Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Bobcats Forum

Charlotte Bobcats Forum Charlotte Bobcats message board - charlotte bobcats fan forum

Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

Default Victory!!!

Beat the Magic by a large margin.

Down by 20 at one point, Paul Silas ejected by the referees.

Kemba started the 4th quarter and finished the game while Augustin didn't take part in the 4th.

Some thoughts:

- The combined force of Mullens and Biyombo is unexpectedly strong. Both grabbed a ton of rebounds and seem to complement each other very well.

- The 4th quarter rotation of Kemba, Hendo, Maggette, Biyombo, and Mullens are surprisingly effective, at least in this game. Orlando is known as a killer 3pt shooting team and all of our players have guarded Orlando's shooters effectively. They drained 2 3pts out of 11 attempts in the 4th quarter.

- Biyombo, regardless of his actual age, has already shown Ben Wallace-type strength. Considering Dwight Howard scored 36 pts just a day ago, locking Howard to "just" 15 points is amazing. I didn't see excessive double teams this game, which is crucial playing against a team that shoots a truck load of 3s.

- Orlando played cheap nearing the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter. They kept fouling Biyombo and forced him to shoot free throws as soon as the Bobcats inbounded the ball. So far Biyombo hits less than half of his FTs attempted but his shooting mechanics look great. I'd say even better than Gerald Wallace's.

- The refs continue to stink in our home court. There was one possession in which Biyombo tipped a defensive rebound, and the refs called goaltending. I suppose one of the refs was conscious enough to deny the call and changed it to a jump ball (which the Bobcats were certainly to have grabbed the rebound). Dwight Howard then came in and won the jump ball. Yet one of the refs blew the whistle again, and reset the jump ball with, I think Glen Davis, against Biyombo for some reason. In the end Biyombo easily won the tip and us took the posession of the ball.

- No ****ing Boris Diaw. I think we finally found the culprit of so many losses. I recall there's an article from the Observer saying that Silas needs to find the "competitors" and probably sort them from the rest. I guess taking the reverse approach finding the slackers is easier and at minimum, won us the game today.

- Your thoughts?
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Default Re: Victory!!!

My thoughts on your thoughts:

- NBA refs are the absolute worst group of officials in any sport. Ever. Period. Any call that is deemed questionable doesn't surprise me.

- I'm not saying Biyombo didn't play well. He did. But with the Magic playing yesterday and Dwight having a big game, they probably weren't going to play well tonight, especially considering we suck, they probably just mailed it in. Not to mention, we might have actually been motivated to not give up 57 points to someone again.

- Diaw needs to go. Whatever we can do, get rid of him. Never in my life have I seen someone so unmotivated to do anything.

- I think we should trade Augustin as well as Diaw. He doesn't play well. Kemba is better.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
liverpooty
Local High School Star

Biyombo was nothing short of great. Stephen Silas had excellent rotations all night, and the Bobcats in general looked fun to watch for the first time in months.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbasesalt
Beat the Magic by a large margin.

Down by 20 at one point, Paul Silas ejected by the referees.

Kemba started the 4th quarter and finished the game while Augustin didn't take part in the 4th.

Some thoughts:

- The combined force of Mullens and Biyombo is unexpectedly strong. Both grabbed a ton of rebounds and seem to complement each other very well.

- The 4th quarter rotation of Kemba, Hendo, Maggette, Biyombo, and Mullens are surprisingly effective, at least in this game. Orlando is known as a killer 3pt shooting team and all of our players have guarded Orlando's shooters effectively. They drained 2 3pts out of 11 attempts in the 4th quarter.

- Biyombo, regardless of his actual age, has already shown Ben Wallace-type strength. Considering Dwight Howard scored 36 pts just a day ago, locking Howard to "just" 15 points is amazing. I didn't see excessive double teams this game, which is crucial playing against a team that shoots a truck load of 3s.

- Orlando played cheap nearing the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter. They kept fouling Biyombo and forced him to shoot free throws as soon as the Bobcats inbounded the ball. So far Biyombo hits less than half of his FTs attempted but his shooting mechanics look great. I'd say even better than Gerald Wallace's.

- The refs continue to stink in our home court. There was one possession in which Biyombo tipped a defensive rebound, and the refs called goaltending. I suppose one of the refs was conscious enough to deny the call and changed it to a jump ball (which the Bobcats were certainly to have grabbed the rebound). Dwight Howard then came in and won the jump ball. Yet one of the refs blew the whistle again, and reset the jump ball with, I think Glen Davis, against Biyombo for some reason. In the end Biyombo easily won the tip and us took the posession of the ball.

- No ****ing Boris Diaw. I think we finally found the culprit of so many losses. I recall there's an article from the Observer saying that Silas needs to find the "competitors" and probably sort them from the rest. I guess taking the reverse approach finding the slackers is easier and at minimum, won us the game today.

- Your thoughts?

That pretty much sums it up. Also, Silas getting ejected seemed to really light a fire under the team. It was great fun to ride home on the train after a victory! I haven't done that since the Golden State game.

And Najera hit a 3.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 03-07-2012 at 10:00 AM.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: