Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 01-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #1
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far
Default trade?

eric snow, gooden and hughes for andre miller, chris webber and willie green.
yes no philly never do it? i wna know.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No I'd take Hughes alone over all 3 of those players. Nothing against them exactly (except Willie i don't like him), but i just don't wanna give Hughes up. Snow and something for Webber I might do though.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:31 AM   #3
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

id actually give anything to get dre miller. that pg wit bron wud be mad.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

snow gooden for webber miller... wouldnt work for one dont think philly would do it, and 2, they just bought out webbers contract.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't even do Gooden for Webber straight up. I think people are still thinking about Webber's past when they make offers for him, but nowadays I'd take Gooden over him every time.

Gooden:
12.5 PPG
9.1 RPG
.7 APG
.495 FG%
.776 PT%
27.6 MPG

Webber:
11.0 PPG
8.3 RPG
3.4 APG
.387 FG%
.643 FT%
30.2 MPG

Plus Webber's a much greater injury risk
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #6
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I wouldn't even do Gooden for Webber straight up. I think people are still thinking about Webber's past when they make offers for him, but nowadays I'd take Gooden over him every time.

Gooden:
12.5 PPG
9.1 RPG
.7 APG
.495 FG%
.776 PT%
27.6 MPG

Webber:
11.0 PPG
8.3 RPG
3.4 APG
.387 FG%
.643 FT%
30.2 MPG

Plus Webber's a much greater injury risk

It's not really about getting Webber. It's about getting Andre Miller, and getting rid of Eric Snow.

Miller > Snow, so you'd have to give up the younger Gooden for the older now less athletic Webber.

And I don't think Webber's quite as bad as people make him out to be this season. His minutes are down 5-10 from what he usually averages and he's only down 1 rpg. He's also taking about 7 less shots a game than he did last season, which easily accounts for the 7 less ppg.

He could add some veteran leadership that you're losing by getting rid of Snow. That's about the only thing Snow has to offer is experience.

But just for the record I still think trade discussions are the stupidest thing on this message board. It's just that Philly is probably the only one that'd take Snow off our hands, and Andre Miller is the best point guard available.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
laurited
Can barely lace up my sneakers

laurited has an OK reputation so far

Im truly Cavalier fan, and iīve have to say that this trade would be ridiculous.
First of all, C-Webb is bigman who wants the ball, he is been scorer over his carreer, but he is getting older, athletic abilites are gone and also his slowed down his game, wich would be really bad for Cavaliers because they really play slow offense even without C-Webb right now, wouldnt imagine with C-Webb.
Drew Gooden in the other hand is player, who cleans up the boards, when the teams are double teaming LeBron.
Drew is actually really underrated PF, if you would get him some ball, then he would averge at least 19 and 11. And he is really young, people sometimes forget this, he still can improve a lot.
I like Miller, but he is like richmen E. Snow. Dont shoot the ball well and isnt a great driver also, only thing he can bring to the table over Snow is passing.
When Cavs will give up Hughes, they better going to play a offense, because the Defense (wich they really have worked) dont exist anymore at this level.
Willie Green definetely would help Cavs a little bit if you would get him for Dwayne Jones like guy.
laurited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #8
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurited
Im truly Cavalier fan, and iīve have to say that this trade would be ridiculous.
First of all, C-Webb is bigman who wants the ball, he is been scorer over his carreer, but he is getting older, athletic abilites are gone and also his slowed down his game, wich would be really bad for Cavaliers because they really play slow offense even without C-Webb right now, wouldnt imagine with C-Webb.

Webber is not as bad as people are making him out to be. And I personally don't see any positives in the Cavaliers developing into a running team. Eric Snow is almost afraid to shoot the ball. I literally watched him run down on a fast break all alone and stop, and look for someone to pass to. I'm not joking. (yes I know he scored 18 against the Clippers. La di da).

Zydrunas is by far our most consistent offensive performer besides Lebron. I say start setting up the offense for a change, but instead of this motion crap, start posting up Z and playing the old inside outside game, or try a pick and roll that doesn't involved a defender stepping around Varejo.

Quote:
Drew Gooden in the other hand is player, who cleans up the boards, when the teams are double teaming LeBron.
Drew is actually really underrated PF, if you would get him some ball, then he would averge at least 19 and 11. And he is really young, people sometimes forget this, he still can improve a lot.

The perception that Drew Gooden is a good player is part of what's ruining this team. He's more inconsistent than anyone on a team full of inconsistent players. He needs to go away. His rebounding ability doesn't justify his horrible offense.

Quote:
I like Miller, but he is like richmen E. Snow. Dont shoot the ball well and isnt a great driver also, only thing he can bring to the table over Snow is passing.

The ONLY thing? Isn't that enough? We struggle to run an offense and here's a guy that's averaging 9 assists per game.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but Miller's averaging 13 points per game. How can you compare that to Snow's 5ppg? (and I'm being generous it's actually 4 point something)

Quote:
When Cavs will give up Hughes, they better going to play a offense, because the Defense (wich they really have worked) dont exist anymore at this level.
Willie Green definetely would help Cavs a little bit if you would get him for Dwayne Jones like guy.

I don't understand that statement. You have some typos or bad grammar or something. I get what you said about Green (not that I agree with it). I would like to see Jones play a little before we start shipping him off.

Mathius
Old 01-19-2007, 06:28 AM   #9
laurited

Quote:
The ONLY thing? Isn't that enough? We struggle to run an offense and here's a guy that's averaging 9 assists per game.

Also, I don't know if you noticed, but Miller's averaging 13 points per game. How can you compare that to Snow's 5ppg? (and I'm being generous it's actually 4 point something)

Sorry for bad English, my native language isnīt English. I learn English tough!
Ofcourse Miller is better than Snow. But again, other teams would be leaving Miller open from 20 feet. And the question is, can he shoot from there consintantly? If he can, then definetely he would be good pickup.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
No I'd take Hughes alone over all 3 of those players. Nothing against them exactly (except Willie i don't like him), but i just don't wanna give Hughes up. Snow and something for Webber I might do though.

Hughes is not a true point guard though.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurited
Sorry for bad English, my native language isnīt English. I learn English tough!
Ofcourse Miller is better than Snow. But again, other teams would be leaving Miller open from 20 feet. And the question is, can he shoot from there consintantly? If he can, then definetely he would be good pickup.

I could care less. It isn't like Snow is hitting jumpers left and right. The guy won't even take a shot let alone make it.

And we _have_ 3 point shooters on our team and we're still playing like crap. Hucking a bunch of threes isn't the answer. We need someone who can direct an offense besides Lebron. We need a half court offense that works.

Mathius
Old 01-20-2007, 07:57 AM   #12
laurited

Quote:
I could care less. It isn't like Snow is hitting jumpers left and right. The guy won't even take a shot let alone make it.

And we _have_ 3 point shooters on our team and we're still playing like crap. Hucking a bunch of threes isn't the answer. We need someone who can direct an offense besides Lebron. We need a half court offense that works.

I agree the most of the part
All the guys on the floor must play, they cannot relay on LeBron. All the guys has to be agressive, and move without the ball. THey have to mix it up, its really easy to defend them, when they do the same stuff. Still i just cannot see, how Miller would help us with this offense,
that Brown has worked in this season.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:14 PM   #13
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

I wish we never would have resigned gooden, and maybe picked up a big man in the draft... and maybe used some of the cash we used on gooden with snow for a better d@mn point guard.

I dont know how much longer i can stand watching eric snow play. It makes me extremely angry. The same goes to drew gooden. Inconsistent piece of crap!
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #14
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
I wish we never would have resigned gooden, and maybe picked up a big man in the draft... and maybe used some of the cash we used on gooden with snow for a better d@mn point guard.

I dont know how much longer i can stand watching eric snow play. It makes me extremely angry. The same goes to drew gooden. Inconsistent piece of crap!

This is probably the only aspect where Lebron James hurts his team. It doesn't matter how ****ty our team is, or how bad we hate Gooden and Snow, and coach Brown, people will still buy tickets just to see Lebron play, so Cavs management isn't going to get an accurate opinion of how much we can't stand where this team is going.

Mathius
Old 01-25-2007, 08:15 PM   #15
It Takes Five

It Takes Five has an OK reputation so far
Unhappy Miller!1!!!

Why would we get Miller if we already had him in 2002 we would just have the same team just trade snow for a point and we will be good
It Takes Five is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: