Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #61
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ESPN: Official Peyton Manning Will Not Return to Colts

I think cold weather teams can be ruled out. I don't see Manning playing in something other than a dome/warm weather scenerio. Arizona plays a lot of it's game in those conditions, so to me, that seems like a leading candidate. Plus, the division isn't unbearably difficult, and he would get to throw to a world class receiver.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #62
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm wondering if division foes will play a role.

Like Arizona is a good fit, but does he want to face the 49'er defense twice every year?
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #63
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Arizona isn't a good fit though. They are YOUNG. Too young. None of their players have playoff experience except for a couple of them.

Yes, they have Fitzgerald, but who else? Who is their tight end? Who is their second and slot receivers? Who is protecting Manning on the edges?

Not a good fit. At all.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #64
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I think it's going to come down to the Jets or Miami, with KC being a legit dark horse.

If he wants to go to the best team, it's probably KC....and they're only going to get better because most if not all of their key players are on the right side of 30.

Jets followed by Miami.

Though I think it's about 50 percent he goes to Miami, 35 percent the Jets an 15 KC.
there is 0.0% chance he goes to the Jets. When we had "the manning bowl" he got pissed EVERY time he was asked about Eli. If he comes to the Jets, the media here will do that every game. What did Eli do? What did Peyton do? Who was better? He's also been angry on Eli's behalf from the media - he had no tolerance for it.

He's not coming to the Jets. I think Miami, i think Houston is the best fit but i don't think they'll throw their hat in. I think Arizona, KC, etc. make some sense. But between the weather, the mess they are in right now, and the fact he is trying to avoid Eli, the Jets make no sense at all.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #65
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

If he's trying to avoid Eli, then that eliminates all NFC teams.

Then it comes down to the only teams in a good enough situation - which leaves those three teams I listed. I don't think Houston is going to give up on Schaub.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #66
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
If he's trying to avoid Eli, then that eliminates all NFC teams.

Then it comes down to the only teams in a good enough situation - which leaves those three teams I listed. I don't think Houston is going to give up on Schaub.
I think he'd go to an Arizona, etc. before the Jets. In watching the Jets over the years, and watching Eli and Peyton, and hearing the father talk about their differences (in referencing why Eli is good in NY) it was clear that NYC, the size, the media, was not for him. And again, i remember the Manning bowl and how he (and Eli) don't want to talk about each other or be compared about each other. Being in NY will mean the newspapers will literally have a PEYTON VS. ELI scale they will show every day.

I'm actually confident in Miami (he only needs one team, i think some people are making it like he needs a choice of five to pick from or something, he really only needs one to fit). But i could see some other teams. But not the Jets, that i am super confident in.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #67
Jall
What?

Jall has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
None of their players have playoff experience except for a couple of them.

The ****?

Larry Fitzgerald
Early Doucet
Darnell Dockett
Adrian Wilson
Clark Haggans
Calais Campbell
Levi Brown
Daryn Colledge
Lyle Sendlein
Duece Lutui
Brandon Keith

have all played in a Superbowl.

Kerry Rhodes
Larod Stephens-Howling
Todd Heap
Greg Toler
Beanie Wells
Jeff King
Mike Adams

have playoff experience.

Quote:
Yes, they have Fitzgerald, but who else? Who is their tight end? Who is their second and slot receivers? Who is protecting Manning on the edges?

I'm sure they would get Reggie Wayne to be the #2 and Early Doucet and Andre Roberts would be the slot receivers. They also have Todd Heap at Tight End.

I really think the only argument against Arizona is the offensive line, but they still only gave up 2 more sacks than Miami last year.
Jall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #68
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

its either Arizona, Miami or Seattle (my dark horse team)
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #69
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Arizona isn't a good fit though. They are YOUNG. Too young. None of their players have playoff experience except for a couple of them.

Not a good fit. At all.
  1. They have plenty of players with playoff experience.
  2. Their tight end is Todd Heap former Baltimore Raven. Jeff King is the backup. Rob Housler is 3rd string, is a good catcher and is more of a receiving tight end with good potential.
  3. Their second receiver would probably be Wayne who Manning would want to bring with him. Their slot would be Early Doucet who does have some playoff experience.
  4. Who would protect Manning is up for grabs at this point, I expect the Cardinals to make O-line their biggest priority in the draft.

Why the Cardinals are perfect for Manning:
  • Got 9 guaranteed dome-stadium games a year(11 next year)
  • Arguably the best WR in the whole league to throw to
  • A coaching staff who has experience in working with veteran QBs(Kurt Warner super bowl run)
  • Familiar faces(Manning is friends with Larry Fitz and plays golf with coach Ken Wisenhunt
  • 2 Beastly Young Runningbacks With Loads Of Potential(Beanie Wells has already shown he's a monster when healthy)
  • An up-and-coming defense that has gotten REALLY good over the course of last year(In the second half of the season they were arguably a top 5 defense... and had the best 3rd down defense in the whole league for the whole year)
  • A weak, wide-open division that should be up for grabs
  • Great weather, and Eli Manning has a house in AZ

You'd be crazy to think AZ isn't a good fit for Manning.

Last edited by wagexslave : 03-08-2012 at 11:15 PM.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #70
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterALBballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've always thought Miami was a really good fit. Top 10 WR in the league (arguably), top 5 LT, Bush would fit well in Peyton's offense and the defense is solid.

Tough division though.....
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #71
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

.....and like 3/4 of those guys are either not starters, won't be with the team this year or just flat out not good.

You are then left with "some."

Look, Peyton is going to take one look at that offensive line and erase them from his memory. Unless he wants to get hit.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #72
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
.....and like 3/4 of those guys are either not starters, won't be with the team this year or just flat out not good.

You are then left with "some."

Look, Peyton is going to take one look at that offensive line and erase them from his memory. Unless he wants to get hit.

According to you, it seems like no one is a good fit. He's gonna have to pick someone.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #73
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
According to you, it seems like no one is a good fit. He's gonna have to pick someone.
he actually likes the Jets which are no fit at all.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #74
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic

I've said plenty times that SF is the best fit for him if he wants to win.

But since there are reports of he favors AFC teams so he doesn't have to go through his brother to get to a superbowl, KC to me is the most logical because they have a very good wide receiver corps, Jamal Charles, a good offensive line except for their RT which they are going to address....and a very bright defense. And they play in a terrible division with no great team.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #75
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It has been reported that he is meeting with Denver right now...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: