 days, it's taken off your record.

---added----
if you do not get the court supervision, the ticket will go on your record, and you can bet your a$$ that the next time your insurance policy renews, you're gonna get nailed.

Last edited by gsxr1kryder : 01-10-2007 at 06:40 PM.
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan2
Is the Insurance going up? If so, should I do that deffering thing?

Have you ever done the deffering thing?
if he just gave you the ticket for not having the license, then no the insurance will stay the same because its not a moving violation. Im guessing he suggested deffered judification which is basically just you can put off havign to deal with the consequences until you get another one. If you dont get another one in the specified period of time than it just goes away. Hope this helps.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #7
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

woopty doo, you ran a stop sign and got a ticket for it

is there going to be some consequence where you cant cross the border or they're going to ban you for driving if it's on your record?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 PM   #8
IceMan2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
if he just gave you the ticket for not having the license, then no the insurance will stay the same because its not a moving violation. Im guessing he suggested deffered judification which is basically just you can put off havign to deal with the consequences until you get another one. If you dont get another one in the specified period of time than it just goes away. Hope this helps.

Yeah that helps...
Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #9
IceMan2
Local High School Star

Quote:
Raiderfan

So there is no way my insurance is going to go up because it is not a moving violation right?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #10
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan2
Raiderfan

So there is no way my insurance is going to go up because it is not a moving violation right?
no it wont. I got a ticket for failure to secure load about a year ago and thats when i learned that little bit of information. If you get deferred judification i dont think it would matter anyway since it wouldnt actually go on your record.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #11
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

when i got a ticket for no drivers license and insurance...all i had to do was go show the dmv that i had a drivers license and insurance at the time of the accident and it went away
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #12
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I usually misplace my liscense, and just give my SSN and name and they can look up the fact that Im a liscensed driver. I've never gotten a ticket for it. And definately could fight it. You're still probably gonna have to deal with the stop sign though.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #13
raiderfan19
Shazam!

insurance is one thing, as long as you can prove you were insured, you can get out of it. As far as the license thing, technically you are required to have it with you when you drive so depending on the jackassness of your cop/judge you cant always get out of it.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #14
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
insurance is one thing, as long as you can prove you were insured, you can get out of it. As far as the license thing, technically you are required to have it with you when you drive so depending on the jackassness of your cop/judge you cant always get out of it.
no if you do get a ticket for no dl, all you have to do is bring your drivers license to the court and they dismiss the ticket

just like insurance..they are both the same

they will write you up in both instances and then you take it to the court and show them you were licensed to drive or insured at the time of the ticket....there is no dealing with a judge

Last edited by statman32 : 01-10-2007 at 07:51 PM.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if u go to plead your case in court and the cop doesn't show up, it automatically gets dropped.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: