Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #31
ashlar
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 608
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

They finally added Yu Darvish and he has a generic fat white/hispanic face
ashlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #32
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar
They finally added Yu Darvish and he has a generic fat white/hispanic face
he's unfair. I had the most epic game online with Darvish and the Rangers. 9 IP 2 hits 2 ER 19K's with Yu, just gave up one lucky HR. I was down 2-0 going to bottom of 9th. I got 2nd and 3rd with no one out, Cruz struck out, Beltre struck out and I was 0-2 with Napoli then he left a slider up hit a lucky walk off HR with Napoli. Yu is unfair though every one of his pitches are top notch in that game. 2 seamer is like Greg Maddux prime, cutter of Mo Rivera, curveball of prime Wainwright, 4 seamer is Roger Clemens-like. Slider falls off the table to like ROB NEN.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #33
ace23
*****
 
ace23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

Just blew a save with Brett Myers, second blown in 5 tries. ERA up over 10.

I'm the Astros playing at home against the Dodgers. 1-0 ballgame, 2 outs, top 9th, bases loaded after walking Kemp to get to Ethier. Ethier grounds to short and Jed Lowrie ****ing can't field it cleanly. Run scores, bases loaded again for Tony Gwynn Jr. He slapsa grounder to second and I ****ing flick the left analog stick too much (Goddamn Vita ), putting Paredes out of position. Two runs score. Strikeout Rivera to get out the inning.

Go down 1, 2, 3 to Guerra in the bottom half.

Off to a 4-10 start.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:53 AM   #34
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 20,517
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

My RTTS player just got benched for "stealing without the green light" even thought it was a called hit-and-run where the batter didn't make contact and I was thrown out at second. It happened in late April and I wasn't put back in the lineup until early June.
KG215 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #35
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,452
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

I might get a PS3 for this title.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #36
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Qwyjibo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,790
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
My RTTS player just got benched for "stealing without the green light" even thought it was a called hit-and-run where the batter didn't make contact and I was thrown out at second. It happened in late April and I wasn't put back in the lineup until early June.
Same thing happened to me. I just don't run. It seems like there is no punishment for disobeying coaches when it comes to hit and runs or fielding position.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #37
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

My RTTS player is hitting .407 with 12 HR's and 47 RBI's in mid July at Triple A, hopefully I get called up soon (CF in the A's organization)
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #38
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

my RTTS player had a 9-0 record 99 IP 101 Ks 0.49 ERA in triple A rotation then I got demoted to double A?? That's when I gave up on this game
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #39
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
my RTTS player had a 9-0 record 99 IP 101 Ks 0.49 ERA in triple A rotation then I got demoted to double A?? That's when I gave up on this game
Did you go against a coaches wish or something? That's the only explanation I can think of for why that would happen....bizarre.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #40
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

I finished my first minor league season in RTTS and hit .372 with 18 HR's and 79 RBI's between AA and AAA and didn't even get a September call up AND I didn't get invited to big league camp the next year at Spring training, don't get this game sometimes.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #41
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Did you go against a coaches wish or something? That's the only explanation I can think of for why that would happen....bizarre.
what is a coaches wish?

After two full seasons between AAA and AA I finally got called up pre-2014 season as a 20 year old SP. I'm 8-0 with a 0.52 ERA 69 innings 70 Ks. My player is ridiculously good due to all the training points I kept racking up in the minors because I didn't belong there but I'm not complaining. I choked and accepted a 2 year 12 million dollar deal, if I had taken a one year qualifying offer or something I'd be getting paid after the kind of season I'm in the midst of.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #42
irondarts
.
 
irondarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
what is a coaches wish?

After two full seasons between AAA and AA I finally got called up pre-2014 season as a 20 year old SP. I'm 8-0 with a 0.52 ERA 69 innings 70 Ks. My player is ridiculously good due to all the training points I kept racking up in the minors because I didn't belong there but I'm not complaining. I choked and accepted a 2 year 12 million dollar deal, if I had taken a one year qualifying offer or something I'd be getting paid after the kind of season I'm in the midst of.
I've been benched before for stealing bases when the coach told me I wasn't allowed to. I don't think it happens to Pitchers though. So nevermind.

What team are you on?
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #43
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,926
Default Re: MLB The Show 12.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I've been benched before for stealing bases when the coach told me I wasn't allowed to. I don't think it happens to Pitchers though. So nevermind.

What team are you on?
interesting avy you got there because I chose the Pirates organization but then they traded me to ATL for Brian McCann and someone else.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:00 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy