Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #1
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default School denied my appeal for "Satisfactory Academic Progress"

Rundown
2011 year was crazy, failed some classes and lost financial aid.

2012, I returned, passed 4 courses with an A, currently enrolled in some other courses and maintaining good grades.

Srping 2012 term GPA:4

Cumulative: 3.66

I took 4 courses since I lost my eligibility and maintained a good gpa, see above. So I sent my letter of appeal a week ago because I was diagnosed with ADD. I basically explained how that affected me and I also noted that I am being treated for it and I, as well as my family have noticed improvements. I cited my grades as evidence. I also attached a SIGNED letter from my Doctor confirming my claims of ADD and that I am being treated. I checked my status today and I was "Denied". WTFFFF

Can someone help me explain why they would deny me? I've got the good grades, I have a pretty good explanantion. I was diagnosed with ADD few months after dropping out but before I began my new set of courses.

Highwhey no comprende. I'm very upset because I haven't been able to find a job(well one that will allow me to go to school) and I have already asked my parents to pay some of my courses which they have been doing so. I owe them and I won't ask them to pay any more because they aren't in the best of finanacial situations right now, I don't feel comfortable with it. Co signing a loan is out of the question.

No money, how do I pay tuition? I've a job interview later Today but I doubt they will offer me the job once I tell them I need a flexible schedule for school.

I'm doing excellent in school btw. I could def have a higher GPA but earning those B's from previous semesters are really bringing down my gpa. I have A's in my current classes as well. Don't see what the problem is?
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people
Default Re: School denied my appeal for "Satisfactory Academic Progress"

1.) Any guidelines or criteria for completing the Satisfactory Academic Progress should be listed on your school's website, so check there before you ask ISH.

2.) Any accommodations needed for you learning disability should be informed to your school before the semester starts, not after. They need a record of this in place before class starts, so your instructors can be informed.

3.) Get in the habit NOW, young in your college career of reading all guidelines and requirements for school. Loans/pell info, scholly info, syllabai, drop dates, etc. etc. etc. It is critical to your collegiate success to understand the requirements of your academic endeavors.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #3
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am satisfying the criteria. Just called their office. fcking c*nts denied me because a whole lot of reasons excessive withdrawal, failure to maintain satisfactory progress and no dates listed on supporting documents.

First off, I've only withdrawn from one course. I have failed 2 previous courses but that's the whole premise of this appeal.

My Doctor listed her number with her statement and said they can call her with any questions, yet they reject me because no dates are stated.

A-S-S-H-O-L-E-S

Going to make me wait 2-3 days to receive a new Doctors letter and another 10-15 days for appeal processing, all because this "committee" that reviews appeals did not have the effort in them to pick up the fcking phone and contact my Doctor. I should go beat the sh!t out of everyone and blame it on psychosis from my psychoactive drug. dumb b!tches, I bet they wouldn't hesitate to pick up the phone and call the authorities then.

Oh yeah, and having a date of diagnosis on my Doctor's letter does not guarantee approval. Let's see, Satisfactory GPA, CHECK, Sufficient Credits for evaluation, CHECK, extenuating circumstances, MOTHERFCKN TRIPLE CHECK. I will prove to them, with all the pleasure in the world, the extent of my psychological abnormalities. Asswhipes.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

ADD is a bullshit disease, I was diagnosed with it as well.

It's just a bullshit excuse doctors can give to parents to explain why their kid doesn't do well academically.

That's why in the UK and Europe it's basically impossible to get drugs to treat it, hardly any psychologists here recognize it.

Don't blame ADD for you sucking in school.

Stop blaming other things for your own failures.

It wasnt ADD that dropped out and slacked off, it was YOU

It's not the college's fault for denying your appeal when you put yourself in that situation in the first place.

Accept that you are responsible for all of this, and you will stop feeling so bitter. It's your fault. Accept it.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

It's just a bullshit excuse doctors can give to parents to explain why their kid doesn't do well academically.

That's why in the UK and Europe it's basically impossible to get drugs to treat it, hardly any psychologists here recognize it.

It's not the college's fault for denying your appeal when you put yourself in that situation in the first place.

Accept that you are responsible for all of this, and you will stop feeling so bitter. It's your fault. Accept it.

stfu-millwad...noc's
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:

another failure at trolling posters.

i sergio. i go to spain and wrap myself in barcelona flag and take pic to look coool. i also lie on the internet about my life. i study architect but drop out cuz greeks stink, they no use no deodorant. so i blame my failure on greeks no use deodorant. but i ok cuz i sell expensive art to rich people, in other words, i am janitor at art museum. i also have supermodel girlfriend, she a perfect 10, in other words, i ride the same bus as a model every day, but she no even stare at me once, except for that time where she caught me trying to take picture of her to post on insidehoops.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
highwhey
el vato encabronado

yeah you dumb trick, take ur time replying. i'm right here fakkit.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
another failure at trolling posters.

i sergio. i go to spain and wrap myself in barcelona flag and take pic to look coool. i also lie on the internet about my life. i study architect but drop out cuz greeks stink, they no use no deodorant. so i blame my failure on greeks no use deodorant. but i ok cuz i sell expensive art to rich people, in other words, i am janitor at art museum. i also have supermodel girlfriend, she a perfect 10, in other words, i ride the same bus as a model every day, but she no even stare at me once, except for that time where she caught me trying to take picture of her to post on insidehoops.
LAWL you are just using another weak form of argument now to avoid taking responsibility, attacking the messenger in order to ignore the truth-but I will play your game.

LAWL my gf like an 8, not a model, a waiter.

I dropped out of architecture BECAUSE I LEARNED WHAT THE LIFE OF AN ARCHITECT IS LIKE AND I DIDNT WANT THAT LIFE. I have no qualms about working hard and extreme hours, infact I like it, but when I work extreme long hours I want it to be in something I love and am passionate about. I had a dream for a long time about making an epic comic series like One Piece or Naruto or the sandman but I thought I'd never be able to do it so it staid a dream for years. After doing architecture two years I saw what people can accomplish if they are determined enough and work hard enough. Made me decide I should chase my real dream and do what I'm truly passionate about. I like architecture but Im not completely in love with it like you need to be to be successful in that field.
I am completely in love with comics, illustration and story telling.
Don't make alot of money selling paintings but def enough to get by comfortably. And Im going to stop doing that to focus on my comics, half way through first issue, if cant find a publisher Im going to self publish and push it at cons and as a webcomic, I believe in the characters and story that much.

NOW back to the point at hand.

IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT, STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND BLAMING OUTSIDE FORCES FOR YOUR OWN SHORTCOMINGS.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #9
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
LAWL you are just using another weak form of argument now to avoid taking responsibility, attacking the messenger in order to ignore the truth-but I will play your game.

LAWL my gf like an 8, not a model, a waiter.

I dropped out of architecture BECAUSE I LEARNED WHAT THE LIFE OF AN ARCHITECT IS LIKE AND I DIDNT WANT THAT LIFE. I have no qualms about working hard and extreme hours, infact I like it, but when I work extreme long hours I want it to be in something I love and am passionate about. I had a dream for a long time about making an epic comic series like One Piece or Naruto or the sandman but I thought I'd never be able to do it so it staid a dream for years. After doing architecture two years I saw what people can accomplish if they are determined enough and work hard enough. Made me decide I should chase my real dream and do what I'm truly passionate about. I like architecture but Im not completely in love with it like you need to be to be successful in that field.
I am completely in love with comics, illustration and story telling.
Don't make alot of money selling paintings but def enough to get by comfortably. And Im going to stop doing that to focus on my comics, half way through first issue, if cant find a publisher Im going to self publish and push it at cons and as a webcomic, I believe in the characters and story that much.

NOW back to the point at hand.

IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT, STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND BLAMING OUTSIDE FORCES FOR YOUR OWN SHORTCOMINGS.
what a weak reply. i was expecting for something better, more intense. i'm not even going to read it all. piece of sh!t. get out of my thread if you can't go toe-to-toe. being in the uk has made you a weak fakkit.

you know dam well you are not profiting, ZERO british pounds. the only pound you getting are the ones you receive from behind, FAGGOT
Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #10
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
what a weak reply. i was expecting for something better, more intense. i'm not even going to read it all. piece of sh!t. get out of my thread if you can't go toe-to-toe. being in the uk has made you a weak fakkit.

you know dam well you are not profiting, ZERO british pounds. the only pound you getting are the ones you receive from behind, FAGGOT
Nah Im getting some good money, even got some comissions for short comics I got paid pretty well for-but it was a shitty commission, a romance comic about the story of a guy meeting his girlfriend

Going after my dream and pretty happy.

Now why do you continue to deny and avoid addressing the real point here-It is all your fault and you are entirely responsible for this mess.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:
Nah Im getting some good money, even got some comissions for short comics I got paid pretty well for-but it was a shitty commission, a romance comic about the story of a guy meeting his girlfriend

Going after my dream and pretty happy.

Now why do you continue to deny and avoid addressing the real point here-It is all your fault and you are entirely responsible for this mess.
because I've accepted my punishment, that was paying for almost 2 semesters without any financial aid. The cost is nothing to laugh about when you're short on funds. I am currently meeting their criteria, there is no reason why they should deny me at this point.

I'm not denying responsibility, I'm appealing that they end their little shenanigans.

If I am to serve a prison term, I very damn well get my release upon completing the term. Same thing is going on here, except they don't want to make me eligible. Probably because they know I'm transferring this fall. Lazy fcks, I know how lazy those scumbags are.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: