Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default R.I.P. Hamilton is the most brittle player I have ever seen for the Bulls.

Makes Eddie Robinson look like Cal Ripken in comparison.

Only good thing about this situation is that next year his contract is an expirer. If he was healthy it would've been a great fit for what Thibodeau wants. But he's a walking injury right now.

He needs to seriously think about retirement this summer.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: R.I.P. Hamilton is the most brittle player I have ever seen for the Bulls.

We only need him for the playoffs anyway.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #3
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation
Default Re: R.I.P. Hamilton is the most brittle player I have ever seen for the Bulls.

It was the Pacers for christ sake....dirtiest team in the league. I would be mad as hell too if Rip got hit and was out for the count, but if you re-look at his injury, they intentionally shoved his shoulder, TWICE, in CONSECUTIVE plays. They were trying to take him out, point blank. Lets see how you feel if you take a hard ass shoulder from Hibbert and then George. George look like he wanted to **** him up...
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
USAF_AMMO
I airball my layups

USAF_AMMO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
It was the Pacers for christ sake....dirtiest team in the league. I would be mad as hell too if Rip got hit and was out for the count, but if you re-look at his injury, they intentionally shoved his shoulder, TWICE, in CONSECUTIVE plays. They were trying to take him out, point blank. Lets see how you feel if you take a hard ass shoulder from Hibbert and then George. George look like he wanted to **** him up...

I don't think those were "hard ass" shoulder bumps at all. Certainly not hard enough to say there was any ill intent. The game started with playoff level intensity and both teams were getting at it. But, with Rip being broken down and as soft as wet tissue paper his body couldn't handle it.

But I do agree with you that the Pacers are a dirty team though...
USAF_AMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF_AMMO
I don't think those were "hard ass" shoulder bumps at all. Certainly not hard enough to say there was any ill intent. The game started with playoff level intensity and both teams were getting at it. But, with Rip being broken down and as soft as wet tissue paper his body couldn't handle it.

But I do agree with you that the Pacers are a dirty team though...

Thank you...dude always makes excuses for Rip and it's getting old. For real? They tried to hit the same spot twice down the court? GTFOH. You generally do dirty work on defense and not with the ball in your hands silly man.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Thank you...dude always makes excuses for Rip and it's getting old. For real? They tried to hit the same spot twice down the court? GTFOH. You generally do dirty work on defense and not with the ball in your hands silly man.
If I'm making excuses, I make just as much for Rip as you do for Booz.
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #7
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
If I'm making excuses, I make just as much for Rip as you do for Booz.

I don't make excuses for Booz. He's a poor defender, he isn't bouncy, falls in love with his jumpshot, screams and rocks his dome like a bobble head....am I forgetting anything?

Yet and still:
  • 1st in FG%
  • 2nd in Reb
  • 2nd in points scored
  • started team-high 40 games this season

So you take the good with the bad. I see our PF spot being just like the Jazz when Booz was there. He's grooming Taj to be our taller, albeit less mobile, Milsap. I'm not in love with Booz but I accept him for what he is. Plus he's a pretty nice guy that chopped it up with my kid, not for any camera or prestige, just for being a real dude. So seeing him get blamed for all the Bull's ills, especially when he helps us win games, annoys me.

My "hate" for Rip stems from him having so much fanfare and hype out of "new" Bulls fans for scoring 11 points on 44% shooting on an already 62 win team. Then he's hurt all the time and people are making excuses like Paul George intentionally hit his shoulder to injure him.

It's not hate it's more backlash man this Rip thing is over we need another shooting guard in here quick.

Last edited by Go Getter : 03-06-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't get all of your posts talking about Rip stans and all of this hype around him. I'm really not seeing it, or maybe I'm just missing it. Rip is extremely important to this team in the playoffs, especially vs. Miami. I want to see him healthy because he could be the difference in the 4th quarter droughts and adds a whole new version of sets for the Bulls instead of Brewer in there.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #9
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
I don't get all of your posts talking about Rip stans and all of this hype around him. I'm really not seeing it, or maybe I'm just missing it. Rip is extremely important to this team in the playoffs, especially vs. Miami. I want to see him healthy because he could be the difference in the 4th quarter droughts and adds a whole new version of sets for the Bulls instead of Brewer in there.

Rip is so far down the totem pole of importance that it's not even funny.

11pts on 45% shooting so far against weaker teams. His passing is nice but other than that he really adds nothing. Especially in the toughness department where we "need him in the playoffs." How is he going to perform when the intensity is ratcheted up?

You contribute to the Rip hype as well. We need Rose, Noah, Deng, and Boozer to show up and play well. Rip isn't half as important as you and others make him out to be. We need to get rid of him and get another SG in ASAP.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:15 PM   #10
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Rip is so far down the totem pole of importance that it's not even funny.

11pts on 45% shooting so far against weaker teams. His passing is nice but other than that he really adds nothing. Especially in the toughness department where we "need him in the playoffs." How is he going to perform when the intensity is ratcheted up?

You contribute to the Rip hype as well. We need Rose, Noah, Deng, and Boozer to show up and play well. Rip isn't half as important as you and others make him out to be. We need to get rid of him and get another SG in ASAP.

Oh please, I contribute actually knowing what Rips worth is to this team. Rip is way more important then you and your bias make him out to be. He provides a big option for this team in the playoffs when the 4th Quarter comes around and Rose is basically going 1 on 5. None of the other guys you listed can create their shots well, so the offense creates it for them. All of Boozers points come off of screens by Rose/Watson/Lucas and when Rose is prevented from passing there needs to be someone else able to and that is Rip. He runs the lanes well, he hits the open players and he creates offense. That is exactly what the Bulls need.

Edit: He obviously has his negatives with the injuries but he really wasn't signed for anything else. I say trade Brewer and Filler for a guy like Wesley Matthews, Courtney Lee or Anthony Morrow.

Last edited by Pharcyde : 03-09-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:33 AM   #11
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
Oh please, I contribute actually knowing what Rips worth is to this team. Rip is way more important then you and your bias make him out to be. He provides a big option for this team in the playoffs when the 4th Quarter comes around and Rose is basically going 1 on 5. None of the other guys you listed can create their shots well, so the offense creates it for them. All of Boozers points come off of screens by Rose/Watson/Lucas and when Rose is prevented from passing there needs to be someone else able to and that is Rip. He runs the lanes well, he hits the open players and he creates offense. That is exactly what the Bulls need.

Edit: He obviously has his negatives with the injuries but he really wasn't signed for anything else. I say trade Brewer and Filler for a guy like Wesley Matthews, Courtney Lee or Anthony Morrow.
Bias? As if I could ever be biased against any of my Bulls.

You say Rip provides this and that in the playoffs like he will play or already has. You talk about creating shots, when Rip was never good at creating his own shot even in his prime. Again, most every guard not named Bogans could step in and do what Rip did.

The fact is that he is brittle and unreliable.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: